Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Kellogg
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
WOW! This is really getting down to the wire. Does anyone have any updates? I have none.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Haven't heard a thing. Less than 2 weeks to go until orientation starts.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
Wharton and Darden seem to have either rounded out their classes or cut down their waitlist to around 5-10 people yesterday and today, respectively. We might be getting some closure soon... but we might not be getting the news that we have been hoping for based on what has happened the last two days.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbahopeful2012 wrote:
unknownvirus wrote:
I have an admit from another school and I got my student visa. Since I haven't yet matriculated and have a valid F1 visa, I assume in case of duke admit, I just need to request for a SEVIS transfer fee.
Anyone has any idea on this? Thanks.

I looked into this a while ago...if I recall correctly, it is a relatively simple process (in immigration terms) in which one school would have to "transfer" the SEVIS info to the other school. I believe the whole process takes 2 - 3 days at most. You could do this even after matriculation at one school but at that point the concern would be how much of the tuition you paid would be refunded.

mbahopeful2012 - congrats on your kellogg admit. So does that mean, one more spot opens up in Fuqua?
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V41
Send PM
unknownvirus wrote:
mbahopeful2012 wrote:
unknownvirus wrote:
I have an admit from another school and I got my student visa. Since I haven't yet matriculated and have a valid F1 visa, I assume in case of duke admit, I just need to request for a SEVIS transfer fee.
Anyone has any idea on this? Thanks.

I looked into this a while ago...if I recall correctly, it is a relatively simple process (in immigration terms) in which one school would have to "transfer" the SEVIS info to the other school. I believe the whole process takes 2 - 3 days at most. You could do this even after matriculation at one school but at that point the concern would be how much of the tuition you paid would be refunded.

mbahopeful2012 - congrats on your kellogg admit. So does that mean, one more spot opens up in Fuqua?

I hope so...withdrew from Fuqua. M/International/engineering.

All the best to those who are on the WL at Fuqua and hope my Kellogg visa paperwork goes through smoothly.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
mbahopeful2012 wrote:

All the best to those who are on the WL at Fuqua and hope my Kellogg visa paperwork goes through smoothly.

Congrats on the Kellogg admit, mbahopeful2012! :)

It looks like at least one more spot opened up as sparkles279 just got off of the Tuck WL today. At least two spots now need to be filled. Let's see if anybody gets a call within the next few days.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
threestripes wrote:
mbahopeful2012 wrote:

Congrats on the Kellogg admit, mbahopeful2012! :)

It looks like at least one more spot opened up as sparkles279 just got off of the Tuck WL today. At least two spots now need to be filled. Let's see if anybody gets a call within the next few days.

There were 2 more spots from earlier (DuckSauce6 had reported an HSM girl going to Wharton and ke18sb had reported withdrawing due to his Peace Corps project).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I really wonder if there are spots though. Just because people are withdrawing doesn't meant that they will necessarily admit more. I have a feeling maybe they got smart and "overadmitted" this year to anticipate the # of people who will withdraw. Who knows though.

What do you think our "drop-dead" date should be? August 1st? I mean for me, I am a little disappointed because I wanted to do the HSM concentration, and their orientation bootcamp begins on 7/25. Meaning, unless a miracle happens and I get a call today, I am probably not going to get admitted for that. I wonder if they'd even consider an applicant like me for the "regular" program.

Also....does anyone know how long it takes to get loans squared away? I mean I have my financial award letter, but I feel like you can't apply for loans until you have an acceptance. Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I called up my counselor now. She said that the class strength has been reached. Seems they will have a meeting later today regarding the WL candidates. She also added that over the last few years, she has seen a lot of movement during the last week before the orientation and we could expect some movement starting Monday.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
unknownvirus wrote:
I called up my counselor now. She said that the class strength has been reached. Seems they will have a meeting later today regarding the WL candidates. She also added that over the last few years, she has seen a lot of movement during the last week before the orientation and we could expect some movement starting Monday.

Thanks, unknownvirus. Does this mean that they could potentially send out ding notices later today, or are they simply "ranking" all of us so that it would be easier to call for replacements next week? I was told the same thing by a current student regarding movement during HSM Orientation Week. Hope a lot of people end up going somewhere else.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Fuqua starts 2 - 3 weeks earlier than other programs...so don't lose hope. There is still a chance that other programs are admitting candidates off the WL (like I was) and these people may withdraw from Fuqua. I have even heard of people not showing up at orientation and AdCom scrambling to fill up spaces at the last minute. Unless you have fin aid, housing etc. that needs to be sorted out at another school, hang in there for Fuqua...you never know.

All the best!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey Guys,

Long time lurker here. I am on the waitlist as well, applied R3. Any of you started on next years apps yet if you are reapplying? Or are you waiting until after you get dinged. I feel like starting on next years applications mean I am accepting not getting in now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Monday is more than half gone. I have heard nothing so far. Does anyone else have any updates?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
It's not looking good for us. Except for one or two of us, I think it's the end of the line. So how many of us will be reapplying? If anything, I think we might have an advantage considering how far we got this year.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sucks to have no movement on the waitlist in weeks.

I plan on reapplying.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I just withdrew from the waitlist and am focusing on my apps for next year. Good luck to everyone still holding out.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
Word on the street is Fuqua AdCom is waiting out this debt ceiling debacle before opening up more slots.

One side only wants to cut student body in order to maintain the level of quality and selectivity. The other side wants to raise a little tuition to bring in higher quality professors, attract high-quality students with scholarship, and improve career services. Currently, the side that wants to only cut student body refuse to make any compromises. The pressure is added by the August 1 Orientation deadline. If Fuqua does not have a finalized class size, we would be force to not have a class of 2013. Fuqua AdCom is looking to the leaders of America for inspirations.

Meanwhile, waitlisters are exposed to emotional volatility.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  127   128   129   130   131   132   133   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts