GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 11:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
One of the "Best 40 Under 40"—Meet this Evening & Weekend MBA Prof.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2015, 16:01
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: One of the "Best 40 Under 40"—Meet this Evening & Weekend MBA Prof.

Poets & Quants has compiled its 2015 list of "The World's Best 40 Under 40 Business School Professors," with the Berkeley-Haas Evening & Weekend MBA Program's Panos Patatoukas making the cut.

Panos teaches Financial Information Analysis (FIA) & Valuation in that part-time MBA program and told P&Q he feels "especially connected" to his most recent roster of Haas students.

The feeling is mutual. 

"He turns complex theories into easily digestible concepts. He fills the classroom with laughter, yet he is serious in his delivery of key takeaways," student Cecelia Mui told Poets & Quants.

The b-school news site said professors were chosen using student feedback, awards and honors, quantity and reach of research, public speaking, and educational qualifications. "They are all supremely well educated, highly talented researchers, exceptional teachers, and, perhaps most important of all, they inspire students and their students inspire them," the article said.

The Poets & Quants profile of Panos noted his five degrees, pride in his Greek heritage, fondness for hip hop, and cooking skills.

His research focuses on the relationship between aggregate accounting data and the macro economy, financial statement analysis for measuring and forecasting economic activity, financial statement analysis and valuation, and cross-industry economic ties and supply chain management.

Now that you've heard what students have to say about Panos' class, get more perspective on the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program from our student profiles.  

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V35
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 11:15
its been pretty quiet out here.... Does anyone have any updates on the number of people attended the welcome session for admitted EWMBA students last week? Apparently some R3 applicants were invited as well.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.49
WE: Marketing (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 12:38
HeartHaas wrote:
its been pretty quiet out here.... Does anyone have any updates on the number of people attended the welcome session for admitted EWMBA students last week? Apparently some R3 applicants were invited as well.

They invited R3 applicants to the welcome session? I hadn't heard that from anyone. I had my interview a couple weeks ago, the day before the welcome session), and I'm just now waiting for May 29th.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.7
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 12:42
BerkeleyorBust2015 wrote:
HeartHaas wrote:

They invited R3 applicants to the welcome session? I hadn't heard that from anyone. I had my interview a couple weeks ago, the day before the welcome session), and I'm just now waiting for May 29th.

I don't think that is true. Everyone I spoke to was either an R1 or R2 admit. The adcom people mentioned there would be another reception for R3/R4 admits later.

It was hard to determine how many people attended the reception since so many brought their spouses/SOs and there were some current students present as well.

For what it's worth there are currently 138 members in the class of 2018 FB group. A handful of those are adcom members and a few current students on the social committee. I'm sure some admits haven't joined the group yet.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 13:53
orangerie wrote:
HeartHaas wrote:

I don't think that is true. Everyone I spoke to was either an R1 or R2 admit. The adcom people mentioned there would be another reception for R3/R4 admits later.

It was hard to determine how many people attended the reception since so many brought their spouses/SOs and there were some current students present as well.

For what it's worth there are currently 138 members in the class of 2018 FB group. A handful of those are adcom members and a few current students on the social committee. I'm sure some admits haven't joined the group yet.

Just to add, after the interview that is what my interviewer told me as well which is in line with the thought here.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 13:57
That make me feel so much better now... I was worried that I am not going to get in at all since I havent heard a thing from Adcom after my interview.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 14:02
HeartHaas wrote:
That make me feel so much better now... I was worried that I am not going to get in at all since I havent heard a thing from Adcom after my interview.

How was the interview. Was it per your expectation :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 14:02
BTW my math requirement shows up as complete, anyone else see that?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 14:07
adagtagt wrote:

Adtag- interview was kind of short for me, she was almost 5 minutes late to grab me from the meeting room, which didnt make me feel confident or good.
I am definitely worried since I could have answered the questions better, now that I think about it.

BTW she didnt give me a business card, is that a bad sign?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 16:46
adagtagt wrote:

What did you do get that completed, retake GMAT again?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 17:27
HeartHaas wrote:
adagtagt wrote:

Adtag- interview was kind of short for me, she was almost 5 minutes late to grab me from the meeting room, which didnt make me feel confident or good.
I am definitely worried since I could have answered the questions better, now that I think about it.

Short, as in, 15 minutes? 20 minutes after she grabbed you?

Did you ask for the person's business card? I don't think there's any correlation to being given a business card vs. not. Some people like handing out business cards freely, some people don't even think about it. I was given one, but again, it all depends on the person, really, so I'm not looking at that as a sign at all.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 00:14
mbabug17 wrote:
adagtagt wrote:

What did you do get that completed, retake GMAT again?

Nope, done nothing since submitting the application.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.11
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 16:50
Anybody know how long it usually takes for interview invites to be sent out? I submitted my app a couple weeks ago, but the only communication I've gotten so far has been about sending in a hard copy of my transcript.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2015, 11:47
HeartHaas wrote:
adagtagt wrote:

Short, as in, 15 minutes? 20 minutes after she grabbed you?

Did you ask for the person's business card? I don't think there's any correlation to being given a business card vs. not. Some people like handing out business cards freely, some people don't even think about it. I was given one, but again, it all depends on the person, really, so I'm not looking at that as a sign at all.

BerkeleyorBust2015 - I did not ask for a business card. I thought she would offer it if she wants to, and I can give her one too. But she did not offer it.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2015, 11:50
adagtagt wrote:

adagtagt - congratulations!
Is the quant efficiency status change always step after interview? I wonder if that means that your application has moved forward to the next step and you have a better shot at getting in?
in any case it is a great news, good luck to you
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2015, 11:52
pingpong wrote:
Anybody know how long it usually takes for interview invites to be sent out? I submitted my app a couple weeks ago, but the only communication I've gotten so far has been about sending in a hard copy of my transcript.

pingpong - it really depends. Following the forum posts, I have seen people getting interviews as early as a week after they submitted their application, and as late as 5 weeks after they submitted application (myself). I dont know what the order is.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2015, 14:51
HeartHaas wrote:

BerkeleyorBust2015 - I did not ask for a business card. I thought she would offer it if she wants to, and I can give her one too. But she did not offer it.

I'm pretty sure there is no correlation. I heard some people receiving business cards and not getting in, and those who did not get business cards, but got in. So really, there's no telling.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.11
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2015, 20:27
HeartHaas wrote:
pingpong wrote:

pingpong - it really depends. Following the forum posts, I have seen people getting interviews as early as a week after they submitted their application, and as late as 5 weeks after they submitted application (myself). I dont know what the order is.

Looks like I'm smack dab in the middle; received the interview invite tonight after about 2.5 weeks..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Part-Time MBA ROI: Fostering Cleantech through Structured Finance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2015, 08:01
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: Part-Time MBA ROI: Fostering Cleantech through Structured Finance
Matt Heling came to Haas to shift his career within cleantech and gain immediate and measurable ROI in the process.

Mission accomplished. 

On the eve of graduating from the Berkeley-Haas Evening & Weekend MBA Program, he has landed a new position with SunEdison developing and driving the financial products that enable homeowners to "go solar." 

Here's how he did it:

Aim for a Finance-Oriented Career in Cleantech
Heling crafted his career plan around an early interest in clean energy. In six years, at Pacific Gas & Electric, he worked first in power generation technology, then shifted to utility policy and strategy related to “behind the meter” generation, such as rooftop solar, and moved onto the economics of utility-scale generation.

This culminated in his recent move from PG&E to SunEdison, where he is a senior manager in structured finance.

“Part of SunEdison’s business plan requires providing financing in the growing residential solar market,” he explains. “I’m working on the back end to create financial models, facilitate financial partnerships, and attract the investors needed to enable homeowners to shift toward clean energy.”

Structure Coursework, and Leverage Career Management Services
Achieving his career goal depended on structuring his courses. Once core courses were behind him, Heling dedicated the remainder of his part-time MBA studies to electives that deepened his proficiency in technical fields such as economics, finance, and energy. Classes like Energy Infrastructure & Project Finance, Financial Statement Modeling for Finance Careers, and Energy & Environmental Markets gave him the knowledge and credibility he would need to make a career move.

In his third year, Heling polished his leadership skills in classes like Power & Politics and Global Leadership. “I couldn’t have planned the timing of those classes better,” he says. “They are preparing me well to navigate in a new company.”

Outside of the classroom, Lara Klein, of the Career Management Group, offered counsel “in the form of questions that really made me think things through and come to my own conclusions,” Heling says.

Along with two classmates working in the energy sector, he formed an ad hoc support group, to “share our networks and quiz each other to prepare for interviews. Most importantly, we were there to commiserate with and inspire each other.”

Gain Immediate, Measurable MBA ROI
For Heling, other reasons for coming to b-school have come to fruition too. His network is vastly bigger than before, and his new job comes with a salary boost. Best of all, his horizons are broader; “Thanks to my Berkeley MBA, I have so many more options.”

Broader horizons—that's one reason to choose the Berkeley MBA. We invite you to check out 10 more.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2015, 13:15
Hi All,

I am currently on the waitlist for Haas EWMBA. I was wondering that how do we know Haas admissions has started re-evaluating your application? Does the online status changes from "Waitlist" to "File under review"?

Thanks,
Andy
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 06 May 2015, 13:15

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  44    Next  [ 872 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap