It is currently 16 Oct 2017, 19:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 16:45
No call for me today. Wish I am still on the waitlist.

Cong for R2 admits.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 51

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 19:10
When will the guys who are WLed or Dinged going to get the status update. I still see my status as "file under review". I have not heard anything yet.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 6

Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 19:12
dransa wrote:
When will the guys who are WLed or Dinged going to get the status update. I still see my status as "file under review". I have not heard anything yet.

Tomorrow morning.

Posted from my mobile device

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 11

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 20:11
Congrats to all of the R2 admits. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 02:00
Got the call earlier today (yesterday now) and I'm very excited.

packet - your time and help is really appreciated and amazing. I just wanted to thank you for sharing all your insight on these forums which really help us all navigate through this process.

I'm faced with the difficult decision of Wharton EMBA SF and Haas EWMBA. I'm passionate about entrepreneurship and have achieved some solid entrepreneurial success but I'm really interested in shifting into the venture capital side of things post MBA. I'm also interested in working as a product/project manager at an exciting startup post MBA as well (if my venture capital aspirations don't materialize right away). I really like the Lester Center's venture capital programs and initiatives - packet, can you share any additional information on this front (specifically, the VC related programs of the Lester Center)? Could you also share Haas' reputation with the prestigious venture capital firms in the Bay? The chatter is that you need a big 3 (Stanford, Harvard, Wharton) MBA to get into the prestigious venture capital firms but I'm not sure how valid that statement is.

Also, I like how you finish in two years with the Wharton program instead of the three with Haas. I understand that Haas is every week but I think the immersion you get from Wharton's full day Fri/Sat every other week is also extremely intensive. I'm not sure how much immersion you get when attending one class a couple nights a week. However, the fact that the Haas full campus is in the Bay, and you have access to full-time events/programs is very intriguing (my work schedule is extremely flexible and determined by me so I could definitely take advantage of this). The Haas brand is top notch, but the Wharton brand is...the Wharton brand.

In summary, I'm extremely torn - a good problem to have but a tough one to say the least. Additional insight from you packet (or anyone else) is greatly appreciated.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 09:40
This post was
BOOKMARKED
cyrez888 wrote:
I'm faced with the difficult decision of Wharton EMBA SF and Haas EWMBA. I'm passionate about entrepreneurship and have achieved some solid entrepreneurial success but I'm really interested in shifting into the venture capital side of things post MBA. I'm also interested in working as a product/project manager at an exciting startup post MBA as well (if my venture capital aspirations don't materialize right away). I really like the Lester Center's venture capital programs and initiatives - packet, can you share any additional information on this front (specifically, the VC related programs of the Lester Center)? Could you also share Haas' reputation with the prestigious venture capital firms in the Bay? The chatter is that you need a big 3 (Stanford, Harvard, Wharton) MBA to get into the prestigious venture capital firms but I'm not sure how valid that statement is.

Also, I like how you finish in two years with the Wharton program instead of the three with Haas. I understand that Haas is every week but I think the immersion you get from Wharton's full day Fri/Sat every other week is also extremely intensive. I'm not sure how much immersion you get when attending one class a couple nights a week. However, the fact that the Haas full campus is in the Bay, and you have access to full-time events/programs is very intriguing (my work schedule is extremely flexible and determined by me so I could definitely take advantage of this). The Haas brand is top notch, but the Wharton brand is...the Wharton brand.

In summary, I'm extremely torn - a good problem to have but a tough one to say the least. Additional insight from you packet (or anyone else) is greatly appreciated.

I can't give you a ton of info about the Wharton program as I've only talked to a few of their students at a couple Haas/Wharton networking nights. I can say that their students seem to be very happy with their program though and they have a killer location next to Google's SF office. If you're comparing Wharton to Haas, the Haas equivalent would be the EMBA program rather than the EWMBA as the format and student profile is the same.

As for Haas, I can say that if you're trying to go in to the tech industry, there's us or Stanford that you should be looking at. For VC, if you have previous entrepreneurship experience, it's really about networking with VCs and catching one at the right time in the funding cycle. It's pretty easy to meet VCs around here as they're on campus pretty often. My entrepreneurship class this semester is taught by a partner at Andreessen for example.

The lester center isn't really where you want to go anyways. Berkeley Entrepeneurs Association has lots going on. If you're really interested, run for a leadership position and you'll get a ton of contacts. There are a bunch of accelerators and associations to get involved with as well. SkyDeck, the foundry, CET, and others.

To be completely honest, since you said this:

cyrez888 wrote:
(my work schedule is extremely flexible and determined by me so I could definitely take advantage of this)

You're probably better off at Haas. The class schedule is just when you have to take class. There are a massive number of out of class opportunities that you can take advantage of if your schedule allows, and that's really the advantage of the part time program at Haas, especially if you're interested in entrepreneurship. My schedule is much the same as yours these days. I'm only taking one class at the moment because I'm too busy with extracurriculars. I'm interning at a VC, and I'm working 2 days a week at SkyDeck, along with helping out a couple startups.

The program is flexible enough that I can take a single credit if I'm too busy working on entrepreneurship stuff, or I can take a bunch of credits to finish early. It's really up to you. That and I have access to all of the same resources the full time students have. I really couldn't be happier.

Both programs are amazing, and I'm sure you'll do well at either one. I could go on for hours about entrepreneurship at Haas. If you want to talk or meet up around campus, let me know.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 10:25
Still can't log in. Did anyone get the admit email?

Current Student

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 10:26
Ok, I could log in now but it says, file under review

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 10:40
Waitlisted again :( R1 applicant.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.67
WE: Architecture (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 10:49
Just got the WL email.

Intern
Intern

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 10:53
cyrez888 wrote:
Got the call earlier today (yesterday now) and I'm very excited.

packet - your time and help is really appreciated and amazing. I just wanted to thank you for sharing all your insight on these forums which really help us all navigate through this process.

Whoa. Congrats on the admits. Personally speaking I have members in my family from both Haas and Wharton, and wharton wins any day. Its a bigger brand name and you end up building better connections for a fast career progression. Both are in silicon valley so the opportunities are similar. Wharton wins on brand name and connections. Just my 2 cents

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 11:00
hsphx wrote:

Same here. Waitlist from R1.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 11

GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 11:10
Waitlisted R2.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 11

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 11:11
chinatta wrote:
hsphx wrote:

Same here. Waitlist from R1.

I am waitlisted in R2.

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 11:14
What are the odds of getting in after wait listed ? Has any Wled candidate gotten in this season?

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.67
WE: Architecture (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 11:16
dransa wrote:
What are the odds of getting in after wait listed ? Has any Wled candidate gotten in this season?

Think there is one person in this forum who was WL in R1 and recieved an admit in R2

Last edited by domnicfdes on 03 Apr 2015, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 11:17
Haven't received the e-mail yet but I'm assuming the same because my status hasn't changed. Waitlisted again. can we call this cruel and unusual? haha

Does anybody know the chances of acceptance for twice-waitlisted candidates? I saw a few people in the thread that said they were wait listed till in the end and then denied.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V37
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 11:43
bamirb wrote:
Haven't received the e-mail yet but I'm assuming the same because my status hasn't changed. Waitlisted again. can we call this cruel and unusual? haha

Does anybody know the chances of acceptance for twice-waitlisted candidates? I saw a few people in the thread that said they were wait listed till in the end and then denied.

I was waitlisted twice last year before final nail in the coffin.
WL 2nd time this year. Overall 4th time for me.
Waiting since Nov 2013 when I first applied.. Wish I knew what I could do to convince the adcom that I really want to be a part of Haas. If waiting counted would have scored some points on it :P

Either ways no matter what happens at the end of it all, one thing Haas has already taught me is how to be calm and patient, and keep looking forward and moving ahead!!
All I can wish for is that it ends well. Congrats to everyone who made it to the other side.

Goodluck to folks on the waitlist. Hope it works out well for all of us.

-Bit by Bit

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 13:31
Hi

Just got WL ed in R2.

Any separate suggestions/pointers from previously WLed candidates or who were successful in a subsequent Round? Apart from the usual stuff like an improved GMAT score, extra letter of recommendation etc as mentioned in the WL email.

Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 13:46
shine407 wrote:
Hi

Just got WL ed in R2.

Any separate suggestions/pointers from previously WLed candidates or who were successful in a subsequent Round? Apart from the usual stuff like an improved GMAT score, extra letter of recommendation etc as mentioned in the WL email.

I would recommend applying at other schools as well. Last year Berkeley kept me on WL for a while and then dinged. I think Wharton is much better option if you are in bay area. My interviewer at Berkeley kept checking the text messages during our interview. I found their behavior little bit disgusting. I didn't made same mistake and applied at multiple schools this year. Will be soon starting at Wharton :-). I would recommend Wharton over Berkeley. Haas is good school but it is overrated and over subscribed.

Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 03 Apr 2015, 13:46

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  44    Next  [ 872 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap