Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink]
2 years of over enrollment is ridiculous
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: IBUS, Leadership
Schools:HBS (R2-Ding), Wharton (R2-Ding), MIT (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2-Accepted), Tuck (R2-WL), NYU (R2-WL)
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
I spoke to someone over at admissions today and confirmed...completely overenrolled. They do not expect to have movement on the waitlist for a few months. They are hopeful for candidates on WL but basically outlined...it's my risk to assume by remaining on the waitlist. c'est la vie.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 246 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
lagomez wrote:
dorsvenabili wrote:
Yes, I too received the email today, 2 hours ago. I don't really know what to make of it. I'm just happy that I made it to the "reduced waitlist." You never know, things happen, people drop out last minute. PLUS: the R4 people haven't made their deposits yet, so....don't lose hope. It is torture though.

I was reading the waitlist thread "Calling all Tuck Waitlisters" and everyone there is reporting being on the reduced waitlist as well.

Oh Darn.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
bryans wrote:
TO ALL PROSPECTIVE TUCK APPLICANTS:

NEVER EVER APPLY IN THE FINAL ROUND, IT'S A COMPLETE WASTE OF YOUR APPLICATION FEE AND TIME! THE HARD WORK, TIME AND THE EFFORT YOU PUT INTO PREPARING A STRONG APPLICATION IS JUST FUTILE!

IN FACT, YOU'LL BE LUCKY IF YOU GOT IN THE 3RD ROUND. JUST LOOK AT ALL THESE WAITLISTERS HERE BOTH ON THIS FORUM AND THE ONE ON "Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS‎".I HOPE THEY HAD A BACKUP PLAN AND GOT ACCEPTED AT SOME OTHER MBA PROGRAM.

FOR AS SMALL AS A CLASS SIZE TUCK IS, TUCK SHOULD SERIOUSLY HAVE ONLY 2 ROUNDS, THE EARLY ACTION AND THE NOVEMBER ROUND AND TO STOP KEEPING HOPES UP OF WAITLISTERS OR HAVING THEM TO DEFER FOR A YEAR. BOTTOM LINE IS THE ADMISSIONS ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN YOUR $225 APP. FEE!!!!!

IT'S VERY SAD AND PATHETIC THE WAY THE ADMISSIONS IS RUN THERE. COMPLETELY DISORGANIZED! SOME SUPREME AUTHORITY SHOULD IMMEDIATELY STEP IN AND FIX THIS MESS, BECAUSE QUIET HONESTLY, DAWNA CLARKE AND THE REST OF THE ADMISSIONS TEAM ARE DOING A PRETTY CRAPPY, POOR JOB, AND THEY OUGHT TO BE REPLACED IMMEDIATELY. THESE PEOPLE ARE AN INSULT TO AN IVY LEAGUE SCHOOL OF THIS STATURE.

I just got accepted from the waitlist.
Manager
Manager
Schools:HBS (R2-Ding), Wharton (R2-Ding), MIT (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2-Accepted), Tuck (R2-WL), NYU (R2-WL)
Send PM
Congratulations!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations!!!! Question: Did you get a call or an email? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
dorsvenabili wrote:

I got a call from a member of the adcom. During the call I was told that my acceptance letter had been updated (it has).

I also got some info re housing, finance, visa etc. And apparently I have a pack coming in the post.

No sleep for me tonight :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 246 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
RHB wrote:
dorsvenabili wrote:

I got a call from a member of the adcom. During the call I was told that my acceptance letter had been updated (it has).

I also got some info re housing, finance, visa etc. And apparently I have a pack coming in the post.

That is more than awesome.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Quote:
TO ALL PROSPECTIVE TUCK APPLICANTS:

NEVER EVER APPLY IN THE FINAL ROUND, IT'S A COMPLETE WASTE OF YOUR APPLICATION FEE AND TIME! THE HARD WORK, TIME AND THE EFFORT YOU PUT INTO PREPARING A STRONG APPLICATION IS JUST FUTILE!

IN FACT, YOU'LL BE LUCKY IF YOU GOT IN THE 3RD ROUND. JUST LOOK AT ALL THESE WAITLISTERS HERE BOTH ON THIS FORUM AND THE ONE ON "Calling All Fall 2011 Dartmouth Tuck WAITLISTERS‎".I HOPE THEY HAD A BACKUP PLAN AND GOT ACCEPTED AT SOME OTHER MBA PROGRAM.

FOR AS SMALL AS A CLASS SIZE TUCK IS, TUCK SHOULD SERIOUSLY HAVE ONLY 2 ROUNDS, THE EARLY ACTION AND THE NOVEMBER ROUND AND TO STOP KEEPING HOPES UP OF WAITLISTERS OR HAVING THEM TO DEFER FOR A YEAR. BOTTOM LINE IS THE ADMISSIONS ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN YOUR $225 APP. FEE!!!!!

IT'S VERY SAD AND PATHETIC THE WAY THE ADMISSIONS IS RUN THERE. COMPLETELY DISORGANIZED! SOME SUPREME AUTHORITY SHOULD IMMEDIATELY STEP IN AND FIX THIS MESS, BECAUSE QUIET HONESTLY, DAWNA CLARKE AND THE REST OF THE ADMISSIONS TEAM ARE DOING A PRETTY CRAPPY, POOR JOB, AND THEY OUGHT TO BE REPLACED IMMEDIATELY. THESE PEOPLE ARE AN INSULT TO AN IVY LEAGUE SCHOOL OF THIS STATURE.

What's ridiculous is that there's really no excuse for you having more than 30 capital letters in your post (based on number of sentences / proper nouns).

Also, you're basing everything in your post based on the experiences of GMATClub members. We have a very strong community on these boards, but I have to believe that the number of GMATClub members who apply to any given school makes up only a small percentage of the overall applicant pool.

It's not right to insult specific individuals and entire departments based on assumptions which were made off the experiences of a small subgroup of the applying population (or at all, for that matter). Not only that, but even based only on GMATClub results, we have examples of people being accepted off the waitlist and being accepted in the final round.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RHB. If I may ask....what exactly have you done to update your application? I have had people (alum, professors, current students, Recommenders) advocate, call, email...send carrier pigeons, advocating on my behalf. Literally, interactions have been made with the dean himself. By no means do I believe this makes me a stronger candidate or a must accept or anything...but the name of the waitlist game is networking, perseverance, and also demonstrating your committment to the program. So, I am just wondering what you did to change your application?

In any case, I am thrilled for you. If anything, you invigorated my hope in the system and it's nice to see some movement...for someone. Best Luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RHB wrote:
dorsvenabili wrote:

Congratulations! So happy for you! And yes, if you could offer some insight on whether you called the AdCom, spoke with them regarding how to strengthen your application, that would be great. Congrats and thanks again.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
C20 wrote:
RHB. If I may ask....what exactly have you done to update your application? I have had people (alum, professors, current students, Recommenders) advocate, call, email...send carrier pigeons, advocating on my behalf. Literally, interactions have been made with the dean himself. By no means do I believe this makes me a stronger candidate or a must accept or anything...but the name of the waitlist game is networking, perseverance, and also demonstrating your committment to the program. So, I am just wondering what you did to change your application?

In any case, I am thrilled for you. If anything, you invigorated my hope in the system and it's nice to see some movement...for someone. Best Luck!

Thanks so much for your good wishes!

I'm afraid I have to disappoint you as far as offering advice. I would love to tell you my strategy but unfortunately I didn't have one! When I was put on the WL I immediately called the adcom and asked if there was anything I could do to strengthen my application. They said that there was not and I should just sit tight and wait for more news, so that's what I did.

I think a couple of things went in my favor, my first contact with the school was through some current students. I identified a couple of the clubs that I wanted to join and got in contact with them. By doing this I made some really good connections with current students and was able to learn a huge amount about the school prior to going for an interview or submitting my application. I think this was the best thing I could have done because I was able to learn exactly why I fit the school so well and I was able to then articulate that in my essays and during the interview.

The second thing that went in my favor was that I got an amazing interviewer. I interviewed with a member of the adcom and for whatever reason we really made a great connection. If I had interviewed with someone else things may have turned out very different.

That's really all I can tell you about my particular application process. It was really very simple, and apart from the frustrating time spent on the WL, it was also pretty painless.

I really do wish that I had some sage advice that would help you get in but I don't. If you have any other questions about my experience let me know and I'll do my best to answer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
RHB,

I have a question - forgive me if this was answered earlier as I have only read the last couple pages of posts - why are you matriculating in 2013? Was that by your own choice or per Tuck's request? That's quite a ways away.

Thx
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Oops that should say 2011
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I got in off the waitlist today!!!! I accepted UT McCombs' offer two weeks ago and have been making all these Austin relocation plans. I had been waiting for this call since March; I thought my ship sailed!!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
C20 wrote:
I got in off the waitlist today!!!! I accepted UT McCombs' offer two weeks ago and have been making all these Austin relocation plans. I had been waiting for this call since March; I thought my ship sailed!!!!

Dam! Congratulations!

Schools starts in 9 weeks!

RF
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations RHB and C20! Really great news!!! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  101   102   103   104   105   106   107   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts