Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Schools:IESE '13
 Q50  V42
GPA: 3.07
WE 1: Engineer
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:IESE Sept 2011 (admit), INSEAD Jan 2012
GPA: not good
Send PM
Re: Calling All IESE 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
Span wrote:
Also, to those of you who were accepted without attending an AD (hopefully you're still watching this thread) - Were you accepted immediately following your interview, or were you invited to the AD and said that you were unable to attend?

In my case, I was given the option to do the AD or a VC interview. The email stated that the AD was NOT mandatory. I chose the VC option and received the final admissions decision one week after the VC interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was invited to both at the same time (in-person interview and AD).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have been invited for interview and assessment day both. 6th feb in new delhi
Applied in round 3. received interview invite just 4 days after submitting the app.

Indian Male IT
7 yrs exp
GMAT 680
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V37
WE 1: 6 years corporate strategy & development at Fortune 50
Send PM
Hi all,

Anyone on this thread attending the case study event on Sat, Jan 29 and / or assessment day on Sun, Jan 30 in NYC?

See you there

Dave
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[/quote] Also, to those of you who were accepted without attending an AD (hopefully you're still watching this thread) - Were you accepted immediately following your interview, or were you invited to the AD and said that you were unable to attend?[/quote]

On their website, they list all the upcoming AD dates, so if you submit your application prior to one of the listed AD dates and are invited for the interview, then you would be invited to join the AD as well. And since not everyone can participate in AD, they offer VC interview as an alternative.
I got the interview invitation along with AD invitation but didn't join AD due to i am in Asia and did the interview through VC. I got the admit letter yesterday which is about a week after my interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Schools:IESE '13
 Q50  V42
GPA: 3.07
WE 1: Engineer
Send PM
abcaimei wrote:
On their website, they list all the upcoming AD dates, so if you submit your application prior to one of the listed AD dates and are invited for the interview, then you would be invited to join the AD as well. And since not everyone can participate in AD, they offer VC interview as an alternative.
I got the interview invitation along with AD invitation but didn't join AD due to i am in Asia and did the interview through VC. I got the admit letter yesterday which is about a week after my interview.

Thanks - I'm actually attending the assessment day in NYC next weekend. I was just curious to find out whether the AD is required for acceptance (for those who can/elect to participate) or if the school accepted some candidates based purely on their application and interview without asking for AD attendance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
can someone give more insight into the AD. What are we supposed to do on that day?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Consulting
Schools:Cornell,USC,Ross,Darden,Kelley,IESE
 Q50  V37
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 3 yrs
Send PM
I am also an R3 applicant from India. I received an invitation for interview and AD on Feb 6 in Delhi. Though the mail says that interview may actually be scheduled later through video conf. Applicants from earlier rounds will be interviewed during the AD in Delhi.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Ross 2013
GPA: 3.1
WE 1: 4 yrs Management Consulting
Send PM
See you guys at AD!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: IT
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: ok
Send PM
Details needed for Assessment day!
Hi I am a new member. My details are M/Indian/26/700/5.5 yrs IT Exp
I had applied for 2nd round and had an interview by VC in mid Jan. My interviewer called me and informed me that had to attend the assessment day.
There is very limited information about assessment day available :(
Does anyone have any idea what happens in an assessment day. I have read that we are asked to make presentations. Is this true? If yes then what topic?
Any information that you provide will be much appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Anybody attending AD on feb 19th? got invite to either VC or AD, took the AD to get it over with.

Also, I guess the dress code is business formal, right? (suit+tie)

I read somewhere that a guy was asked what the Capital of Madagascar was. I've read the interview debriefs on the internet and didnt saw anything that closely resembles a general culture question. Any insights?

Thanks in advance,

Venezuelan/25/m/720/5.5/3.5 years consulting
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All

I also submitted my app on 17th Jan (R3 deadline)

Got a simultaneous AD and Personal Intevrview invite mid last week.
Unable to attend AD as its in New Delhi and I am unable to fly down from Singapore

My interview is on 11th

Am wondering the same, what are the consequences of Not attending the AD. Really worried abt that

Also, those who have had interviews, some of you might have posted debriefs? :-D

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Concentration: IT
GMAT 2: 700
GPA: ok
Send PM
@ Chocoswiss,
I was in the same boat as you are. I gave the interview by VC. I have now been asked to attend the AD. I am not sure what their criteria is to call candidates for AD.
As for interview, it was nice. I was interviewed by an alumni who was working in the adcom. There were very few questions related to work etc. Most of them were related to what i did in school, why did i come here (my current work location) most memorable moment of school life, why IESE etc etc.
A few things that you should keep in mind is, get a good quality VC service. Make sure that you have a onsite technician available. In my case, there was a problem as a result of which, they could not make call. Eventually, I ended up calling them :( but since there was a technician available, all this issue was resolved within 10 - 15 mins.
Many facilities (atleast here) did not have a technician available.
Also do read your essays and resume before hand. The last thing that you want is to contradict yourself (my interviewer was had my resume with her and had done a very thorough analysis of my essays and resume and was well informed).

HTH and Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General
Schools:IESE, ESADE, HEC, NYU, USC
 Q42  V42
Send PM
Hi all! New to this forum.
I just received a Process Interview & Assessment Day invite from IESE today. I'm wondering if I should try to ask them for a VC interview option since it might get tricky to plan a trip to BCN with just a little over a week lead time.

However, if I do make it, has anyone got tips on both?

My profile:
25 yrs old/Thai/Female/US-educated/GMAT 690 (v 42, q 42)/2.5 years experience/Marketing & Advertising

Thanks and good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
 Q42  V42
Send PM
Anybody going to Open Day on the 18th and Assessment Day on the 19th?
If so, see you there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
bkkmba wrote:
Anybody going to Open Day on the 18th and Assessment Day on the 19th?
If so, see you there!

Hi there fellow applicant! I will be attending th eevent on Feb 18th & 19th, so I guess I'll see you there!

Im from Venezuela, have joined the Facebook group? It has discussions and stuff. You should have gotten the link to join with the email that had the invite for the interview.

What have you heard about AD?
Intern
Intern
 Q42  V42
Send PM
I just joined the facebook group. The link hadn't been working for me earlier, which was very strange. I've probably heard as much as you have, so I'm counting on the people in the group to be able to enlighten us a bit. Look forward to meeting you next week!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts