It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 14:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 06:23
let's hope for great news today! :)

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Schools: Yale SOM '11

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 06:47
ac8706 wrote:
let's hope for great news today! :)

I agree, and lets get back to our regularly scheduled program.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 07:22
Hope today is a big day for the club! Since yesterday was pretty much lost it seems to calls, hopefully today will be better!

Best of luck everyone!

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: Fuqua Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 08:28
Just one final thought on this whole fiasco. I've worked in fundraising for a few years, and I can't count the number of times I've sent out letters with someone elses name on it.

The point is, every single time we do that, we get explicit approval from the person whose name is on the letter with regard to the content and the recipients of whatever we're sending. That way, any mistakes are on them. To allow your name to be put on something that you're not sure who its going to is irresponsible. Regardless of who sent the email, Beth's name is on it so she is responsible. Allowing some IT flunky (if we're assuming that's what happened) to send out important emails with your name on it, with no checks and balances is poor management.

But on the other hand, she seems to be handling it with all the class in the world. I think the fact that she is personally calling people to let them know is exactly what she should be doing. She screwed up, and she is taking responsibility for it. And I bet they're making sure this never happens again. We've all screwed up before, so try and have a little empathy.

That's just my two cents. I'd hate to be in the position of people who are involved in the mixup. I'm still waiting.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 3: 740 Q40 V50
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 5: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 6: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 9: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 11: 500 Q47 V33
GMAT 14: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 08:34
thesadmachine wrote:
Just one final thought on this whole fiasco. I've worked in fundraising for a few years, and I can't count the number of times I've sent out letters with someone elses name on it.

The point is, every single time we do that, we get explicit approval from the person whose name is on the letter with regard to the content and the recipients of whatever we're sending. That way, any mistakes are on them. To allow your name to be put on something that you're not sure who its going to is irresponsible. Regardless of who sent the email, Beth's name is on it so she is responsible. Allowing some IT flunky (if we're assuming that's what happened) to send out important emails with your name on it, with no checks and balances is poor management.

But on the other hand, she seems to be handling it with all the class in the world. I think the fact that she is personally calling people to let them know is exactly what she should be doing. She screwed up, and she is taking responsibility for it. And I bet they're making sure this never happens again. We've all screwed up before, so try and have a little empathy.

That's just my two cents. I'd hate to be in the position of people who are involved in the mixup. I'm still waiting.

I agree... but I feel awful for those who were misled. Keep your hopes high for your other schools. It's unfortunate that this happened during such a high-stress time.

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: HBS, Kellogg (i/v ed), Tuck(Ding), Duke (admitted), Ross

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 09:30
jlola21 wrote:
thesadmachine wrote:

The point is, every single time we do that, we get explicit approval from the person whose name is on the letter with regard to the content and the recipients of whatever we're sending.
But on the other hand, she seems to be handling it with all the class in the world. She screwed up, and she is taking responsibility for it. And I bet they're making sure this never happens again. We've all screwed up before, so try and have a little empathy.

Ok guys, let us leave the issue here. let us accept that some thing terribly wrong happened with some of us. this was definitely not Beth's fault but she has shown good leadership example by owning up some one else's mistake and taking pains to talk to each one of the applicant.
I also empathize with the applicants with whom this happened. the agony to face, when you find your self on a high and then tell every one including family and friends and then to say sorry I got dinged is really painful. But B school application process itself is an exercise in it self and you learn to know yourself and so - are you getting carried away by it or have the ability to take failures in your strides? I know it is easier said then done, but its an occasion to show your character and temperament and who knows if you talk to Beth and tell her that the episode has been an embarrassment to you but you are still committed and quite passionate about Kellogg and if not this time, will work hard and will be there again next year, Probably you will be better off, just my cents.
peace . No joining the issue on this count! 8-)

Intern
Intern

Schools: Kellogg Darden, HBS, Stanford, Yale, Duke, Notre Dame

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 10:16
Seems like another slow day!

Could someone please add me to the gmatclub list thing? ... Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: UCLA Anderson 2011

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 10:55
A quick question: Is there a way to go back and change my answers to Part I of the application after submitting it already? I just noticed that I missed a checkbox, and also I want to tweak my stated long term goal.. Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Schools: HBS, Kellogg (i/v ed), Tuck(Ding), Duke (admitted), Ross

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 10:58
kcbear wrote:
A quick question: Is there a way to go back and change my answers to Part I of the application after submitting it already? I just noticed that I missed a checkbox, and also I want to tweak my stated long term goal.. Thanks!

Sorry kcbear, the bullet has been fired, no way to check it now. just move on and best of luck.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 11:08
kcbear wrote:

Dont worry too much about part1. They dont spend much time one that.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern

Schools: UCLA Anderson 2011

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 11:09
That's what I figured... No big deal I hope. They'll know that I don't need to take the TOEFL and my stated long term goal is close to what I'm portraying in my essays. Thanks!

Intern
Intern

Schools: Emory, Kellogg (Mat.)

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 11:13
Has anyone (outside of those involved in the mix up) heard anything since Monday? It seems like they have temporarily shut down operations while they are dealing with the mess.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 11:27
@ River, Steel

When does the adcomm close for holidays ?

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 12:46
I know a few adcoms who are working part of next week...not sure if calls go out. If decisions come out next week, its safe to assume they will be all acceptances. I would expect a flood of decisions this week though. There were a ton on monday, you remember the ones where a lot got screwed up.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

Schools: R1: HBS(A), Kellogg(A), Michigan(A), Duke(A), Wharton(D)

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 12:59
I'M IN!!!!! I just got the call!!! I'm so pumped!!!!

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Schools: Kellogg 2011

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 13:02
Congrats!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 13:05
Congrats!

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Schools: Yale SOM '11

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 13:14
cpgmba wrote:

Congrats. Good to know they are still making admit calls

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 13:33
cpgmba wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!! Quick question...did they update your status online at their "Check application status" site?

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2008, 13:33
cpgmba wrote:

Great news, definitely pegged the CPG guy as the ideal Kellogg student haha.

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 17 Dec 2008, 13:33

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  64   65   66   67   68  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: aeropower, OasisGC, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap