Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 09:20 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
GPA: 3.9
WE:Asset Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all ESSEC MiM Applicants(2017 intake) [#permalink]
Hey!

I am an Indian Engineering student from NIT Surat. CGPA-7.22 (after 6 semesters), GMAT-710, TOEFL-113, Internship at Airtel Kenya, was a part of an not for profit organization called AIESEC for 3 years where I spent one year as the Vice President of HR. At college I was part of two magazines and was also a part of 3rd year football team during the inter year competition.

I applied in round 2 and got shortlisted. My interview is scheduled during 2nd week of Feb.
Anyway, my academics aren't strong. I scored 8.6 and 8.2 in my first two sems and degraded since then. But somehow managed to maintain a 7+ CGPA. I guess my strong part of the application was my SOP. The essays were quite personal. Maybe I might have struck a cord their too. My CV isn't top notch. I have a mix of everything. I hope I clear the interview as this was my first choice college even above HEC! (Btw I didn't get shortlisted for HEC in round 2!) Both my LOR's were professional since my professors wanted me to write my own LOR and get it signed. (I mentioned that in my second essay.)

If anyone out there has any tips on the interviews let me know :)
Also I hope to see you guys at the campus this fall :D

Cheers :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Prithvi9987 wrote:
Hey!

I am an Indian Engineering student from NIT Surat. CGPA-7.22 (after 6 semesters), GMAT-710, TOEFL-113, Internship at Airtel Kenya, was a part of an not for profit organization called AIESEC for 3 years where I spent one year as the Vice President of HR. At college I was part of two magazines and was also a part of 3rd year football team during the inter year competition.

I applied in round 2 and got shortlisted. My interview is scheduled during 2nd week of Feb.
Anyway, my academics aren't strong. I scored 8.6 and 8.2 in my first two sems and degraded since then. But somehow managed to maintain a 7+ CGPA. I guess my strong part of the application was my SOP. The essays were quite personal. Maybe I might have struck a cord their too. My CV isn't top notch. I have a mix of everything. I hope I clear the interview as this was my first choice college even above HEC! (Btw I didn't get shortlisted for HEC in round 2!) Both my LOR's were professional since my professors wanted me to write my own LOR and get it signed. (I mentioned that in my second essay.)

Also I hope to see you guys at the campus this fall :D

Cheers :)

Hey Prithvi!
Congratulations on your shortlisting and thank you for sharing your profile and admission process experience with us! I too have been selected for the interview and will be in Mumbai during second week of Feb. I think your GMAT and TOEFL scores are top notch and that's why they are a plus to your application. Also, if you can explain your degradation in GPA properly, I don't think it will be a problem. Since you have an international internship with decent extra-curriculars, I think your CV is nice.
I have a lower score on the GMAT(but a high quant score) and I am quite apprehensive about my selection. Will try to give my best in the interview. Let's hope We get selected!

Peace!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: ESSEC '20
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Guys!
I am applying for Round 4.
Any help will e appreciated. :)
Please feel free to ask any questions about my profile.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KeepCalmAdi

Hey!
You are free to share your profile and scores with us. Also mention your motivation behind choosing ESSEC MiM.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: ESSEC '20
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
l

Originally posted by KeepCalmAdi on 28 Jan 2017, 01:27.
Last edited by KeepCalmAdi on 30 Jan 2017, 12:27, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone
I applied in Round 1 this year
However, the interview was quite good, there's not a lot to point out but to prepare very well for the obvious questions
Understand ever word of your resume and that's it
Good luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hey guys, I got selected. Few tips for the interview:

1st: The interviewers just want to get to know you and each aspect of your resume. So make sure you do your lil homework there ;)
2nd: Some questions can get tricky, but imo the trick is to answer them as honestly and confidently as you can.
3rd: Don't sweat it and have apprehensions before you go. It'll go better than you think. Also, brushing up on a few latest news topics might be beneficial.
4th: As long as you're able to explain your scores, it'll be alright. Chances are, they may not even ask you about them.

Relax and good luck! :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ree394 wrote:
Hey guys, I got selected. Few tips for the interview:

1st: The interviewers just want to get to know you and each aspect of your resume. So make sure you do your lil homework there ;)
2nd: Some questions can get tricky, but imo the trick is to answer them as honestly and confidently as you can.
3rd: Don't sweat it and have apprehensions before you go. It'll go better than you think. Also, brushing up on a few latest news topics might be beneficial.
4th: As long as you're able to explain your scores, it'll be alright. Chances are, they may not even ask you about them.

Relax and good luck! :D

Hey ree394
Can you please share your profile? It will be great for the aspirants to have an idea about the students, ESSEC is looking for.
Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello everyone,

All those who have been selected, have you paid the initial deposit? I wanted to delay it due to some issues, if there is anyone who has talked to adcom or anybody and know something, please do share.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey,
I applied in Round 3 and my interview is scheduled next week .What kind of questions should i expect?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: University of shahid beheshti(SBU)
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 510 Q49 V15
GPA: 3
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Wow guys !! reading your posts, I have exactly no idea why I have been shortlisted. My GMAT score is 590, my IELTS 8, and my GPA is 2.7/4. I admit I spent a lot of time on my SOP and essays. I'm waiting for my interview. Fingers crossed lets see what happens next.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
houtanmodaresi wrote:
Wow guys !! reading your posts, I have exactly no idea why I have been shortlisted. My GMAT score is 590, my IELTS 8, and my GPA is 2.7/4. I admit I spent a lot of time on my SOP and essays. I'm waiting for my interview. Fingers crossed lets see what happens next.

Wow you gave me hope! My GMAT is 600 , my ielts is 8, my GPA is 3.5/4. I applied for the 4th round and now keeping my finger crossed for the shortlisted result. BTW wishing you the very best for the interview !
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: University of shahid beheshti(SBU)
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 510 Q49 V15
GPA: 3
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos