GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2019, 13:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Schools: Kellogg '18
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 06:09
Hi,

I gave my Gmat today(690 - Q49, V35) - My mocks averaged 720.

Profile :
1. Indian, MBA(top 5 bschool in India) + Engineer
2. Work ex - 5 years post MBA, 7 years in Total
3. Currently a senior Manager in a healthcare/LS company (also the largest recruiter in IMD) - Good leadership experience
4. 31 years old

Should I apply in R2(May 1) or improve my score to 720/730 and then apply in R3? Please suggest.
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
S
Status: Preparing for GMAT
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 68
Location: Italy
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: HEC, IMD '21, Erasmus
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 06:26
1
Hi,
690 score is little above average for IMD (not a problem). You should definitely apply for R2 if you are ready with the application, otherwise apply in R3 (August 1). Take your time in best explaining the need for second MBA (considering MBA from top college in India). I have visited IMD for an open day and I got highly positive reviews. I hope to apply in R3. All the very best for your application.

Regards

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
JaSs

"Always keep in mind that nobody can predict your chances of admit unless you apply"
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jun 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2019, 17:43
Hello, do you know if I have to send the official score report of toefl and gmat to school through webpages of ETS and MBA? or for application it's enough to attach the official score reports in the documents
Thank you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 May 2014
Posts: 18
Location: India
Schools: NTU '20 (A)
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 30 Apr 2019, 07:14
Any wassaap group for the applicants?

Originally posted by sammit on 29 Apr 2019, 01:56.
Last edited by sammit on 30 Apr 2019, 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Oct 2018
Posts: 19
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Healthcare, Leadership
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.74
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2019, 13:35
sammit wrote:
Any wassaap group for the admits?

Posted from my mobile device


Hey Sammit,

PM me your phone number, and I'll add you to a group that we started. There's only a few of us so far, all guys I met on my assessment day thatw ere admitted. But I've sent the info to the adcom team and think it may turn into the official whatsapp group for admits.

Tyler
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7004
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2019, 22:12
JOSECANO wrote:
Hello, do you know if I have to send the official score report of toefl and gmat to school through webpages of ETS and MBA? or for application it's enough to attach the official score reports in the documents
Thank you!


Curious what did you do? Sent official report through GMAC or in application documents?
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7004
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2019, 22:13
Good luck to all who applied in May round. Keep us posted as your progress through the next phases.
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2328
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2019, 23:43
Hi IMD applicants, sorry I have been a bit MIA for the past few weeks. I have been feeling a bit sour about IMD lately; my dear client traveled from the Middle East to Switzerland for AD and was cut. What really galls me is that apparently only 2 out of his group of 9 were accepted. He did feel shaky about the case analysis part of the process, they no longer give you the topic in advance and so hard to prepare him for that part. He felt very outclassed by the strategy consultants. However he felt great about all other parts of the process.

Anyways, I pushed him to attend the IESE AD in Barcelona – 5 days after getting back from Lausanne – even though he was very tired, behind at work, etc. It was worth it because YAY he was ADMITTED. Will find out scholarship shiz next month. Even cancelled his HEC interviews.

Anyways, in Lausanne, he did the hotel thing, ordered a $20 burger – it was just a letdown given the investment, applying R1, etc. But he is thrilled with IESE and it’s a great fit all around.

Nonetheless, IMD is indeed an incredible leadership development program for the elite 90 chosen to take part in it, so please advance with optimism for R3. The application is relatively simple as compared most other January term programs – so well worth throwing your hat in the ring.

If you are shortlisted, and it applies, make sure to submit your Emerging Markets scholarship essay and financials – this is a new scholarship opportunity at IMD. http://www.imd.org/mba/admissions/one-y ... ncial-aid/
_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jun 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2019, 16:20
1
Narenn wrote:
JOSECANO wrote:
Hello, do you know if I have to send the official score report of toefl and gmat to school through webpages of ETS and MBA? or for application it's enough to attach the official score reports in the documents
Thank you!


Curious what did you do? Sent official report through GMAC or in application documents?


Yes, admissions told me to send the official reports through the webpages.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Oct 2018
Posts: 19
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Healthcare, Leadership
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.74
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2019, 10:58
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi IMD applicants, sorry I have been a bit MIA for the past few weeks. I have been feeling a bit sour about IMD lately; my dear client traveled from the Middle East to Switzerland for AD and was cut. What really galls me is that apparently only 2 out of his group of 9 were accepted. He did feel shaky about the case analysis part of the process, they no longer give you the topic in advance and so hard to prepare him for that part. He felt very outclassed by the strategy consultants. However he felt great about all other parts of the process.

Anyways, I pushed him to attend the IESE AD in Barcelona – 5 days after getting back from Lausanne – even though he was very tired, behind at work, etc. It was worth it because YAY he was ADMITTED. Will find out scholarship shiz next month. Even cancelled his HEC interviews.

Anyways, in Lausanne, he did the hotel thing, ordered a $20 burger – it was just a letdown given the investment, applying R1, etc. But he is thrilled with IESE and it’s a great fit all around.

Nonetheless, IMD is indeed an incredible leadership development program for the elite 90 chosen to take part in it, so please advance with optimism for R3. The application is relatively simple as compared most other January term programs – so well worth throwing your hat in the ring.

If you are shortlisted, and it applies, make sure to submit your Emerging Markets scholarship essay and financials – this is a new scholarship opportunity at IMD. http://www.imd.org/mba/admissions/one-y ... ncial-aid/



Hi MBA PrepCoach,

Was your client there on the March 22nd admit day?
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2328
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 02:31
Hi tnsl6212 yes, that's the one. it's called assessment day however not admit day that is pretty wishful thinking. I made a joke about it and call it IM-Ding he enjoys that a lot. Why do you ask? Where you there?
tnsl6212 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi IMD applicants, sorry I have been a bit MIA for the past few weeks. I have been feeling a bit sour about IMD lately; my dear client traveled from the Middle East to Switzerland for AD and was cut. What really galls me is that apparently only 2 out of his group of 9 were accepted. He did feel shaky about the case analysis part of the process, they no longer give you the topic in advance and so hard to prepare him for that part. He felt very outclassed by the strategy consultants. However he felt great about all other parts of the process.

Anyways, I pushed him to attend the IESE AD in Barcelona – 5 days after getting back from Lausanne – even though he was very tired, behind at work, etc. It was worth it because YAY he was ADMITTED. Will find out scholarship shiz next month. Even cancelled his HEC interviews.

Anyways, in Lausanne, he did the hotel thing, ordered a $20 burger – it was just a letdown given the investment, applying R1, etc. But he is thrilled with IESE and it’s a great fit all around.

Nonetheless, IMD is indeed an incredible leadership development program for the elite 90 chosen to take part in it, so please advance with optimism for R3. The application is relatively simple as compared most other January term programs – so well worth throwing your hat in the ring.

If you are shortlisted, and it applies, make sure to submit your Emerging Markets scholarship essay and financials – this is a new scholarship opportunity at IMD. http://www.imd.org/mba/admissions/one-y ... ncial-aid/



Hi MBA PrepCoach,

Was your client there on the March 22nd admit day?

_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Oct 2018
Posts: 19
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Healthcare, Leadership
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.74
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 04:32
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi tnsl6212 yes, that's the one. it's called assessment day however not admit day that is pretty wishful thinking. I made a joke about it and call it IM-Ding he enjoys that a lot. Why do you ask? Where you there?
tnsl6212 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi IMD applicants, sorry I have been a bit MIA for the past few weeks. I have been feeling a bit sour about IMD lately; my dear client traveled from the Middle East to Switzerland for AD and was cut. What really galls me is that apparently only 2 out of his group of 9 were accepted. He did feel shaky about the case analysis part of the process, they no longer give you the topic in advance and so hard to prepare him for that part. He felt very outclassed by the strategy consultants. However he felt great about all other parts of the process.

Anyways, I pushed him to attend the IESE AD in Barcelona – 5 days after getting back from Lausanne – even though he was very tired, behind at work, etc. It was worth it because YAY he was ADMITTED. Will find out scholarship shiz next month. Even cancelled his HEC interviews.

Anyways, in Lausanne, he did the hotel thing, ordered a $20 burger – it was just a letdown given the investment, applying R1, etc. But he is thrilled with IESE and it’s a great fit all around.

Nonetheless, IMD is indeed an incredible leadership development program for the elite 90 chosen to take part in it, so please advance with optimism for R3. The application is relatively simple as compared most other January term programs – so well worth throwing your hat in the ring.

If you are shortlisted, and it applies, make sure to submit your Emerging Markets scholarship essay and financials – this is a new scholarship opportunity at IMD. http://www.imd.org/mba/admissions/one-y ... ncial-aid/



Hi MBA PrepCoach,

Was your client there on the March 22nd admit day?


Yes, I was there on that day, and I think I know who your client is (only one Middle Eastern guy there). Tell him to keep his chin up and that he did a great job. There were a lot of great people there that day, but I really enjoyed my time with him specifically. It was actually one of the hallmarks/highlights of my experience that after the interviews we all went out and got a beer by the lake, and I spent most of my time talking with him and an Israeli guy about the geopolitics of the Gaza Strip (a conversation that I had nothing to contribute to but appreciated being a part of). It was the culmination of my experience at IMD- smart people from all over the world coming together in a beautiful setting and putting boundaries aside. It was really cool, and he may not remember it, but it meant a lot to me.

Also, just to clarify, there were actually 4 out of our 9 admitted.

I think a good piece of advice for others going into an assessment day is to be confident and make your voice heard without being arrogant or obnoxious. The people that I saw do well also did a good job of inviting others to speak and contribute, rather than trying to force their viewpoints on the group. Listen to what others are saying and then respond- probably a better way to get your thoughts in than to just state your opinion. Not to say that your client was in this group- he was very humble and, if anything, probably got railroaded by some of the more assertive candidates, but I wasn't in his case study group, so I didn't see the dynamic. It can be a hard balance of trying to get your opinion in when you have an overly-assertive person in the group, but from what I see, they didn't let in the domineering candidates.
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2328
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 04:42
tnsl6212, thank you for the kind words. HE IS A VERY GOOD PERSON, A SOLID CITIZEN. RARE. are you American? I think he mentioned you. He enjoyed your conversation. Where did you get the stat about 4/9? He had mentioned it was 2 is why I ask. He was pretty angry about it, but honestly it ended up GREAT - if he had been admitted there is a good chance he would not have gone to AD for IESE. Which he feels is a much better fit, more friendly, he really loved it. Could not even talk him into moving forward with HEC interviews and he speaks French. Waiting on scholarship information but no matter what he's headed to Barcelona in a couple months.
_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Oct 2018
Posts: 19
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Healthcare, Leadership
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.74
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 04:48
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
tnsl6212, thank you for the kind words. HE IS A VERY GOOD PERSON, A SOLID CITIZEN. RARE. are you American? I think he mentioned you. He enjoyed your conversation. Where did you get the stat about 4/9? He had mentioned it was 2 is why I ask. He was pretty angry about it, but honestly it ended up GREAT - if he had been admitted there is a good chance he would not have gone to AD for IESE. Which he feels is a much better fit, more friendly, he really loved it. Could not even talk him into moving forward with HEC interviews and he speaks French. Waiting on scholarship information but no matter what he's headed to Barcelona in a couple months.


Yes, I'm American. Texan. There was one other American from Tennessee.

We had a Whatsapp group with all the candidates from our round. We got in touch before the assessment day and met up for dinner the night before the assessment, which REALLY helped break the ice and I think it made the atmosphere so much more casual and chummy the next day. I'd highly recommend anyone going to future assessment dates do the same if possible. Anyways, we all kept in touch after the assessment. Four of us have...admitted to being admitted haha. One was wait-listed.

I'm glad he found another good fit. IESE is a great program, and he'll be an asset wherever he is. I was looking forward to playing guitar with him in Switzerland!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GRE 1: Q164 V158
GPA: 2.7
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2019, 03:32
Any replies yet for people who applied in Round 2?
European Schools Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 28 Sep 2018
Posts: 55
Location: Mexico
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE: Consulting (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2019, 03:35
ashishtyl wrote:
Any replies yet for people who applied in Round 2?


I am wondering the same. I have not heard anything yet.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- -------------
Reach out to me for MBA Student to Applicant Mentoring
------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- -------------
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Location: Italy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.64
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2019, 04:42
Hey guys,
is there anyone in the wait list like me?

Cheers
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GRE 1: Q164 V158
GPA: 2.7
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2019, 07:05
steteto wrote:
Hey guys,
is there anyone in the wait list like me?

Cheers


steteto: how did you find out about the status change? Email or Portal?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Location: Italy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.64
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2019, 00:45
1
ashishtyl wrote:
steteto wrote:
Hey guys,
is there anyone in the wait list like me?

Cheers


steteto: how did you find out about the status change? Email or Portal?


By e-mail, I'm a R1 applicant.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Oct 2015
Posts: 7
Location: Aruba
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2019, 08:46
1
Guys,

I have been invited for the assessment day after applying in R2. I would like to know is it ok if I chose singapore as my location because it will be easier to travel from where I am situated.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020   [#permalink] 10 May 2019, 08:46

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 119 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all IMD Applicants (Entry January 2020) Class of Dec 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sjas31






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne