Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: [#permalink]
vij101 wrote:
pandeyrav wrote:
vij101 wrote:
Guys, another DING...I guess..

I got the status update email like 20 min before and the status reads
Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

The system is unable to determine your current status, please contact the admissions office at 847-491-3308 or mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information.

I guess they are just updating it but the lack of phone call confirms a DING.....K goes out of the window for Fall'08

Lets see how the gods smile w.r.t other schools...

Could it be a waitlist ? it might be a good idea to not conclude without seeing the actual email. Even if its a ding, i am sure you will get better news from other schools. Kellogg's loss will be some other schools gain. cheer up !

Guys,
Its Official.......its a DING........surprisingly, does not hurt as much as I thought it would.
thats maybe after a decent interview at Chicago, I see a light at the end of the tunnel and hope that it is not that of an on coming train.
BTW, no news from ROSS and SLOAN.....

I'm staring down the barrel of a DING too. I just got this message as I checked my status. No phone call or email yet...

Edited 5:22pm EST -Its official, not a Ding, but a Waitlist...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink]
Wow, still no status update for me. I really wonder how they stretch their decision process out over 6 weeks or so. Oh well :?.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Burger you obviously forgot the rule. Its either Kellogg OR Chicago. So far no one has cracked both. Knowing you got into GSB makes it a little easier to take, don't know which was your preference but if Kellogg was your top then you can always wait out the WL to see if you get in and Chicago is a darn good school to have in your pocket.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
forcefeed wrote:
Wow, still no status update for me. I really wonder how they stretch their decision process out over 6 weeks or so. Oh well :?.

No status update for me either.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hey admitted students, I started a facebook group for Kellogg...sure we may not end up there but with Kellogg email addresses now it was easy to form. I figured it would be a good way to meet some other admits. You can always remove yourself from the group if you get accepted someplace else and decide not to attend Kellogg.

https://northwestern.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6653899843
Current Student
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
Hey admitted students, I started a facebook group for Kellogg...sure we may not end up there but with Kellogg email addresses now it was easy to form. I figured it would be a good way to meet some other admits. You can always remove yourself from the group if you get accepted someplace else and decide not to attend Kellogg.

I'm retarded...and can't figure out how to join the group. Where's the request link after I follow the URL?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
top right below the logo. It set up so I have to approve people, I am going to use the NW network to verify people actually are students since then they will have an email. I think I can figure out who you are if you arent on the NW network yet.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
got my interview done today, in wind, rain, and chaos... the Bay Area is having some torrential rain today, and the interviewer offered to postpone the interview till next week, but since I studied for it already, I just wanted to get it over with.

It was kind of fun, not having seats in the first starbucks, the 2nd starbucks lost all power due to the storm, and finally ended up at some crowded cafe, 30 minutes after the original meeting time (driving around in her car too). Definitely broke the ice.

AS for the interview, just standard questions about examples of team work, leadership style, passions in life/work, why Kellogg/MBA, and what community service/hobbies I have. I think I rambled a little (probably because the whole situation was just so surreal, and it was in a noisy restaurant) but I think I got my point across, if not in the best wording/phrasing.

Anyway, glad that's over, and I'm only a couple days from complete freedom from apps! :wink:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
CerealsMBA wrote:
Good luck to all... By the way, I haven't heard of Kellogg since I submitted Part I. I requested an off campus Interview in Paris. Do I need to wait for them to contact me ?

They will give pair you with an alum if there is one...if there isn't they will waive it or give you a phone interview. It can take a long time, especially in a place like Paris where there probably aren't as many alums interviewing when compared to a place like NYC or Boston.

I'm guessing they are so busy with Rd 1 that they haven't even got round to rd 2 yet. I submitted Part 1 on Nov 30th. Part 2 on the 5th of December... No interview invite yet. I'm guessing finding available alumni in Tokyo is slighlty more tricky. Personally i would prefer to know of acceptance of Ding by Feb 28th, as thats when i have to pay a retainer for the school i;ve been accepted in.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
togo, look at your status check thing they sent you. I found my interview invite in there from early November, and I thought I wasn't invited until December 26th...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
hey all, for Kellogg's essay intructions, they request somehting about a 1 inch margin on top (don't remember the words exactly, it's the in red in the essay upload section).

That's standard word doc right? So I don't need to fix anything? And I supposed I can still play with the left and right margins a bit?

Also, can Kellogg take 11 pt font (I think UCLA is ok with it)? They don't specify 12 pt font. I might just copy over the UCLA essay, since the main goals essay is exactly the same.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Send PM
Does Kellogg interview everybody or is it selective?? I applied to the JD/MBA program, Round 2, and got my interview invite yesterday. Is this a good sign or irrelevant?
Current Student
Send PM
aceman626 wrote:
hey all, for Kellogg's essay intructions, they request somehting about a 1 inch margin on top (don't remember the words exactly, it's the in red in the essay upload section).

That's standard word doc right? So I don't need to fix anything? And I supposed I can still play with the left and right margins a bit?

Also, can Kellogg take 11 pt font (I think UCLA is ok with it)? They don't specify 12 pt font. I might just copy over the UCLA essay, since the main goals essay is exactly the same.

Thanks!

I played with my left, right, and bottom margins. I used 10 pt Arial.
Current Student
Send PM
JDMBA wrote:
Does Kellogg interview everybody or is it selective?? I applied to the JD/MBA program, Round 2, and got my interview invite yesterday. Is this a good sign or irrelevant?

They interview everyone.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
riverripper wrote:

Note you need to use your kellogg email to join the northwestern network to join this group. This will keep it to pretty much people who were actually admitted.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Kellogg interviews everyone.

I am either using Times 11 or Arial 10. I'll be modifying my left, right, bottom margins to be 0.5" or so.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mba2010 wrote:
aceman626 wrote:

Thanks!

I played with my left, right, and bottom margins. I used 10 pt Arial.

oh ok thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43  ...  100