Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.73
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Other (Retail)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I was waitlisted in the EA round ... interesting to see someone was accepted during this round from the EA waitlist. Kinda frustrating that Tuck's waitlist letter indicates they don't revisit the waitlist until all of the other rounds are done, I can now see that that is a complete lie! Come on Tuck! At least be honest with the waitlist..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
I'm planning on Booth, however Tuck has by far the best set up for a family (I have two kids). If Tuck gives me some good news in the next round it will be a hard decision between Booth and Tuck.

Where have you applied?

batman28 wrote:
So are you going to booth or darden?
What are you going to do with tuck wl?

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
pingpong wrote:
Dinged. My letter mentioned something asking for feedback, and that they only offer it proactively to the top 10%. Is that 10% thing even true?

Pingpong - from what I've seen posted in previous rounds, this is indeed true. Of course it sucks to receive a ding but ... for what it's worth, most (not all) of the folks who received this feedback and posted on the boards had relatively fewer years of WE than Tuck's average. These guys saw it as a signal from Tuck that adcomm would look favorably on them should they reapply in a year with some focus on building out WE through special projects, promotions, increased responsibility, etc.
Just my $.02
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Statistics, Finance
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Waitlisted! For those others on the waitlist, I suppose you can rest a bit easier in that I highly likely won't be joining up for it. Unfortunately, even if I were accepted, I would probably have had to turn it down anyway unless I was given a huge scholarship. Unfortunately, in my rush to apply there I didn't quite specify to my fiance (now wife) just how remote it actually is...anyway to cut a long story short she really doesn't want to go to Hanover so the Tuck dream is over now. Nevertheless, I'm very happy about the waitlist...it's my first one so far and certainly better than the round of dings I got in R1 and hoping this means my R2 app strategy is working much better. Hoping this is a good portent for Chicago...congratulations to all those accepted and hope you enjoy your time in the snowy fields of Hanover :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
shweta20 wrote:
Dinged as well!

So Ross or Anderson -- where should I go ?

Congrats to all Tuckies!!

bk123 wrote:
Dinged. Oh well, I'm headed to Ann Arbor :)

Congrats to all the admits!

Sorry about the ding! But hey you've a choice ... welcome to Ross :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Gah208 wrote:
Dinged w/ invite for feedback. Any reapplicants have insight into this process? How tangible is the advice? Had my heart set on Tuck and will most likely reapply EA next year.

I was in this boat last year ... but I got waitlisted with feedback (I assume they offer feedback to all the people waitlisted). Coming to the tangibility part, I hate to say this, but it depends. If you're a person with less than average GMAT or less number of years of work-ex or no quantitative background etc. etc., I'm sure they would give you some tangible advice and I got one. Even if you haven't received the invitation for feedback, I know people who have called up Tuck admissions in summer seeking feedback, applied in EA next cycle and got admitted. Show them how you've followed their advice and improved your candidacy - even if the result is not so tangible, elaborate your journey - your sincerity will shine through!

And my sincere advice to all the re-applicants - apply early, EA highly recommended or R1, the latest. I've done a big mistake re-applying in R2 for various unavoidable reasons and I know that's the biggest reason for the straight ding this year. I know a handful of people who've re-applied in EA and got in in the last 2 years.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
pingpong wrote:
Dinged. My letter mentioned something asking for feedback, and that they only offer it proactively to the top 10%. Is that 10% thing even true?

Pingpong - from what I've seen posted in previous rounds, this is indeed true. Of course it sucks to receive a ding but ... for what it's worth, most (not all) of the folks who received this feedback and posted on the boards had relatively fewer years of WE than Tuck's average. These guys saw it as a signal from Tuck that adcomm would look favorably on them should they reapply in a year with some focus on building out WE through special projects, promotions, increased responsibility, etc.
Just my $.02

pingpong, I also believe it's true. As I stated in my above post, Tuck does offer some solid feedback to few candidates (in some cases even if they cold-called without invitation) - so an invitation for that session is definitely a good sign!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.11
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
pingpong wrote:

Just my $.02

That's certainly reassuring to hear, as I'm sure my relative lack of WE didn't do me any favors.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Other admits, is it just me or are tickets to Boston during ASW weekend ridiculously expensive? I'm looking at $525 from the Midwest. Someone wanna give me FF miles? #showsometucklove
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
Are there any good sports bars near Tuck?.....I can survive w/out many things,..but the NFL is not one of them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.67
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:
Other admits, is it just me or are tickets to Boston during ASW weekend ridiculously expensive? I'm looking at $525 from the Midwest. Someone wanna give me FF miles? #showsometucklove

I'm not an admit (yet, hopefully!!), but I'd also recommend looking at some surrounding airports. Burlington, VT (BTV) and Manchester, NH may be more reasonable. I believe BTV is about the same distance as Logan, and it's where I have flown in in the past since my parents live in the area.

Congrats to the Tuck admits!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.11
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
mooze wrote:
Are there any good sports bars near Tuck?.....I can survive w/out many things,..but the NFL is not one of them.

According to my brother, the only thing that can even vaguely be described as a sports bar in Hanover is Murphy's (and the only reason it counts is because they actually have TVs). Otherwise, you'd have to head into Lebanon, and even there pickings are pretty slim.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Anyone traveling to Tuck from the NY area for ASW on Fri or Sat? If so, message me!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
pingpong wrote:
mooze wrote:

According to my brother, the only thing that can even vaguely be described as a sports bar in Hanover is Murphy's (and the only reason it counts is because they actually have TVs). Otherwise, you'd have to head into Lebanon, and even there pickings are pretty slim.

Too bad,...how am I going to watch Steelers games? I can't not watch NFL for 2 whole years. There must be a solution.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

I'm applying for the April Round and wanted to know if it is extremely important to schedule the applicant-initiated interview. Thank you !!

- Eason
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
mooze wrote:
pingpong wrote:
mooze wrote:

Too bad,...how am I going to watch Steelers games? I can't not watch NFL for 2 whole years. There must be a solution.

You can always subscribe to NFL Game Pass and plug-in to the TV monitors in a dorm lounge. Maybe you can get together with a couple of other fans and split the cost. I know many students who do this for soccer games.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Tuck2013 wrote:

You can always subscribe to NFL Game Pass and plug-in to the TV monitors in a dorm lounge. Maybe you can get together with a couple of other fans and split the cost. I know many students who do this for soccer games.

You actually cannot get NFL game pass in the US,...only available to those outside the US.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts