GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Aug 2020, 04:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ESSEC Master in Finance (MFin) Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V57
GPA: 3.5
Calling all ESSEC Master in Finance (MFin) Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 20 May 2020, 21:43
Creating a thread for ESSEC Master in Finance applicants to get together and discuss application-related updates. Anyone applied in R1?

Application Deadlines | ESSEC MFin Admits Group Chat

Application DeadlineDecision (No Later Than)
R1October 24th, 2019November 29th, 2019
R2January 7th, 2020February 26th, 2020
R3March 3rd, 2020April 22nd, 2020
R4April 28th, 2020June 10th, 2020

ESSEC App Tracker | Add ESSEC MFin to Your Profile

Originally posted by frenchfrie on 20 Dec 2019, 12:39.
Last edited by Narenn on 20 May 2020, 21:43, edited 3 times in total.
App tracker
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
Re: Calling all ESSEC Master in Finance (MFin) Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 11:20
Armand07 wrote:
I just received this message : « Thank you for applying for the Master in Finance.
Due to the increase in application files received for this session, we regret to inform you that there is a delay in reviewing all applications, hence your admission result will be announced by Friday, 19 June 2020 at the latest.»

Did anyone receive this response ?

Posted from my mobile device

Yup, I received the same email
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all ESSEC Master in Finance (MFin) Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 11:23
NicoM wrote:
Hi guys, just received an admit for the two year program in Cergy.

Congratulations! I applied for the same program but got the 'results postponed to 19th' email.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 11:29
I wonder if they assess applications on first come first serve basis? I received an email regarding the delay as well. Applied a day before the deadline.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 12:58
I applied on April 9th (received confirmation for my application on the 15th) and received a mail about a delay till 19th of june so I think the date you apply does not matter since I applied before people who already got in
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 13:51
Kamiil wrote:
Armand07 wrote:
I submitted one day before the deadline on April 27. This is why I got an email postponing the date of result. Maybe ?

That's what I think. I have read somewhere that they review your application as soon as you submit it so maybe that's why some people got an answer and others got an email. I personally have submitted my application on the 24th of april but one letter of recommendation was sent on the 28th. My guess is I'm gonna be getting an answer near the 19th.

I have submitted it on 18 April and received earlier the email communicating the postponement .. So I don't think it's a matter of submission date.

Anyway, quite strange they cannot say on time YES or NO (also because the seats are not unlimited)..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 14:05
ermoretto wrote:
Kamiil wrote:
Armand07 wrote:
I submitted one day before the deadline on April 27. This is why I got an email postponing the date of result. Maybe ?

That's what I think. I have read somewhere that they review your application as soon as you submit it so maybe that's why some people got an answer and others got an email. I personally have submitted my application on the 24th of april but one letter of recommendation was sent on the 28th. My guess is I'm gonna be getting an answer near the 19th.

I have submitted it on 18 April and received earlier the email communicating the postponement .. So I don't think it's a matter of submission date.

Anyway, quite strange they cannot say on time YES or NO (also because the seats are not unlimited)..

Well if its not a matter of submission date then there is only one other logical explination for this delay...
Intern
Intern
Calling all ESSEC Master in Finance (MFin) Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 14:10
Kamiil wrote:
ermoretto wrote:
Kamiil wrote:
Armand07 wrote:

Well if its not a matter of submission date then there is only one other logical explination for this delay...

What were you implying?
Personally, I think they are trying to gauge the acceptance rate of candidates (students who accept their offers in return) and make their decisions based on the slots they have left accordingly. With the Covid-19, obviously this year acceptance rate is an outlier and they can't predict whether international students will accept their offers due to travel restrictions/online course offerings.
But they are just my speculations, please don't count on it
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 14:12
cinnamon1102 wrote:
Kamiil wrote:
ermoretto wrote:
Kamiil wrote:
Armand07 wrote:

What were you implying?
Personally, I think they are trying to gauge the acceptance rate of candidates (students who accept their offers in return) and make their decisions based on the slots they have left accordingly. With the Covid-19, obviously this year acceptance rate is an outlier and they can't predict whether international students will accept their offer due to travel restrictions/online course offerings.
But they are just my speculations, please don't count on it

I think a lot of people are starting to think about this situation the way you do.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 14:26
Kamiil wrote:
ermoretto wrote:
Kamiil wrote:
Armand07 wrote:

which logical explanation?
Anyway, I honestly dunno. Really strange to send this email at 7 p.m.(France time) on the announcement day: I cannot believe yesterday or this morning they did not acknowledge not be able to process a huge (?) amount of unexpected (?) applications. The deadline was the end of April, more than one month ago!
Eventually I'm going to accept another school (paying it) ... and then we will see (Essec better name)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 15:06
Hi guys, I got admitted today. I completed my application on the 28th of April. They received my recommendation letters between 28th/29th.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 15:27
Temitee wrote:
Hi guys, I got admitted today. I completed my application on the 28th of April. They received my recommendation letters between 28th/29th.

this clearly shows submission date is not relevant
can u share your profile (e.g age, background, gmat)? thanks
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 15:33
GPA: 4.29/5 Bsc in Accounting
Associate Member of the Accounting body in my country for over 2 years
GMAT- N/A
I have worked as an Intern at PricewaterhouseCoopers and currently work at Deloitte.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 16:33
I think all the profiles who got admitted for MIF from yesterday are 2years program. Because I cannot see anyone saying admited to 1year program.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 23:46
shivanadulamanty wrote:
I think all the profiles who got admitted for MIF from yesterday are 2years program. Because I cannot see anyone saying admited to 1year program.

Nope, I have been admitted yesterday for the 1y program (My Bachelor is 4 years)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2020, 01:04
Same here, i've received an admission offer for the 1-y MFin in Singapore. I'll try to defer it, if possible, though
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2020, 05:58
Hello everyone,
Is there a second step in the admission process? Like an interview? or you are directly admitted to the university with your online application?

Thanks and good luck.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2020, 06:41
apolloduque There's no interview for the MFin program, you're accepted straight in the school once you receive admission
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ESSEC MiF "21

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2020, 09:20
is there anyone who did not get an email about the delay?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2020, 03:02
eknahiyan wrote:
is there anyone who did not get an email about the delay?

I think they notified everyone regarding the delay of results

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2020, 00:51
Did anyone who received an admit get any info from ESSEC when they might start the year? I think the current situation with COVID-19 might cause a delay right?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all ESSEC Master in Finance (MFin) Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2020, 00:51

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 88 posts ] 

Calling all ESSEC Master in Finance (MFin) Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status