Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 3.4 Ivy
WE 1: 3 years for major bank
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Professional Engineers (Ontario)
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Green-tech
 Q50  V38
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: Nuclear Consultant - 3+ years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink]
Hello,

I've been a lurker, but wanted to throw in my 2 cents... I'm still waiting for my invite too. From what I've been reading on the forum, it seems like there was a big wave of invites sent out early in the process and since then, it's been quiet. So my theory is that their top/definite candidates got their invites early in the process. And they're probably going to wait 'til the 3rd to send out the last few invites along with rejection and wait list emails. I don't know the numbers or have any evidence on that, but I can't imagine all the invites being sent out already and there being nothing but WL and rejections coming on Wednesday. Or maybe I'm just being hopeful...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
tongatruck wrote:
Hello,

I've been a lurker, but wanted to throw in my 2 cents... I'm still waiting for my invite too. From what I've been reading on the forum, it seems like there was a big wave of invites sent out early in the process and since then, it's been quiet. So my theory is that their top/definite candidates got their invites early in the process. And they're probably going to wait 'til the 3rd to send out the last few invites along with rejection and wait list emails. I don't know the numbers or have any evidence on that, but I can't imagine all the invites being sent out already and there being nothing but WL and rejections coming on Wednesday. Or maybe I'm just being hopeful...

Sounds logical. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So we are confirmed that NO ONE has received an invite after Friday, October 22nd?

Have you?

Do you know of anyone who has?

If this is the case, then it is almost a surety that SOME invites will go out on/before the 3rd. But I have reason to believe the number is quite low.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 3.4 Ivy
WE 1: 3 years for major bank
Send PM
Rap2010 wrote:
So we are confirmed that NO ONE has received an invite after Friday, October 22nd?

Have you?

Do you know of anyone who has?

If this is the case, then it is almost a surety that SOME invites will go out on/before the 3rd. But I have reason to believe the number is quite low.

Given that the size of GMATClub is only a small fraction of total applicants, we can't confirm any negatives in the application process (i.e. we can confirm there were invites on Oct. 15th but we can't prove there weren't any on friday). That said, I think it likely there will be some invitations given out... but not many. The odds, at this point, are decidedly not in our favor at this point, and I would take a waitlist into the next round at this point.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
I'm pretty pessimistic at this point either way. The way I see it, if we haven't received an invite this far, even if we receive one it puts us conservatively in the 10-15th percentile or lower of invited applicants. If 60% of invited applicants are accepted, we'll have to jump to the 40th percentile. Its quite the task. A waitlist may as well be a ding -- I'd be surprised if anyone placed on the waitlist before getting an invite was let in. How could an applicant jump from suddenly not even worthy of an interview to being accepted?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Moss wrote:
How could an applicant jump from suddenly not even worthy of an interview to being accepted?

If Round 2 apps come in lighter (and weaker) than expected.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
FWIW one of my recommenders, who is also an HBS alum, was told by the admissions office today that invites have been sent out in random order and that the timing of an invite has absolutely no relation to how they perceive you as an applicant.

Unless they're lying (why would they?) getting an invite on Wednesday is as good as getting one on the first day.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools:Wharton - Class of 2013
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4 princeton
WE 1: 2y bb ib
WE 2: 2y Mid market PE
Send PM
istan wrote:
FWIW one of my recommenders, who is also an HBS alum, was told by the admissions office today that invites have been sent out in random order and that the timing of an invite has absolutely no relation to how they perceive you as an applicant.

Unless they're lying (why would they?) getting an invite on Wednesday is as good as getting one on the first day.

This is what they (and all schools) have said all along. Either you believe it or you believe one of the myriad of theories on the previous 33 pages....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
istan wrote:

Thats good to hear. Did they mention anything about if there are more invites to go out?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jterm2011 wrote:
istan wrote:

Thats good to hear. Did they mention anything about if there are more invites to go out?

He was left with the impression that yes, there are.
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
no more invites for monday ..... time to head home in boston ....2 more days to go ... getting ready to embrrace rejection!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone receive anything today??? I second fugaz778, preparing yourself for the ding email on Wednesday sounds like the best option! :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
vamsim wrote:
I second fugaz778, preparing yourself for the ding email on Wednesday sounds like the best option! :(

Thousands of people get rejected from HBS each year. There's no shame in it. While I'm disappointed that I wasn't extended an invite, I have no doubt that I, and all the other talented and intelligent people on this forum, will find success and happiness elsewhere. Best of luck in future endeavors everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I have no clue how many (certainly not zero) invitations are going out on the 3rd, but I don't think you can really infer how good of a candidate you are from when you got your invite.

The issue is that they have thousands of applicants to look through. I work at a VC firm and we process LOTS of business plans. Ultimately, we're struggling to get through all of them, and aren't thinking as much about the messaging inherent to when a meeting invitation is sent out.

There's two forces at work here: when they see your application, and when they feel strongly about interviewing you. Therefore, you might be seeing a late invite because a) they saw you early but weren't sure, so you're on the fence, or b) they just saw you and still think you made the cut after 75% or more of the invites have gone out, so you're a rock star. It's impossible to know, so it's best to stay positive.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking.
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
i'm so glad hbs will end my agony on the 3rd instead of doing so later in the month
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS, Wharton, Yale SOM, MIT Sloan
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: 3.656
Send PM
Do any reapplicants know if they will update the status (ding, interview, waitlist) at a certain time tomorrow? Or all at once? or will it trickle throughout the day?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:HBS (R1 Accepted)
Send PM
Per the Dee (HBS Director of Admissions):

# November 3 - all candidates not invited to interview will receive either a decision indicating that "we are unable to offer you a place in the Class of 2013" or an invitation to join our waitlist
# November 1 - 21 - interview weeks, both on and off campus
# December 14 - decision notification (admit, deny, or waitlist) for all interviewed candidates
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34  ...  147   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts