Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:24 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
flewbye wrote:
forevertfc wrote:
A question for current students or alums: what is your recommended place to stay in Durham to visit Fuqua?

I stayed here when I visited. It was a good spot, right next to East Campus about 5 minutes from Fuqua.

https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/north-carolina/hilton-garden-inn-durham-university-medical-center-RDUMCGI/index.html

5 minute walk or cab?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Kudos
forevertfc wrote:
flewbye wrote:
forevertfc wrote:
A question for current students or alums: what is your recommended place to stay in Durham to visit Fuqua?

I stayed here when I visited. It was a good spot, right next to East Campus about 5 minutes from Fuqua.

https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/north-carolina/hilton-garden-inn-durham-university-medical-center-RDUMCGI/index.html

5 minute walk or cab?

Cab, the hotel has a free shuttle though. It was the hotel that Duke put me up in so it must be their preferred hotel. It was within walking distance of Duke's East Campus and a lot of good restaurants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Applicants who initiated open interview, are we going to receive any ding notification on the Nov 19th and 20th?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yvonne330 wrote:
I am also an R1 applicant who received the notification that I am not invited to interview. But the thing is that I initiated an on-campus interview in Oct. Are there any applicant in the same position here?

Did you figure out what is going on?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
flewbye wrote:
forevertfc wrote:
flewbye wrote:

5 minute walk or cab?

Cab, the hotel has a free shuttle though. It was the hotel that Duke put me up in so it must be their preferred hotel. It was within walking distance of Duke's East Campus and a lot of good restaurants.

No vacancy for my dates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Fellow International applicants,any insight on the competitiveness of R2 vs R1 (especially for international applicants)for Fuqua since it there is EA option as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.45
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
flewbye wrote:
forevertfc wrote:

5 minute walk or cab?

When I interviewed in September I stayed at the hilton garden inn close by the airport. When I checked the distance and figured out it was 20 mins, I was like "Great! 20 mins only" only to realize later that I was far outside the whole city lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Did anyone who applied for Early Action round and got wait-listed hear from the adcom yet? Is there any way the wait-listed candidates can set up a call with someone from the admissions committee to discuss about the application?

Regards,
Sivan
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I read the previous threads and decided to rent a car in Durham. Only cost me $50 for 2 days. I hear a cab ride from RDU is $50 one way so worth it to look into.

I will be in Durham on the 7th, interview on the 9th. Anyone else for those dates?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.43
Send PM
sivan7693 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Did anyone who applied for Early Action round and got wait-listed hear from the adcom yet? Is there any way the wait-listed candidates can set up a call with someone from the admissions committee to discuss about the application?

Regards,
Sivan

I was waitlisted last year and unfortunately, Fuqua has a strict policy regarding application discussions. They will not discuss any specific details regarding why you were waitlisted or what you can improve upon. They do however encourage you to send them any updates on your application. My suggestion would be to take a hard look at your application, try to identify any "weaker" areas, and address how you have improved upon those areas since the time you applied. Sorry I couldn't be more help but they really try to keep the process as a sort of self reflection period. Keep your head up though! Although I didn't get in off of the waitlist, I applied again this year and was accepted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any insights or experience on the interview process at Duke? Would greatly appreciate any advice or first-hand stories.

Also, the interview guidelines state that the attire is to be Business Casual. Does that mean a suit with no tie? If anyone has already interviewed, how were the candidates dressed? Is it bad to show up in Business Formal attire (thinking from a school culture and fit perspective)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools: Duke '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
I went suit without tie. Some others that interviewed the same day as me wore business formal. Wear what makes you feel comfortable because I don't think it makes a difference, I know at least one of the other guys admitted with me went more formal. The interview is low stress but from what I've been told very important. The second-year student is really looking to see how you'll fit in to the program and contribute to Team Fuqua. If you've put a lot of thought into your essays (Why Duke?) and understand the school's culture and why you want to be a member of Team Fuqua it will come out naturally and you'll do fine. The Team Fuqua concept isn't a marketing slogan. The entire school lives and breathes it and you'll see it when you visit. People are genuinelly interested in others (and expect others to act the same way), so if you come across as arrogant or selfish I imagine that will hurt you in the interview.

Fuqua ended up being my only completed and submitted application. If you reach out to current students many will go above and beyond what you would expect in terms of help, I briefely considered hiring a consultant but after talking to some Fuquans I realized it wasn't necessary. For those looking to apply next year, if Fuqua feels right and is your number one choice definitely do the Early Action round. It's awesome being able to move on to the transition phase before Thanksgiving.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Interview on 1st at 1pm. Driving to Durham on Sunday and driving back on Monday.

Anybody know (from blogs, adcom interviews etc.,) what happens between interview and final decisions?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
KaptainK wrote:
Interview on 1st at 1pm. Driving to Durham on Sunday and driving back on Monday.

Anybody know (from blogs, adcom interviews etc.,) what happens between interview and final decisions?

I would say a lot of "waiting" for the applicant. If you mean what AdComs do, I assume they go over every applicant data, information again, including the interview, and make a decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
I read the previous threads and decided to rent a car in Durham. Only cost me $50 for 2 days. I hear a cab ride from RDU is $50 one way so worth it to look into.

I will be in Durham on the 7th, interview on the 9th. Anyone else for those dates?

I do! PM me?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello,

I received an email from Fuqua saying that I haven't been invited to interview - however, this is not a final decision on my application. The school might contact me later in this round or in the next rounds.

Are all R1 applicants getting this kind of an email? Does Fuqua reject anybody at this point?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
manali89 wrote:
Hello,

I received an email from Fuqua saying that I haven't been invited to interview - however, this is not a final decision on my application. The school might contact me later in this round or in the next rounds.

Are all R1 applicants getting this kind of an email? Does Fuqua reject anybody at this point?

Did you do Open Interview?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts