GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Aug 2019, 03:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2019, 00:22
Thank you so much for posting this vibis
vibis wrote:
IMD MBA 2018 career stat is out

V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 23:36
vibis wrote:
IMD MBA 2018 career stat is out

Thanks Vibis! Luckily, I happen to have their last year's career stats and got a chance to compare them with the current stats.

• Average Salary: $135,635 ($23K or 20% increase from last year :shocked )
  • 74% placements in Europe. Last year 77% students got placements in Europe. This year placements in Africa/Middle East have increased to 5%.
  • Top industry sectors: Manufacturing (24%), Consulting (23%), CPG (16%), Tech/Media (12%).
  • 95% of the class changed function, industry or geography

I was also looking for placement stats of international students (Non-European students) to see where these students are getting placed, their salary distribution, and industries, but I am afraid IMD does not publish this information.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2019, 21:53
Any waitlisted Candidates for IMD in this forum? if there is another thread please let me know.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2019, 22:21
LekkerBru wrote:
Any waitlisted Candidates for IMD in this forum? if there is another thread please let me know.

As per decision tracker records, I see just one other waitlisted applicant, but I am sure there will be few more who haven't updated their statuses yet. Would you like to start a separate thread for waitlisted applicants? If so, feel free to do so and just paste the following code in the first post of the thread to display usernames of waitlisted applicants.

Code:
[app_tracker status="waitlisted" id="28" year="2020" program_id="55" width="500" height="300"][/app_tracker]

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2019, 21:21
hi everyone,

I have just applied to IMD , can you please add me to the whatsapp group mentioned ?

Profile : GMAT 740, 9 years experience in corporate finance and inhouse M&A. Working with Accenture, Mumbai.

Regards,
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GRE 1: Q170 V160
GPA: 2.25
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2019, 23:10
Is there a WhatsApp Group ? Can I get the link too? I have also applied.

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2019, 23:12
Congrats to everyone who applied to the August 1 deadline and crossing fingers for you to become part of the Magic 90
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 09:18
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi, so sorry for the late response here, just missed this and going through my notification inbox.

In this question, you want to pick adjacent programs to some degree: similar ranking and like IMD, leadership development oriented. So maybe another school that has a well-developed personal deep dive course(s.) Or has an industry focus more so than consulting or finance.

This speaks to the core of what differentiates IMD. I do think it might be a mistake to put down INSEAD here because if you have the right stats, they know they will probably not "win" you if they choose you. Also, INSEAD is really quite a different program from IMD and so this will undermine the sincerity of your application.

They want to know: if I invite you to my party will you come, or will you make an excuse last minute and I will have to scramble to invite more guests? IMD wants to pick the "best" applicants but also the applicant that think IMD is the best as well; their first choice.

I recommend everyone do a fair bit of research on IMD to get clear on what IMDs value proposition is specifically for them and their career; probably should be some aspect of personal development, introspection, and leadership. And how industry focus. How they would benefit from a simulation-type learning environment.

A good place to start would be the interview with the Dean by Touch MBA.

farrell, very interesting advice.. Actually I was one (or one of ) very applicant who has put INSEAD in this essay question.
Although, it turned out not to 'affect' my candidacy as I was accepted, I completed share your main point of view - the key is to understand the uniqueness/differentiator of IMD.
And I strongly believe that, visit the campus + talk to alum is a super effective way to quick gauge the 'fit' of IMD in particular, much more than other schools such as INSEAD or some M7 ones. (I guess that's a form of 'diversity' or not enough of cohesion towards the school's "culture")
Personally I really liked the personalisation aspect, the slightly mature ( or older) student body and their flagship leadership program, and believed I've showed my honesty through this essay as well as the AC. (Yes I got quite direct and harsh follow-up questions on this INSEAD vs IMD choice during AC too)

Hope that might help others,
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2019, 09:07
Just received an email with an invite to an Assessment Day for Round 3.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2019, 09:12
Congrats, when did you get your application acceptance email ? I got it day before yesterday. So would want to understand how much time does it take after that.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2019, 09:26
helas92 wrote:
Congrats, when did you get your application acceptance email ? I got it day before yesterday. So would want to understand how much time does it take after that.

Nice, congrats!

What do you mean by application acceptance email?
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD '21 (II)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2019, 06:26
Got an invitation to assessment day yesterday. Will be going to Singapore. Anyone else is coming?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2019, 06:44
I am still waiting for the outcome, but I do plan on going to Singapore (if it goes through). What is the date for the assessment in Singapore

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IMD '21 (II)

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 02:06
I just received my invitation for 20th of September in Lausanne. Really looking forward meeting you all!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 07:39
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 07:42
Hi Everyone,

I went through previous years topics and found some assessment day experiences which I have added in the following link. I hope they will be helpful in your preparation. Please also submit your experience using the same following link once you are done with your assessment day.

Good luck to you all.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/imd-215/inte ... brief.html
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020   [#permalink] 15 Aug 2019, 07:42

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   [ 116 posts ] 

Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sjas31