GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 01:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 14:20
Uhhh.. Waitlisted again from R1.

I already submitted the 3rd recommendation letter after being waitlisted, and the good news is I just got a promotion last week and some raise in my salary. Except this, I don't know what else I can do to strengthen my application. Any ideas?

This is really a long wait and just hope they won't waitlist me again after the 3rd round... It's kind of torturing haha..

Berkeley is the only school I applied for since I only want to get into a top part-time MBA program in the bay. Does Wharton have that in SF as well?? Not considering EMBA although..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 14:28
pkpk wrote:
shine407 wrote:
Hi

Just got WL ed in R2.

Any separate suggestions/pointers from previously WLed candidates or who were successful in a subsequent Round? Apart from the usual stuff like an improved GMAT score, extra letter of recommendation etc as mentioned in the WL email.

I would recommend applying at other schools as well. Last year Berkeley kept me on WL for a while and then dinged. I think Wharton is much better option if you are in bay area. My interviewer at Berkeley kept checking the text messages during our interview. I found their behavior little bit disgusting. I didn't made same mistake and applied at multiple schools this year. Will be soon starting at Wharton :-). I would recommend Wharton over Berkeley. Haas is good school but it is overrated and over subscribed.

Hi pkpk,

Thanks for your response. However applying to Wharton is not on the cards for me right now, and it is more of an Executive Program. I would rather want to be a part of a Part Time Program. I already have an admit from the Davis Bay Area program, but still would want to try for Haas till the last nail.

So repeat my question : "Can any previously WLed candidate who subsequently got an admit at Haas, point to stuff that between WL and Admit in a later round, apart from the usual like repeating GMAT, extra recommendation etc. ? " packet82 can you please provide some pointers? Also can someone tell me if emailing professors and setting up informational interviews would help by bringing you in the radar of the faculty?
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 15:08
Jueban wrote:

I already submitted the 3rd recommendation letter after being waitlisted, and the good news is I just got a promotion last week and some raise in my salary. Except this, I don't know what else I can do to strengthen my application. Any ideas?

This is really a long wait and just hope they won't waitlist me again after the 3rd round... It's kind of torturing haha..

Berkeley is the only school I applied for since I only want to get into a top part-time MBA program in the bay. Does Wharton have that in SF as well?? Not considering EMBA although..

Same to me. Submitted the 3rd recommendation letter after R1 waitlist. But R2 waitlist again. Should we submit the 4th one?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 17:46
Packet - fantastic information as always, thanks again. Just PMd you.

I found a pretty interesting article as well - search for "pitchbook mba pe vc firms"
Intern
Intern
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2015, 17:49
I have no idea why you wouldn't consider the Wharton EMBA if you want a Bay Area MBA that gives you the flexibility to continue to work - WEMBA results in the same exact Wharton MBA (same number of class units as well).

I've seen this comment before and don't get it - if you want to go part-time for your MBA in the Bay, clearly the Wharton MBA SF and Haas EWMBA programs are the two best programs.

Yes - your class profile in EMBA is older potentially but don't see how that could be a fatal flaw in not deciding to apply.

Jueban wrote:

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Accounting
GMAT 1: 510 Q42 V20
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V31

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2015, 23:55
Hello,
R3 applicants, did many of you receive an invitation for an interview?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V35

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 00:43
alenaslavik25 wrote:
Hello,

I applied 10 minutes before the deadline and submitted Rec letters a week after, but havent heard back at all (except a confirmation email saying that my application is complete). I am REALLY nervous. I have heard majority of strong applicants usually hear back within a week from the deadline. I know at least 3 of the R3 applicants have already gone to interviews. Does that mean I dont have a chance? I hate the waiting part.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 09:46
Thank you for your suggestions! I feel EMBA is not a good fit for me for now. It's more executive level and needs more experience, which I don't think I'm capable of. :)

cyrez888 wrote:
I have no idea why you wouldn't consider the Wharton EMBA if you want a Bay Area MBA that gives you the flexibility to continue to work - WEMBA results in the same exact Wharton MBA (same number of class units as well).

I've seen this comment before and don't get it - if you want to go part-time for your MBA in the Bay, clearly the Wharton MBA SF and Haas EWMBA programs are the two best programs.

Yes - your class profile in EMBA is older potentially but don't see how that could be a fatal flaw in not deciding to apply.

Jueban wrote:

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 12:55
Jueban wrote:
Thank you for your suggestions! I feel EMBA is not a good fit for me for now. It's more executive level and needs more experience, which I don't think I'm capable of. :)

cyrez888 wrote:

Jueban wrote:

I will second Jueban. The EWMBA is as close to a full-time MBA as it can get. Whereas Warton EMBA is an Executive MBA ; the programs are in different category. The right comparison would be between HAAS EMBA and Warton EMBA.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 13:06
alenaslavik25 wrote:
Hello,

Some of us certainly have Interview invites. I will be interviewing on April 27th.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 13:07
I applied 10 minutes before the deadline and submitted Rec letters a week after, but havent heard back at all (except a confirmation email saying that my application is complete). I am REALLY nervous. I have heard majority of strong applicants usually hear back within a week from the deadline. I know at least 3 of the R3 applicants have already gone to interviews. Does that mean I dont have a chance? I hate the waiting part.

launchpad123 wrote:
alenaslavik25 wrote:
Hello,

Some of us certainly have Interview invites. I will be interviewing on April 27th.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 13:09
HeartHaas wrote:

launchpad123 wrote:
alenaslavik25 wrote:
Hello,

I wouldn't read too much into it, especially when the AdCom emphasizes the fact that they send interview invites right up to the final week before the decision. Hang tight..
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 16:20
Now that R2 acceptances have gone out, does anyone know how many slots have been filled so far ? 150 ? 200 ?
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.49
WE: Marketing (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 18:07
R3 applicant, sent my application 20 minutes before the deadline. I received my interview invite on 3/29. I'm interviewing next Wednesday, 4/15.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE: Consulting (Advertising and PR)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 18:14
R3 applicant, sent in application about 10 min before deadline. Got invited to interview on 3/26, interview date is 4/8.
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2015, 22:31
timbuktu1 wrote:
Now that R2 acceptances have gone out, does anyone know how many slots have been filled so far ? 150 ? 200 ?

Majority of the admits are done in R3. Don't worry too much. Interview invites are also random in nature.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2015, 10:40
I have heard majority of strong applicants usually hear back within a week from the R3 deadline. In fact many R3 interviews are being conducted this week and next week. Does that mean I dont have a chance? I am REALLY nervous.

someone79 wrote:
timbuktu1 wrote:

Majority of the admits are done in R3. Don't worry too much. Interview invites are also random in nature.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2015, 14:25
HeartHaas wrote:
I have heard majority of strong applicants usually hear back within a week from the R3 deadline. In fact many R3 interviews are being conducted this week and next week. Does that mean I dont have a chance? I am REALLY nervous.

someone79 wrote:
timbuktu1 wrote:

That's not true. You are getting unnecessarily worried. Try emailing the Haas EWMBA office with some question, and that usually results in an interview invite. Check something like whether they got your TOEFL score, in case you are an international candidate.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2015, 15:14
someone79 wrote:
timbuktu1 wrote:

Just curious, how do you know this? From what I've heard over the past couple years, the bulk of admits come from R2.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2015, 16:53
orangerie wrote:
someone79 wrote:
timbuktu1 wrote:

Just curious, how do you know this? From what I've heard over the past couple years, the bulk of admits come from R2.

Learned it the hard way :)

You can check the pages of past few years to know more on this. Per my experience, R2 has never been the round with maximum admits though it's certainly bigger than R1.
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 07 Apr 2015, 16:53

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  44    Next  [ 872 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap