It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 12:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2015, 12:36
BerkeleyorBust2015 wrote:
pingpong wrote:
I didn't think I would be, but I'm actually nervous for Thursday.

I thought decisions go out on Friday (29th). Or does AdCom call admits the day before?

Based on previous years' threads, Adcom called those admitted the day before. I think there was one admitted person who got the email the day off. But pretty much, if you don't get a call Thursday, you'll get either a ding or waitlist email Friday.

At least that's agony shortened by a day =(

Less than 48 hours ladies and gentlemen.

Is there anyone else who needs to complete quant requirement?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V35
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2015, 13:05
HeartHaas wrote:
PhysicsGirl wrote:
HeartHaas wrote:
Has any of the R3 and R4 applicants received a call from one of the current student?

I got an email from a current student asking me if I had any questions. This was post interview. I'm an R4 applicant.

I heard almost all admitted applicants were contacted by one of the current student sometime between their interviews and decision date. Is that right?

Does anyone else have information on the relation between having received a call from a current student and admission decision?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 8

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.11
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2015, 16:21
I didn't get a call from a current student, but I received a call from someone from Admissions asking if I had any questions about commuting into the Bay Area. I'm not sure what to make of that (I suppose it can't be a bad thing), so I'm just keeping myself busy with work rather than dwelling on what it all means :).

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 7

GPA: 3.49
WE: Marketing (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2015, 17:27
pingpong wrote:
I didn't get a call from a current student, but I received a call from someone from Admissions asking if I had any questions about commuting into the Bay Area. I'm not sure what to make of that (I suppose it can't be a bad thing), so I'm just keeping myself busy with work rather than dwelling on what it all means :).

Can't be a bad thing at all. Most likely a good sign.

Are you an R3 applicant?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2015, 17:28
pingpong wrote:

Are you an R3 applicant?

R4. I applied mid-May.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2015, 17:47
pingpong wrote:
pingpong wrote:

Are you an R3 applicant?

R4. I applied mid-May.

If I remember, you applied to the FT program as well, correct?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 13

GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 08:04
itsmedavidv wrote:
pingpong wrote:

I thought decisions go out on Friday (29th). Or does AdCom call admits the day before?

Based on previous years' threads, Adcom called those admitted the day before. I think there was one admitted person who got the email the day off. But pretty much, if you don't get a call Thursday, you'll get either a ding or waitlist email Friday.

At least that's agony shortened by a day

Less than 48 hours ladies and gentlemen.

Is there anyone else who needs to complete quant requirement?

Yes, mine is incomplete. So in case, i get admitted i will have to clear that. I received an email to that effect. Not sure how many of you received this. Assuming i am one of the rare ones
who still has to fulfill this :)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 13

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 09:59
Ha, I got a call from a 510-642-xxxx number this morning. With bated breath, I answered. Turned out to be Cal Athletics asking if I wanted to renew my Cal Football season tickets. Doh.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 12

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 10:13
Wow what timing! I would've freaked out.

I also received an email about my college level math as being incomplete. Will have to fulfill that requirement by 7/27.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 12

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.42

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 10:47
I got the email that my math is incomplete too, but don't want to sign up for the "Math for Management" class yet until I know the outcome.

Also, got an email from a current student last night asking if I had any questions about the program. Not sure if that means anything, the email was short and fairly generic so I assume she sent out the same one to several folks. Looking forward to seeing what happens (if anything) tomorrow...

Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 10:51
contessa922 wrote:
I got the email that my math is incomplete too, but don't want to sign up for the "Math for Management" class yet until I know the outcome.

Also, got an email from a current student last night asking if I had any questions about the program. Not sure if that means anything, the email was short and fairly generic so I assume she sent out the same one to several folks. Looking forward to seeing what happens (if anything) tomorrow...

For those of you who are getting emails from students I have a few questions:

1 - Is this your 1st year applying?
2 - Do you live outside the bay area?
3 - Level of 1-5 (1 least, 5 too much) - How engaged have you been with AdCom?

I have a theory but want to collect some data 1st.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 10:56
Anyone else who hasn't been contacted by current students/Adcom (after interview) ?

contessa922 wrote:

Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 11:12
timbuktu1 wrote:
Anyone else who hasn't been contacted by current students/Adcom (after interview) ?

contessa922 wrote:

Can you answer these questions? I didn't get a call or email either.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 11:27
Nope. Nothing from them. I've been waitlisted twice and I'm the R1 applicant, haha.. Waited half a year and already felt a little tired about it. They'd better accept or ding me this time. Don't want to be waitlisted again. Kind of annoying, haha..

I got the email about Quantitative Proficiency Requirement: Complete. No call or email from students or so. Guess that's a bad sign? haha..

timbuktu1 wrote:

contessa922 wrote:

Intern
Intern

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 11:30
1 - Is this your 1st year applying? - Yes. It's the only school I applied for and I won't do it again next year. Too old for that. ;)
2 - Do you live outside the bay area? - Nope. I live in the bay.
3 - Level of 1-5 (1 least, 5 too much) - How engaged have you been with AdCom? - 3. One of my coworker just graduated from the program and she gave me a lot of info. Interviewed twice but nothing from them. Pretty much asked a lot of questions during the interview. The AdCom people are really nice and they always respond to your questions in the first second.

itsmedavidv wrote:
contessa922 wrote:

Last edited by Jueban on 27 May 2015, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

Manager
Manager

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 11:35
pingpong wrote:
Ha, I got a call from a 510-642-xxxx number this morning. With bated breath, I answered. Turned out to be Cal Athletics asking if I wanted to renew my Cal Football season tickets. Doh.

Lol...

I had something similar happen to me. I signed up for more information about Berkeley's masters in Data Science program, and they've been calling me for about 2 months now. I got a call from a 510 number a couple days ago, and when I googled it, it was the DS program. Nonetheless, I told them that I was no longer interested, because I know I will be waiting by my phone for that 510 number to pop up on my cellphone screen tomorrow. And if it ended up to be the DS program, that would be just cruel.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDGGGGEEE! I'm so nervous. Good luck, everyone, tomorrow!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 11:54
itsmedavidv wrote:
contessa922 wrote:

I know 4 current students who are my good friends as well and none of them ever got an email from any current student last year and they got admitted. 2 of them applied in R1 and were accepted. One applied in R2 and was accepted. One was waitlisted in both R1 and R2 and got accepted in May last year.
I think all these variables seem so random that I stopped worrying about them and would just hope for the best and prepare for worst. :) Goodluck everyone.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 11

GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 11:57
binaryuser01 wrote:
I know 4 current students who are my good friends as well and none of them ever got an email from any current student last year and they got admitted. 2 of them applied in R1 and were accepted. One applied in R2 and was accepted. One was waitlisted in both R1 and R2 and got accepted in May last year.
I think all these variables seem so random that I stopped worrying about them and would just hope for the best and prepare for worst. :) Goodluck everyone.

I agree. I also know couple of friends who were accepted without getting any emails from current students. Also, few folks here have gotten in without getting emails as well.

binaryuser01: Just curious, but which year did you take your gmat? Happened to notice that I have the same Q and V scores as you, but I'm 20 points less :o

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 11

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 12:02
binaryuser01 wrote:
itsmedavidv wrote:
contessa922 wrote:

I wonder if anyone who did get contacted didn't get in. Based on last year's thread there were plenty of folks who didn't get a call or email and get in too, but I didn't see anything about people who got dinged after getting contacted.

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V35

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 12:14
@itsmedavidv- I think you are up to something here. Here are my answers to your questions:

1 - Is this your 1st year applying? Y
2 - Do you live outside the bay area? N
3 - Level of 1-5 (1 least, 5 too much) - How engaged have you been with AdCom? I'd say 5, since i attended a lot of the information sessions before applying, also did a class visit etc. But havent heard anything from them after my interview. My quant status says complete online but I didnt get an email.

Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 27 May 2015, 12:14

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  44    Next  [ 872 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap