It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 03:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2015, 12:43
This post received
KUDOS
andymann wrote:
Hi All,

I am currently on the waitlist for Haas EWMBA. I was wondering that how do we know Haas admissions has started re-evaluating your application? Does the online status changes from "Waitlist" to "File under review"?

Thanks,
Andy

Andy, I am on R2 waitlist as well and didn't see any status change from "Waitlist". I talked to someone who was waitlisted last year and then got in. He never saw status change as well until the decision date. Goodluck!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2015, 20:55
BerkeleyorBust2015 wrote:
HeartHaas wrote:

BerkeleyorBust2015 - I did not ask for a business card. I thought she would offer it if she wants to, and I can give her one too. But she did not offer it.

I'm pretty sure there is no correlation. I heard some people receiving business cards and not getting in, and those who did not get business cards, but got in. So really, there's no telling.

I interviewed this week. I got a business card, with the persons name and actual email address. I heard others getting generic "EWMBA" business cards.
My interview went well. The flow was great. It was very conversational. They asked me multiple questions all in one, which was different.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Al Gore Addresses, Inspires Berkeley MBA Students [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2015, 06:01
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: Al Gore Addresses, Inspires Berkeley MBA Students

Al Gore came to the Berkeley-Haas campus with a message of optimism that the climate change challenge would be met—tempered by an observation that "Democracy has been hacked" and that a breakdown in effective governance could be an obstacle to achieving that aim.

The Nobel Peace Prize winner and former VP of the United States addressed a capacity crowd of Berkeley MBA students and other Haas community members in a fireside chat with Professor Laura Tyson, director of the Haas School's Institute for Business and Social Impact, and Dean Rich Lyons.

During the impassioned conversation, part of the Haas School's Dean’s Speaker Series, Gore highlighted the importance of accounting for every system that supports humanity by recognizing, for example, the value in natural resources and quality of life and not just things you can buy.

He encouraged students to challenge policymakers and bring innovative ideas to companies that support sustainable practices. “Mother Nature,” said Gore, “is telling us that we have to change.” Yet, despite the obstacles, “We are going to solve the climate crisis."

We invite you to access insights from Al Gore, just one of the leaders to address Berkeley MBA audiences. 

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 09:49
Hello! I submitted my application in round 4 and the status still says 'file under review'. Has anyone started receiving calls for the interview?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2015, 17:39
I'm a R2 waitlist. Wrote the gmat again yesterday to improve my score and went from a 680 to 690. I'm ok with the score considering I was swamped at work the past month, but disappointed I couldn't crack that magical 700. Still, my quant went from a 46 to 49, and IR from 5 to 8, so at the least, I didn't hurt my chances. Hoping for a positive outcome on May 29th!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2015, 06:04
d1488 wrote:
Hello! I submitted my application in round 4 and the status still says 'file under review'. Has anyone started receiving calls for the interview?

Hey! I applied Round 4, got an interview invite on 5/5, and went to Berkeley for the interview on 5/12. Best of luck!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2015, 06:57
How does the evaluation work for R3 vs R4 candidates ? Are they evaluated together ? Or do they evaluate R3 first and then consider R4 ?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 09:27
Hi,

I was just wondering how do the admissions people look at the waitlist condidates. Are the applications opened towards the end of round cycle or are the waitlist applications re-opened and compared in conjunction with other current applicants?
Anybody on waitlist got a re-interview invite or any other update on their status?

Thanks,
Andy
Intern
Intern
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 10:05
Hey Andy,

I'm on the R1 waitlist and went to the 2nd interview. Basically they just wanted to clarify some details about my background, jobs, etc, and they put me on the waitlist again in the 2nd round. I think they will gather all people and compare us with the applicants from the 3rd and 4th rounds. Business schools usually need a balance in the class and have to make sure the students are very diversified. If they reach to a certain amount of students from the similar background, they will dump the rest. Sometimes if a person cannot get in, it doesn't mean he/she is not very qualified but may be because some other candidates from the similar background are better for contributing to the class.

So I think it really depends on who you are competing with in the similar pool, and besides there is nothing we can do. But if you have anything you want to update the admissions committee, you can give it a try and let them know where you've improved recently. Best luck!! :)

andymann wrote:
Hi,

I was just wondering how do the admissions people look at the waitlist condidates. Are the applications opened towards the end of round cycle or are the waitlist applications re-opened and compared in conjunction with other current applicants?
Anybody on waitlist got a re-interview invite or any other update on their status?

Thanks,
Andy
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 11:22
Thanks Jueban for the insight. Probably being an engineer is the least diversification one can have :)
Quick question: Was your 2nd interview towards the end of round 2 result deadline ?
Best of luck to you too!

Andy

Jueban wrote:
Hey Andy,

I'm on the R1 waitlist and went to the 2nd interview. Basically they just wanted to clarify some details about my background, jobs, etc, and they put me on the waitlist again in the 2nd round. I think they will gather all people and compare us with the applicants from the 3rd and 4th rounds. Business schools usually need a balance in the class and have to make sure the students are very diversified. If they reach to a certain amount of students from the similar background, they will dump the rest. Sometimes if a person cannot get in, it doesn't mean he/she is not very qualified but may be because some other candidates from the similar background are better for contributing to the class.

So I think it really depends on who you are competing with in the similar pool, and besides there is nothing we can do. But if you have anything you want to update the admissions committee, you can give it a try and let them know where you've improved recently. Best luck!! :)

andymann wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Andy
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2015, 19:08
This post received
KUDOS
Nope. They put me on the waitlist and I accepted the spot the same day. They called me the next day right away.

They don't give 2nd interviews to everyone. I think some information of my background was not very clear so they wanted to know more about me. It doesn't mean anything even if they don't ask you for the 2nd interview. If they don't want you, they can reject you right away but won't put you on the waitlist. So don't worry about it too much. :)

But if you have any info like a promotion or added responsibilities, just email them and let them know. If not, you are all set and wish yourself best luck. Trust me, even if we cannot make it by the end, it doesn't mean all the accepted students are smarter than we are. Going to a business school is just a way for people to get what they want but doesn't guarantee success. So be happy and trust yourself.. hehe..

andymann wrote:
Thanks Jueban for the insight. Probably being an engineer is the least diversification one can have :)
Quick question: Was your 2nd interview towards the end of round 2 result deadline ?
Best of luck to you too!

Andy

Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2015, 06:52
For those of you (like myself), who do not have met the quantitative requirements and who are hoping to get in this year, have you any thoughts on completing the requirement?

What are the best choices?
Anyone who has completed the requirement have any advice?

Thanks

itsme
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 630 Q46 V31
WE: Project Management (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2015, 15:18
Take the Math Waiver Exam. It's pretty easy and it only focuses on linear functions, interest formulas and basic derivatives.

I took it a few weeks ago and passed. All you need is a 60% or higher for passing.

itsmedavidv wrote:
For those of you (like myself), who do not have met the quantitative requirements and who are hoping to get in this year, have you any thoughts on completing the requirement?

Thanks

itsme
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2015, 17:27
I was told we would find out if we were invited to a Round 3 interview by the end of this week -- has anyone heard from them yet? It's Wednesday evening and I'm getting nervous :-(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2015, 17:34
Fulfilling Quantitative Requirement

I don't have a 75% in quants. And I do see on my status page --

Quantitative Proficiency Requirement:
College-level Mathematics: Complete
(if blank, then not yet reviewed.)

Does that mean I clear the quantitative requirement on account of my college curriculum? I have applied for R3 and am awaiting for results by May 29. Would I be knowing the requirement fulfillment only by then?
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2015, 08:38
USCHopeful2015 wrote:
I was told we would find out if we were invited to a Round 3 interview by the end of this week -- has anyone heard from them yet? It's Wednesday evening and I'm getting nervous :-(

I interviewed May 5
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2015, 08:39
SuNaMe wrote:
Fulfilling Quantitative Requirement

I don't have a 75% in quants. And I do see on my status page --

Quantitative Proficiency Requirement:
College-level Mathematics: Complete
(if blank, then not yet reviewed.)

Does that mean I clear the quantitative requirement on account of my college curriculum? I have applied for R3 and am awaiting for results by May 29. Would I be knowing the requirement fulfillment only by then?

You should be good to go.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2015, 08:39
This post received
KUDOS
bjereza wrote:
Take the Math Waiver Exam. It's pretty easy and it only focuses on linear functions, interest formulas and basic derivatives.

I took it a few weeks ago and passed. All you need is a 60% or higher for passing.

itsmedavidv wrote:

Thanks

itsme

I will PM you this evening.... I have more questions and my math is shaky. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.49
WE: Marketing (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2015, 16:45
USCHopeful2015 wrote:

I interviewed April 15th. I hope you hear from them soon!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V35

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2015, 15:51
BerkeleyorBust2015 wrote:
USCHopeful2015 wrote:

I interviewed April 15th. I hope you hear from them soon!

I interviewed April 24th. Good luck to you USCHopeful2015, hope you hear back fomr Adcom soon with an interview invite.
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 22 May 2015, 15:51

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  44    Next  [ 872 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap