Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink]
Admitted students the DAK page is up right now. https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/student/sp_event/dak/index.html

They actually have set aside a block of rooms and the rooms are cheaper than you are gonna find anywhere else on the web. I doubt rooms will show up on priceline so this is about as good as it will get. I just reserved thurs-sun at the Hilton, that was recommended by everyone I talked to as the best of the 3 and they are all pretty much the same price. See you guys there.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
Admitted students the DAK page is up right now. https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/student/sp_event/dak/index.html

They actually have set aside a block of rooms and the rooms are cheaper than you are gonna find anywhere else on the web. I doubt rooms will show up on priceline so this is about as good as it will get. I just reserved thurs-sun at the Hilton, that was recommended by everyone I talked to as the best of the 3 and they are all pretty much the same price. See you guys there.

Nice, river!
I officially registered for the DAK today.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the heads up. Just booked the Hilton as well. I wasn't able to get the rate online so had to call in. Are you getting a car?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi All, is it me or is Kellogg's 2nd and 3rd essays overlap, especially with the activities/leadership aspect?

how do you guys determine what kind of material to put into which essay?

Thanks.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
mba2010 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. Just booked the Hilton as well. I wasn't able to get the rate online so had to call in. Are you getting a car?

Nah we will probably take a taxi from Midway and then walk around. Its supposed to be like half a mile from the Kellogg building. Judging by the schedule we are gonna be kept pretty busy. What days are you guys going. We will be there from Thursday evening on, planning on going to the Thursday night event.

Anyone else bringing their significant other?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
aceman626 wrote:
Hi All, is it me or is Kellogg's 2nd and 3rd essays overlap, especially with the activities/leadership aspect?

Thanks.

For the uniqueness one I used a lot more about teamwork and absolutely no leadership since there is a whole essay for that. I talked about some very unusual experiences I had and stuff like that.

I used college and work for both. Nothing outside of work, that was all in my outside of work I...essay.
Current Student
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
mba2010 wrote:

Nah we will probably take a taxi from Midway and then walk around. Its supposed to be like half a mile from the Kellogg building. Judging by the schedule we are gonna be kept pretty busy. What days are you guys going. We will be there from Thursday evening on, planning on going to the Thursday night event.

Flying into ORD, staying at the Hilton Thurs-Sun, and yes, bringing the boy. Still trying to convince him to move with me.
Current Student
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
mba2010 wrote:

My boyfriend will get there either on Thur with me or Friday night if his boss doesn't let him take Fri off.
I don't think I'll go to Thur events.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
On this year's application instructions:

Quote:
There are two Day at Kellogg weekends, Feb. 15–17, 2008, and
April 18-20, 2008. Because space is limited, admitted students are
encouraged to register early.

It looks like (from river's example) Kellogg admits people as early as 4-5 weeks after receiving the applications. This could be a R1 phenomenon because of the lower application volumes, though my co-worker said his friend got in 1 week before him, and his friend's interview was exactly 1 week before his too. So it could be a first come first serve type review (unlike the random stuff of Stanford/Haas). Just wondering if people think so.

Hope to make the second DAK event! :)
Current Student
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
On this year's application instructions:

Quote:
There are two Day at Kellogg weekends, Feb. 15–17, 2008, and
April 18-20, 2008. Because space is limited, admitted students are
encouraged to register early.

It looks like (from river's example) Kellogg admits people as early as 4-5 weeks after receiving the applications. This could be a R1 phenomenon because of the lower application volumes, though my co-worker said his friend got in 1 week before him, and his friend's interview was exactly 1 week before his too. So it could be a first come first serve type review (unlike the random stuff of Stanford/Haas). Just wondering if people think so.

Hope to make the second DAK event! :)

I don't think it's a first-come, first serve, at least when it comes to interviews with alumni. Some people interviewed as early as September and still don't know about their decision. Others interviewed December 14 and found out about the decision a week later. I realized that at Kellogg, it's better to interview with an admissions person as you will hear sooner about the decision, whatever it is. Alums can take their time to report back to the admissions, delaying the decision. Meanwhile, your file gets stock-piled and then, who knows when admissions are going to look at it! I think that's what happened to my file. My interview was on November 7th, and I found out about my admit right before Christmas.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Folks,

Got a quick question about Kellogg and leadership... I'm working on my 3rd essay and trying to tie my experiences into what's offered by Kellogg. While I can relate the team-oriented environment (surprise surprise!) as helping with my leadership development, are there any specific leadership programs / courses at Kellogg that I should know about?

Gracias,

JamieK
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
aceman626 wrote:

Thanks.

For the uniqueness one I used a lot more about teamwork and absolutely no leadership since there is a whole essay for that. I talked about some very unusual experiences I had and stuff like that.

I used college and work for both. Nothing outside of work, that was all in my outside of work I...essay.

cool man, thanks river. You've been a good help with the Kellogg app.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
Some stuff that might help you :
https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/adm ... ership.htm

JamieK wrote:
Folks,

Got a quick question about Kellogg and leadership... I'm working on my 3rd essay and trying to tie my experiences into what's offered by Kellogg. While I can relate the team-oriented environment (surprise surprise!) as helping with my leadership development, are there any specific leadership programs / courses at Kellogg that I should know about?

Gracias,

JamieK
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Thanks you, sir. That's exactly what I couldn't find on the Kellogg site, which I must say is a bit cluttered.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
Just takes a bit of Googling :-)
JamieK wrote:
Thanks you, sir. That's exactly what I couldn't find on the Kellogg site, which I must say is a bit cluttered.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Cool... Yet another question: what length have the 4th essays ending up being in terms of pages?
Current Student
Send PM
JamieK wrote:
Cool... Yet another question: what length have the 4th essays ending up being in terms of pages?

Mine was 2 1/3, 10 pt Arial
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44  ...  100