GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2019, 06:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
European Schools Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2019, 08:49
Mahanshu wrote:
Guys,

I have been invited for the assessment day after applying in R2. I would like to know is it ok if I chose singapore as my location because it will be easier to travel from where I am situated.

Congrats Mahanshu!

When were you notified? By email I assume?

I applied in R2 as well, and am anxiously awaiting a response.

Good Luck.

JMM
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2019, 11:10
Hi All,
I have been invited for assessment day in New York on 21st May. Given IMD’s essay and interview process has changed since last year, can any body help to give me some pointers about the interview , case study and group work. I am curious about the interview more as to what type of interview it is , casual or deep Dive. Any help will be appreciated.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IMD '21 (S)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2019, 04:07
Hi, guys can you update who got the next invite for R2. Also from R2 selected candidates for assessment day can any one tell me about the assessment day dates.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2019, 04:08
Mahanshu can u pls ping me +91-9818885200 , need to discuss

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2019, 05:37
Anyone else got any communication from IMD ? Select or Reject ? Any idea will it take longer then 2 weeks also to hear from them ?

Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD '21 (II)

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2019, 02:22
Hello, I have just heard back from IMD, I been invited to the Assessment day with a few dates to choose from in Lausanne and Singapore in May-June; I picked May 29th in Lausanne.
Anyone going to be there? would be great to connect!
European Schools Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2019, 08:18
Efan12 wrote:
Hello, I have just heard back from IMD, I been invited to the Assessment day with a few dates to choose from in Lausanne and Singapore in May-June; I picked May 29th in Lausanne.
Anyone going to be there? would be great to connect!

Congrats Efan12!

I will not be meeting you there, but wish you the best of luck.

JMM
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2019, 09:30
Anyone attending Assessment day in Singapore on June 6th?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2019, 10:04
Hello guys, we now have an inbuilt chat room for IMD forum. Feel free to use this chat to touch base and share info/updates with fellow applicants.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat40028.php

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2019, 23:08
Good luck rajiskrish! Look forward to the assessment day experiences of interviewing candidates.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2019, 15:53
Hi LekkerBru, how was it? Can you provide a debrief? I imagine you have heard back already, they are pretty quick.
LekkerBru wrote:
Hi All,
I have been invited for assessment day in New York on 21st May. Given IMD’s essay and interview process has changed since last year, can any body help to give me some pointers about the interview , case study and group work. I am curious about the interview more as to what type of interview it is , casual or deep Dive. Any help will be appreciated.

Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2019, 20:48
I attended the assessment day on 21st in NYC . It was an Amazing experience. There are basically three sections. Interview, an impromptu question with a 2 minute speech and a group presentation on a case study. There was a surprise excercise also which I will not reveal. But the bottom line is assessment day is very informal and like another day at work. Carry your best through out the day because you are being observed full day. No need to prepare hefty case studies. Its pretty straight forward. They look for your team work. Just be natural and show who you really are. For the surprise excercise, all I can say is that it is fun. Make sure you and your team have a strategy. You will get to learn a lot also on the assessment day. The best part of the assessment day was the generic discussion after the excercise where others would give feedback or you get a chance to reflect. IMD is all about self-reflection and that’s what they promote and encourage you during the assessment
Day.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.64
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2019, 02:24
Hello,
anyone attending the Lausanne assessment day on June 14?
Thanks
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2019, 16:23
steteto wrote:
Hello,
anyone attending the Lausanne assessment day on June 14?
Thanks

Did you attend it? How was your experience of the campus visit?

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2019, 16:35
I found this essay very interesting. Which programs people are listing here?

MBAPrepCoach, Any expert advice on how to handle this essay? If we mention highly ranked programs such as INSEAD, will it send a signal to adcom that I am treating IMD as a safety school and unlikely to attend if I get admits from my top choices?

helas92 wrote:

Essays Questions

• Describe a situation in which you failed as a leader. What did you learn from it? (Word limit 300)
  • Is there any additional information that is critical for the Admissions Committee which has not been covered elsewhere in this application? (i.e. re-application, health, grades, etc.) (Word limit 50)
  • How do you intend to finance your MBA at IMD? How much of your total budget estimate will you be able to provide without loans or scholarships? (Word limit 50​)
  • What other programs are you considering? Of the programs you are considering, what can IMD bring to you as a differentiator? (Word limit 100)

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IMD '17 (M)
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2019, 21:20
IMD MBA 2018 career stat is out

Attachments

mba-career-stats-2018.pdf [398.91 KiB]
Downloaded 65 times

To download please login or register as a user

HEC & IMD School Moderator
S
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: HEC, IMD '21, Erasmus
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2019, 11:30
Is there anyone applying in R3 (deadline - August 1)?

"Always keep in mind that nobody can predict your chances of admit unless you apply"
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IMD '21

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2019, 06:13
sjas31 wrote:

Hi sjas31,

I am. Wanna do something together?
HEC & IMD School Moderator
S
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: HEC, IMD '21, Erasmus
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2019, 01:01
Hi,
I wish but next year will be better for me. Are you done with your GMAT?
All the best as deadline is coming closer.

Diwabag wrote:
sjas31 wrote:

Hi sjas31,

I am. Wanna do something together?

"Always keep in mind that nobody can predict your chances of admit unless you apply"
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2019, 23:52
Hi Narenn, so sorry for the late response here, just missed this and going through my notification inbox.

In this question, you want to pick adjacent programs to some degree: similar ranking and like IMD, leadership development oriented. So maybe another school that has a well-developed personal deep dive course(s.) Or has an industry focus more so than consulting or finance.

This speaks to the core of what differentiates IMD. I do think it might be a mistake to put down INSEAD here because if you have the right stats, they know they will probably not "win" you if they choose you. Also, INSEAD is really quite a different program from IMD and so this will undermine the sincerity of your application.

They want to know: if I invite you to my party will you come, or will you make an excuse last minute and I will have to scramble to invite more guests? IMD wants to pick the "best" applicants but also the applicant that think IMD is the best as well; their first choice.

I recommend everyone do a fair bit of research on IMD to get clear on what IMDs value proposition is specifically for them and their career; probably should be some aspect of personal development, introspection, and leadership. And how industry focus. How they would benefit from a simulation-type learning environment.

A good place to start would be the interview with the Dean by Touch MBA. http://touchmba.com/tag/imd/

Narenn wrote:
I found this essay very interesting. Which programs people are listing here?

MBAPrepCoach, Any expert advice on how to handle this essay? If we mention highly ranked programs such as INSEAD, will it send a signal to adcom that I am treating IMD as a safety school and unlikely to attend if I get admits from my top choices?

helas92 wrote:

Essays Questions

• Describe a situation in which you failed as a leader. What did you learn from it? (Word limit 300)
  • Is there any additional information that is critical for the Admissions Committee which has not been covered elsewhere in this application? (i.e. re-application, health, grades, etc.) (Word limit 50)
  • How do you intend to finance your MBA at IMD? How much of your total budget estimate will you be able to provide without loans or scholarships? (Word limit 50​)
  • What other programs are you considering? Of the programs you are considering, what can IMD bring to you as a differentiator? (Word limit 100)

Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020   [#permalink] 01 Jul 2019, 23:52

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 119 posts ] 

Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sjas31