It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 12:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 10:09
Hello,
Got an invite for interview today. Don't see the page to schedule it though. Applied in R3.
Any advice on how to prep from those who have experienced/researched?
Thanks
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V35
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 10:35
Awesome, best of luck to you. Do they invite over the phone or send out emails? Do you mind if I ask your GMAT score?

mbabug17 wrote:
Hello,
Got an invite for interview today. Don't see the page to schedule it though. Applied in R3.
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 11:49
mbabug17 wrote:
Hello,
Thanks

Haas usually has very typical MBA interview and they will want to know whatever you have written in your application. It's a 30 minute interview and happens on campus, usually with a member of the Adcom.

My advice: be relaxed and be prepared to be asked on whatever you have written in your application.
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 11:52
HeartHaas wrote:
Awesome, best of luck to you. Do they invite over the phone or send out emails? Do you mind if I ask your GMAT score?

mbabug17 wrote:
Hello,
Thanks

Dear Heart, I think your MBA score is fine. You can check the score range from past years to see the scores of selected candidates. GMAT is just a part of the application process. Other things such as your experience, interview, essays, and goals are equally important. In my opinion, they are more important if you are having a 650+ score, unless you are from a very common background.
Intern
Intern
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 11:57
Good luck to you and all R3 applicants going to interview.

someone79 wrote:
HeartHaas wrote:

mbabug17 wrote:
Hello,
Thanks

Dear Heart, I think your MBA score is fine. You can check the score range from past years to see the scores of selected candidates. GMAT is just a part of the application process. Other things such as your experience, interview, essays, and goals are equally important. In my opinion, they are more important if you are having a 650+ score, unless you are from a very common background.

Last edited by OneBattle62 on 09 Apr 2015, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 13:30
thanks someone79

someone79 wrote:
mbabug17 wrote:
Hello,
Thanks

Haas usually has very typical MBA interview and they will want to know whatever you have written in your application. It's a 30 minute interview and happens on campus, usually with a member of the Adcom.

My advice: be relaxed and be prepared to be asked on whatever you have written in your application.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Other (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 15:17
This post received
KUDOS
someone79 wrote:
mbabug17 wrote:
Hello,
Thanks

Also remember - The interviewer typically has not read your profile so they are interviewing you blind so do not go in expecting them to know about you beforehand. be ready to explain: Walk through your resume. Why an MBA? Why Haas? What do you bring to Haas? (all covered on the apps but be ready to tell it again well.)
Intern
Intern
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 10:37
I had the interview 3 days ago. The interviewer told me that she will get back to me regarding my question at the end. However, I have not heard from her. Is that a bad sign?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 10:39
adagtagt wrote:
I had the interview 3 days ago. The interviewer told me that she will get back to me regarding my question at the end. However, I have not heard from her. Is that a bad sign?

No. The same thing happened to me. It was a little over a month later before I got a response. Admissions is just full of busy people.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 10:46
Thanks packet
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 11:02
adagtagt- How did the interview go? any tips you might have?

adagtagt wrote:
Thanks packet
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Putting Part-time MBA Academics to Work [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 14:01
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: Putting Part-time MBA Academics to Work

Being a good teacher is more than a popularity contest, but knowing which professors and courses consistently garner student praise can factor into class selection. Their popularity can relate to teaching style (students cite profs who are "collaborative," "energetic," "entertaining," and content that is"sticky," "inspirational," "dynamic"). For Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA students eager to test new knowledge out on the job, it can also be a matter of how just useful the academics prove to be.

It’s helped me effectively lead others out of their comfort zones.

Case in point: In the Fall 2014 semester, students rated Leading People among the top three core courses. (The others were Microeconomics and Marketing)  For Leslie Dineen, head of nonprofit marketing at Google, Professor Ming Leung boosted her “understanding of leadership, organizational behavior, and building great teams”—all skills she used when interviewing internally for an opportunity to support Google’s employment branding initiative.

The same class gave Arvind Ravishunkar, corporate strategy manager at Fairchild Semiconductor, a new framework for analyzing a company’s management model. “The framework gave me a methodology to think about the problem, “ he says, and, “the real-life implementation showed me the pros and cons of the framework. I was able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the business unit and make recommendations.”

Outside the core, but among the required courses, Applied Innovation is a perennial favorite. Jason Merideth, brand manager, Nestlé USA, calls it “probably the most tangible example of innovative teaching at Haas. It’s also a class that I’ve used a lot on the job. I’ve used the frameworks to run ideation and brainstorming meetings. It’s helped me effectively lead others out of their comfort zones.”

Berkeley-Haas doesn't take a one-size-fits-all approach.

When it comes to electives, in this part-time MBA program, it’s the sheer volume of choices that impresses students and gives them the opportunity to tailor study to meet their goals. "You’re in control. Berkeley-Haas doesn’t take a one-size-fits-all approach,” says Nikole Thomas, retail business consultant, Chevron.

For his part Navy Veteran Brian Lee, associate with Deutsche Bank, notes that elective courses, taught by “some of the most respected industry professionals,” are essential for students who want to reposition their careers.

Distinguished, intellectually curious, approachable, and open-minded are just a few of the ways students describe the Berkeley-Haas faculty. But one of the compliments we appreciate the most is that they “go beyond themselves. They do more than teach, they connect us with their networks, give advice, and encourage us to think big,” as Jack Song, principal of Speak! Communications, says.

We invite you to get to know a bit more about some of the passionate and dedicated professors you’ll encounter in the Berkeley-Haas Evening & Weekend MBA Program.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 14:14
Same thing happened to me - and unlike packet, I NEVER got a response back regarding my question that the interviewer told me in person that she would get back to me on nor any response after I briefly mentioned it in the thank you email that I sent following the interview (and I didn't even receive a response back on the thank you email from her). I still got in so the bottom line is...no need to overreact about these types of smaller details :)

packet82 wrote:
adagtagt wrote:

No. The same thing happened to me. It was a little over a month later before I got a response. Admissions is just full of busy people.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 14:47
I didn't get a chance to ask my interviewer for her card. Should I still try to send her a Thank you email still ?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2015, 11:35
HeartHaas wrote:

adagtagt wrote:
Thanks packet

Well, I would say just know your application well. I think people have already pointed out the type of questions. I really dont know what works but am personally very nervous looking at the profiles of people who were rejected in previous years, it sucks to be asian/asian-american (Chinese/Indian), impressive profiles but dinged nonetheless.

Interesting case in point
http://nypost.com/2015/04/12/mindy-kali ... -be-black/
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2015, 13:03
adagtagt wrote:
HeartHaas wrote:

adagtagt wrote:
Thanks packet

Well, I would say just know your application well. I think people have already pointed out the type of questions. I really dont know what works but am personally very nervous looking at the profiles of people who were rejected in previous years, it sucks to be asian/asian-american (Chinese/Indian), impressive profiles but dinged nonetheless.

Lots of people with impressive profiles get dinged regardless of their race. Haas is a competitive school with a ton of applicants and limited spots.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2015, 13:06
timbuktu1 wrote:
I didn't get a chance to ask my interviewer for her card. Should I still try to send her a Thank you email still ?

I wouldn't worry about it. They don't give out their personal emails anyways. So, a thank you email probably won't even get read by the person that interviewed you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2015, 13:08
adagtagt wrote:
HeartHaas wrote:

adagtagt wrote:
Thanks packet

It has more to do with background, and nothing really about race. If a lot of consultants apply, they aren't going to fill the class with consultants. Unfortunately, that means some otherwise highly qualified people end up getting rejected. That's just the luck of the draw.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2015, 16:15
I am WLed in R2. I think I did not write my employment history in the correct way. I have not created separate employment records for my role changes and promotions and have made separate records for job changes only.Besides I was promoted while my application was under review in HAAS. Should I send an email to the adcom asking them to update the same in the application?
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2015, 20:31
dransa wrote:
I was promoted while my application was under review in HAAS. Should I send an email to the adcom asking them to update the same in the application?

Yes, but I would recommend including all updates in one email if possible.
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 13 Apr 2015, 20:31

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  44    Next  [ 872 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap