It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 07:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2015, 06:32

Deferred Applicants - Roll Call






Yes. I got deferred decision email on 11/4. :cry:

Very disappointed but I'm still very positive on thinking every ways to show CBS my commitment. Hope people on the same boat with me can get good news in the end :)

btw. according to previous thread and online information, ED waitlists got admission around the end of Nov or Dec. Few get at the beginning of Jan, and those who didn't hear back from CBS by the end of Jan got ding on 1st.Feb.

Hope this information is helpful for people who care about the information.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 29

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: CBS '18 (S)
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2015, 12:41
faytfy wrote:
Yes. I got deferred decision email on 11/4. :cry:

Very disappointed but I'm still very positive on thinking every ways to show CBS my commitment. Hope people on the same boat with me can get good news in the end :)

btw. according to previous thread and online information, ED waitlists got admission around the end of Nov or Dec. Few get at the beginning of Jan, and those who didn't hear back from CBS by the end of Jan got ding on 1st.Feb.

Hope this information is helpful for people who care about the information.



All the best for next steps! What's your profile and country?

Btw what's your take on my case? Applied on 7th Oct early morning hours and no reply yet. GMAT is 710 and from India.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2015, 18:32
TargetMBA2016 wrote:
faytfy wrote:
Yes. I got deferred decision email on 11/4. :cry:

Very disappointed but I'm still very positive on thinking every ways to show CBS my commitment. Hope people on the same boat with me can get good news in the end :)

btw. according to previous thread and online information, ED waitlists got admission around the end of Nov or Dec. Few get at the beginning of Jan, and those who didn't hear back from CBS by the end of Jan got ding on 1st.Feb.

Hope this information is helpful for people who care about the information.



All the best for next steps! What's your profile and country?

Btw what's your take on my case? Applied on 7th Oct early morning hours and no reply yet. GMAT is 710 and from India.


GMAT 740. Toefl 109. Taiwanese female. EE master with 5 years experience in ICT industry. Position ranging from technical to business related. Lots of extracurricular activities.

I saw that there are still some people receive interview invitation recently. Guess CBS received more application than they did last year. So I think you should still keep your hope till the end of next week!

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Deferred [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 07:50
Had an Interview 11/10

Just got the email this morning that I was deferred to the regular round.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Deferred [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 13:21
FishNY845 wrote:
Had an Interview 11/10

Just got the email this morning that I was deferred to the regular round.


Were you asked to email Rachael to confirm your intend?

The email provided to me is @columbia.edu, but her email on the website is @gsb.columbia.edu...just worrying if she actually get my email...

thanks

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2676

Kudos [?]: 1770 [0], given: 794

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Deferred [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 13:26
bulaienny wrote:
FishNY845 wrote:
Had an Interview 11/10

Just got the email this morning that I was deferred to the regular round.


Were you asked to email Rachael to confirm your intend?

The email provided to me is @columbia.edu, but her email on the website is @gsb.columbia.edu...just worrying if she actually get my email...

thanks


I had mailed Rachael on her gsb.columbia.edu ID as I wanted to change my city of interview ambassador. She replied via this ID

Kudos [?]: 1770 [0], given: 794

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Deferred [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 16:38
Engr2012 wrote:
bulaienny wrote:
FishNY845 wrote:
Had an Interview 11/10

Just got the email this morning that I was deferred to the regular round.


Were you asked to email Rachael to confirm your intend?

The email provided to me is @columbia.edu, but her email on the website is @gsb.columbia.edu...just worrying if she actually get my email...

thanks


I had mailed Rachael on her gsb.columbia.edu ID as I wanted to change my city of interview ambassador. She replied via this ID


Thank you Engr2012. I chatted with my friend at CBS..he said it shouldn't be a problem. She should be able to receive emails from both accounts. Hope he is right.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 16:26
Anyone on the wait list hear back yet?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Apr 2015
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: Real Estate (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 18:24
Hi, I am currently a CBS class of 2017 student and was waitlisted. I got in really late. It seems like you really want to go to the school and so I'd advise you to keep in contact with your admissions person and continue to update them of what you've been doing to improve your candidacy. Don't lose hope!!!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2016, 13:05
Anybody hear back yet?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Schools: CBS '18 (II)
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 07:14
Still waiting. Has anybody heard back yet?



FishNY845 wrote:
Anybody hear back yet?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2015
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 08:14
JPrufrock wrote:
Still waiting. Has anybody heard back yet?



FishNY845 wrote:
Anybody hear back yet?



Haven't hear back either. This thread is so quiet. Has no one really heard back?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 09:34
hello everyone, sorry that I forgot to update my status on this thread. I got admission call on 12/29.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2015
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2016, 13:15
faytfy wrote:
hello everyone, sorry that I forgot to update my status on this thread. I got admission call on 12/29.


Thanks faytfy!! I got in as well. Did you hear back about merit fellowships?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2016, 18:32
1
This post received
KUDOS
NYNY07 wrote:
faytfy wrote:
hello everyone, sorry that I forgot to update my status on this thread. I got admission call on 12/29.


Thanks faytfy!! I got in as well. Did you hear back about merit fellowships?


Congratulation! We should have a wait-list gathering then:) Not yet, but applying for need-based scholarship now.

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2015
Posts: 37

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 08:52
Looks like the waitlist is pretty small so far...

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2015
Posts: 55

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Tuck '18 (M)
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 15:07
I'm on the waitlist for RD (received decision in December) and have been sending my waitlist manager email updates every two weeks--anyone who gained admission off the waitlist, what did you do with regard to communication with CBS and improving your candidacy?

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Nov 2015
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 13:13
Have any waitlisted RD folks heard back yet?
My timeline: Applied - 10/27, Waitlisted - 01/15

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2015
Posts: 55

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Tuck '18 (M)
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 12:12
SoloUno1990 wrote:
Have any waitlisted RD folks heard back yet?
My timeline: Applied - 10/27, Waitlisted - 01/15


I have about the same timeline as you (applied 10/28, waitlisted 12/29) and haven't heard anything yet. I assume once the deadline passes in April and adcom has a better idea of how the class is shaping up, those who are waitlisted will start to hear...

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2015
Posts: 55

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Tuck '18 (M)
GPA: 3.5
Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2016, 09:42
I was released from the waitlist today. Will definitely be reapplying next year, but Early Decision. Good luck to everyone else who remains on the waitlist!

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018!   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2016, 09:42

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 28 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all CBS deferred ED applicants - Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.