It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 10:49

Final Week of R1 Decisions:

CHAT Rooms | MIT Sloan | McCombs 

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all INSEAD Admitted Students: January 2017 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all INSEAD Admitted Students: January 2017 Intake! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2016, 02:50
alibaba111111 wrote:
Congrats all!
I also registered the MBAconnect and it showed ID&password would be sent to my email. Which email will they send to? I cant recall I v entered any of my personal email but only registered an Insead email.
Anyone having the same issue?

Posted from my mobile device

I don't remember entering my email address. I think it goes by default to the email you used when creating your INSEAD account when applying. It might take a couple of hours to get the email with your credentials. If you don't, you can always reach out to your AO. A couple of the admits were having issues with MBA Connect and said that the AO helped them resolve these issues..

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2016, 08:40
Have you guys noticed that tuition fees were increased for January intake?
I just noticed. :shock:
I think it is unfair first to publicly announce 71000 euro and then change it to 73500.

Now it is:
"Tuition fee for the July Class is set in December each year. Fees for the December Class are announced in June.
Current tuition fees for the graduating in December 2017 are €73,500"

Google remembers cached version from June 6:
"Tuition fee increases are announced in December of each year, for the Classes that will graduate the following year.
Current tuition fees for the graduating classes of 2017 are €71,000"

What do you think about this?
Maybe there was an official letter on this to those who already was admitted in R1?

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 34 [1], given: 79

WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2016, 01:29
This post received
KUDOS
Hello Everyone,

I'm an Indian male applicant to INSEAD sep-2017 intake. Its very ambitious of me to think of applying to INSEAD given my financial background.
My profile goes as follows:
GMAT: 720 (Q49/V40)
I am yet to take language test(s).
Work-Exp: 60 months till July-2016
Sector: Electrical Design Engineering - heavy electricals manufacturing and power sector (54 months at BHEL - a manufacturing sector PSU in India)
Extra-curriculars are good but community service is poor.
Have been part of theatre groups and social cause performances - acting and direction.
Leadership roles are ample within and beyond my profession.
Acads: High School - 91%
12th std - 93%
B. Tech. (Electrical Engineering) - 73.4% (but 4th in class)

Firstly, I'm not even sure how strong my profile is for INSEAD. So please enlighten me in this domain.

Secondly, my major concern is finance. In India, max. loan amount without collateral etc. is INR 30 lacs (approx EUR 40,000).
I have next to nil collateral property.
I'll be able to personally manage not more than approx EUR-15,000. So how am I supposed to fund my studies if I'm not awarded any scholarship. Saying that, may I know the probability of getting a scholarship and if yes, about how much, based on my profile.

Please oblige me with your advice as I really want to apply to INSEAD but for an average Indian with low financial background, it is next to impossible investing that much even if you deserve it. (If I do).

Thanks for reading.

Abhishek

Kudos [?]: 34 [1], given: 79

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 69

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2016, 02:25
This post was
BOOKMARKED
AA2014 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm an Indian male applicant to INSEAD sep-2017 intake. Its very ambitious of me to think of applying to INSEAD given my financial background.
Sector: Electrical Design Engineering - heavy electricals manufacturing and power sector (54 months at BHEL - a manufacturing sector PSU in India)
Have been part of theatre groups and social cause performances - acting and direction.
12th std - 93%

Firstly, I'm not even sure how strong my profile is for INSEAD. So please enlighten me in this domain.

Secondly, my major concern is finance. In India, max. loan amount without collateral etc. is INR 30 lacs (approx EUR 40,000).
I'll be able to personally manage not more than approx EUR-15,000. So how am I supposed to fund my studies if I'm not awarded any scholarship. Saying that, may I know the probability of getting a scholarship and if yes, about how much, based on my profile.

Please oblige me with your advice as I really want to apply to INSEAD but for an average Indian with low financial background, it is next to impossible investing that much even if you deserve it. (If I do).

Thanks for reading.

Abhishek

Hello Abhishek,

INSEAD specifically asks for international exposure. IF you have some then you might have a shot.
Your GMAT is good, Experience is also quite good.

About financing.
Scholarships are normally 15-20% in some exceptional cases 25%for your calculation take 13-15 000 euros.
There are loans available from firms like prodigy finance. they don't need collateral and have lower interest rates than what you would get in India (lower even if you have less risk). 90% ( if not more) take some amount as loan anyway. so don't worry on that.

Now another question comes is living expense. you can gather up to 15000 its a bit on the lower side. I am not sure if the loans would cover those. but you need to worry a little here.

- Saurabh Prabhakar
MBA@ IE business school. GMAT 690/Q49/V35
Providing guidance for MBA aspirants here: https://www.fiverr.com/sauprabhakar/help-you-navigate-the-mba-application-journey

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 79

WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2016, 18:14
prabhakar09 wrote:
AA2014 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

12th std - 93%

Thanks for reading.

Abhishek

Hello Abhishek,

INSEAD specifically asks for international exposure. IF you have some then you might have a shot.

About financing.
Scholarships are normally 15-20% in some exceptional cases 25%for your calculation take 13-15 000 euros.
There are loans available from firms like prodigy finance. they don't need collateral and have lower interest rates than what you would get in India (lower even if you have less risk). 90% ( if not more) take some amount as loan anyway. so don't worry on that.

Now another question comes is living expense. you can gather up to 15000 its a bit on the lower side. I am not sure if the loans would cover those. but you need to worry a little here.

Thanks for the reply Sir.

I don't have any international exposure owing to the public sector nature of my employer. But as INSEAD shows concerns about international outlook, I'm not sure how to demonstrate that in my profile since obviously there might be many like me (without International work-exp).

Also, just a thought - can Prodigy loans be coupled with any other education loans as well?

Talking about the living expenses, I'm trying to arrange that personally and I've kept the options of part-time jobs open.
Anyways, I think I should at least give it a shot.

I hope to receive help from you in case I need some advice during application process.

Thanks a lot,

Abhishek

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 79

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2016, 22:07
AA2014 wrote:
prabhakar09 wrote:
AA2014 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

12th std - 93%

Thanks for reading.

Abhishek

Hello Abhishek,

About financing.

Thanks for the reply Sir.

I don't have any international exposure owing to the public sector nature of my employer. But as INSEAD shows concerns about international outlook, I'm not sure how to demonstrate that in my profile since obviously there might be many like me (without International work-exp).

Also, just a thought - can Prodigy loans be coupled with any other education loans as well?

Talking about the living expenses, I'm trying to arrange that personally and I've kept the options of part-time jobs open.
Anyways, I think I should at least give it a shot.

I hope to receive help from you in case I need some advice during application process.

Thanks a lot,

Abhishek

Hello Abhishek,

I think there is no harm in applying. And diversity you show in India Itself. (if you are working in a different cultural environment).
Talk to few consultants. admission consultants. they can shed better light on it.

Loans you can decide how much you wanna take. the maximum would be 'fee-downpayment'. so you can couple with savings or other loan services. but would you be able to get 8.5-9% interest rate there? ( and this rate goes down to ~8% if risk is low.)

Don't hesitate to contact, if in doubt. Also, post in these forums, someone will help.

And don't use 'sir'.

BR,
saurabh

- Saurabh Prabhakar
MBA@ IE business school. GMAT 690/Q49/V35
Providing guidance for MBA aspirants here: https://www.fiverr.com/sauprabhakar/help-you-navigate-the-mba-application-journey

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 03:41
Hi,

I am scouting for consultants to help me in the application process for INSEAD January 2018 intake. I am looking forward to apply in R2.

I have put in applications for a couple of US B-Schools and have interviewed with them (Results Awaited), however, I am very keen with INSEAD January intake, as it provides internship opportunities.

In terms of decision factors for choosing consutlants, their track record and cost are key elements.

Would request admitted students and other co-applicants to share their experience and help me choose the consultant.

Thanks for all the help and support.

My credentials -
GMAT - 730
Home Country - India
Work Exp - 7.3 yrs (At Matriculation)
Current Industry - Entrepreneur (Consulting)
Target Industry - Consulting

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2017, 13:22
Hi guys (first post here)

For those of you who have been accepted to the Sept 2017 intake, how long after the 2nd interview did you hear back?

I applied super last minute (round 4) and had my second interview on 12th April (so it has been 2 weeks), but haven't heard anything since.

Cheers!
Arezo

Sent from my Pixel XL using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Re: Calling all INSEAD Admitted Students: January 2017 Intake!   [#permalink] 26 Apr 2017, 13:22

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 28 posts ] 

Calling all INSEAD Admitted Students: January 2017 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap