Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:26 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink]
Tomorrow sounds right. I'm not holding my breath at this point, but its unfortunate that this is the first one to send out such invites. Scares you a little bit for the process overall going forward...sigh...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools:Wharton - Class of 2013
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4 princeton
WE 1: 2y bb ib
WE 2: 2y Mid market PE
Send PM
I think this forum might be stress inducing instead of relieving, by the way. Another guy at my office, who doesn't track anything here and also doesn't have an interview invite yet, is much less stressed about HBS. When I told him that the prevailing view is most interview slots are taken, he just said he doubts it and that I'm giving up prematurely. Wish he was right but it's more likely the statement "ignorance is bliss" applies.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Jmw125 wrote:
I think this forum might be stress inducing instead of relieving, by the way. Another guy at my office, who doesn't track anything here and also doesn't have an interview invite yet, is much less stressed about HBS. When I told him that the prevailing view is most interview slots are taken, he just said he doubts it and that I'm giving up prematurely. Wish he was right but it's more likely the statement "ignorance is bliss" applies.

The HBS submission confirmation email itself says the invite period is between Oct. 15th and Nov. 3rd, so common sense (and not information gleaned from this forum) would dictate that chances aren't good at this point. While it has been somewhat stressful to read through every update on interview invites and slots open, I've found it comforting to speak to others going through the process. That being said, I may not check forums quite as religiously for other schools :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Ross 2013
GPA: 3.1
WE 1: 4 yrs Management Consulting
Send PM
I still have hope for tomorrow :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS '15 (S)
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
all the best ppl... do we have any feedback from the ongoing interviews.. where is everyone?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
This post is so quiet ...my guess is everyone is preparing for interviews and those who have not got an invite have moved on with their lives...left here are the few over optimists still waiting for a wave to come tomorrow .....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm with you!.. We'll get an invite!
If not.. I'll compensate with a pint of ben and jerry's.. :-)

chinki wrote:
This post is so quiet ...my guess is everyone is preparing for interviews and those who have not got an invite have moved on with their lives...left here are the few over optimists still waiting for a wave to come tomorrow .....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good call on the Ben & Jerry's :) I've got my pint of Karamel Sutra (or maybe I'll go with Brownie Cheesecake?) ready to go for Friday night :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good call on the Ben & Jerry's :) I've got my pint of Karamel Sutra (or maybe I'll go with Brownie Cheesecake?) ready to go for Friday night :)
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Extensive undergrad and post-undergrad leadership experience
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Kellogg 1Y (matriculating)
GPA: 3.1 at state school
WE 1: Strategy Consulting, 4 years
WE 2: Military, 2 years
WE 3: Founder of Professional Services Firm, 3 years
Send PM
Kudos
It doesn't look like ANY new interview invites have been reported on the thread since last Friday (unless I missed someone's post on getting an invite this week) so best of luck to my fellow Round 1 applicants tomorrow morning!

To my fellow optimists, I wouldn't break out the Ben and Jerry's just yet - I think we could technically keep waiting this out until Nov 2 as Dee's Oct. 14 blog post said "Please note: We will continue to send out invitations until November 3. Really." So I would interpret that to mean interview invites could continue to trickle out until then. I'm assuming they would only send a handful of invites out after tomorrow morning and before the 3rd but as long as one of those invites is going to your e-mail address, who cares!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS(R1) ding, Wharton(R1) invite, INSEAD(R1)invite, LBS(R1)invite
Send PM
LionO wrote:
It doesn't look like ANY new interview invites have been reported on the thread since last Friday (unless I missed someone's post on getting an invite this week) so best of luck to my fellow Round 1 applicants tomorrow morning!

To my fellow optimists, I wouldn't break out the Ben and Jerry's just yet - I think we could technically keep waiting this out until Nov 2 as Dee's Oct. 14 blog post said "Please note: We will continue to send out invitations until November 3. Really." So I would interpret that to mean interview invites could continue to trickle out until then. I'm assuming they would only send a handful of invites out after tomorrow morning and before the 3rd but as long as one of those invites is going to your e-mail address, who cares!

Absolutely! All you need is one invite.. The last one may be yours :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I'm in the same boat - waiting for an invite. However, just wanted to see if I'm going crazy or what. I noticed in my application page on the top left corner there's a link to HBS message center. Now, I haven't seen or noticed it before, so I started reading into it, being like maybe this means something. Can someone tell me if you have the same thing, and if it's always been there? thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:HBS, Wharton, UCLA (with $$!)
Send PM
mbaapp2 wrote:
I'm in the same boat - waiting for an invite. However, just wanted to see if I'm going crazy or what. I noticed in my application page on the top left corner there's a link to HBS message center. Now, I haven't seen or noticed it before, so I started reading into it, being like maybe this means something. Can someone tell me if you have the same thing, and if it's always been there? thanks!

It's always been there. But when you click the link, it should say there are no messages?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Emarc182 wrote:
Is there anyone else in the same boat as I am? I applied to HBS on a bit of whim, neither entirely sure they would accept me, nor entirely sure it was the right place for me, but now that I haven't gotten an invite, I couldn't want it more? Haha...its amazing how the psychology of wanting what you can't have takes hold.

Haha, I hate that!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Anyone got an invite today?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
anyone got any invites today? I guess its time to move on now :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Schools:HBS (ding), Stanford (ding), Haas (interview), UC Davis (Admitted)
 Q47  V48
GPA: 3.92 state school
WE 1: 6 yrs Morgan Stanley (Instl. Consulting / Asset Mgmt)
Sorry folks. If we don't get invites today, I think there is a 99.9% chance we're not getting one.

It's been a pleasure blogging with you.

Off to the Stanford thread.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32  ...  147   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts