It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 16:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 14:48
I wonder if there is any positive meaning to be taken from the fact that we have survived many levels of "cuts".

Is it safe to assume that they have read all of our files and are still going back and forth for consensus, tweaking the averages, etc? I called adcom a few weeks ago when something came and was told that things were pretty late in the game. I guess all it means is that our original reads weren't unanimous one way or another.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Schools: Yale SOM '11

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 14:48
Leverandon wrote:
I feel like there was someone from non profit who got in awhile back. I doubt, however, that they have particular days when they are releasing decisions for people from various industries. FYI, I am nonprofit and have heard nothing yet.

Your avatar inspired me to Netflix the first season of Mad Men. I'm hooked.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 15:06
jlola21 wrote:
mbaleader wrote:
jlola21 wrote:
And the decision is....
DING for me!

jlola21 sorry to hear that. Booth is a great school and you will have a great time.

Thanks mbaleader. I am okay though.. in hindsight, I never felt good about my interview with Kellogg. I'll be very happy at Booth though :)

*edit - I'm not going to lie, I am really sad! :( boo.

Sorry to hear that jlola. :(

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 15:09
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:
I wonder if there is any positive meaning to be taken from the fact that we have survived many levels of "cuts".

Is it safe to assume that they have read all of our files and are still going back and forth for consensus, tweaking the averages, etc? I called adcom a few weeks ago when something came and was told that things were pretty late in the game. I guess all it means is that our original reads weren't unanimous one way or another.

Interesting take... I wonder as well! I would think they probably have most of them read by now, and are maybe trying to round out the admits for the first round.

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross '11

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 15:16
I would have to guess that all apps have been read by now.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 9

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 15:20
ruthlessgravity wrote:

Unfortunately, season 2 was a big letdown.

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 15:22

I've been wondering the same thing. Of course, none of us know (and none of us will probably ever know) exactly how it works, but it is fun to guess, particularly when you need to pass the time waiting for a decision. My guess is that they initially go through applications in a truly random order, admitting applicants who are clear admits right away, and dinging similarly. The ones they're uncertain about -- perhaps b/c they're strong but want to compare with others from the same background before making a final decision -- they leave until the very end (right about now). Hence, the reason waitlists aren't released until the very end.

Again, just a guess ...

http://www.MBAngst.blogspot.com

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 15:24
Oh man I thought Season Two was great! Seeing Peggy breaking barriers in the office, more of Don's history, and the impending commercialization of the company... It was a great view into the transitioning world of the 60's. Hints of feminism and the civil rights movement... Good stuff..

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Schools: Kellogg 2011

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 15:52
ruthlessgravity wrote:
Leverandon wrote:
I feel like there was someone from non profit who got in awhile back. I doubt, however, that they have particular days when they are releasing decisions for people from various industries. FYI, I am nonprofit and have heard nothing yet.

I'm three disks in so far, it's awesome.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: Emory, Kellogg (Mat.)

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 16:17
I am surprised that there were no calls today, only dings. Anyone want to speculate on if they are making calls tomorrow or Friday?

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 16:29
I would think tomorrow is a holiday for most people, and that they wouldn't be back til the 2nd.

Aw crap I really have to finish my Booth stuff...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 16:44
cs11 wrote:
ruthlessgravity wrote:
Leverandon wrote:

I'm three disks in so far, it's awesome.

Yeah, it's a great show. I haven't seen Season 2 yet, though. No word from Kellogg for me yet, btw. The wait goes on.

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Schools: HBS, Kellogg (i/v ed), Tuck(Ding), Duke (admitted), Ross

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 20:21
sam77sam7 wrote:

Interesting take... I wonder as well! I would think they probably have most of them read by now, and are maybe trying to round out the admits for the first round.

Aah! I am from India so till late in the night saw a series o dings posted on Gmatclub as well as on BW. I checked status in the night and it said application complete and immediately I closed the window or else Beth may get a chance to twick the post and make it ding!!! early morning I got up , browsed series of dings on gmatclub and BW and was just agreeing with post of Manbehindthecurtain, if I have been spared cuts of yesterday night, I have something better in store for me! who knows they are keeping scholarship cases pending till last to make a decision!!
then I checked my mail -intuition?? and there was mail from kellogg of status update and as expected it is DING!!!OUCH
so it is Duke for me. Best of luck to all those who survived yesterday's rout!
MBTcurtain, here is my profile age 36(upon matriculation), government sector 11 years experience.
Best of luck.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: Kellogg (accepted), Chicago Booth (*ATTENDING* full tuition fellowship +20k stipend), HBS (ding), Stanford (WL), Michigan (Accepted w/full scholarship)

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2008, 23:29
MBAngst wrote:

I've been wondering the same thing. Of course, none of us know (and none of us will probably ever know) exactly how it works, but it is fun to guess, particularly when you need to pass the time waiting for a decision. My guess is that they initially go through applications in a truly random order, admitting applicants who are clear admits right away, and dinging similarly. The ones they're uncertain about -- perhaps b/c they're strong but want to compare with others from the same background before making a final decision -- they leave until the very end (right about now). Hence, the reason waitlists aren't released until the very end.

Again, just a guess ...

I like this idea--saving the similar applicants to really weigh them against each other-- but then I wonder what group I've been put in... I'm a professional musician and a lesbian--which pretty much makes me a unicorn in the business school application process. Maybe I'm not the only one after all!

(I still prefer the "scholarships are given to the latest admits" theory though... *fingers crossed*)

STILL waiting...
jcl246

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2008, 07:06
jcl246 wrote:
MBAngst wrote:

Again, just a guess ...

I like this idea--saving the similar applicants to really weigh them against each other-- but then I wonder what group I've been put in... I'm a professional musician and a lesbian--which pretty much makes me a unicorn in the business school application process. Maybe I'm not the only one after all!

(I still prefer the "scholarships are given to the latest admits" theory though... *fingers crossed*)

STILL waiting...
jcl246

I would guess the "untraditional background" group. But I also prefer the scholarship theory. Good luck!

http://www.MBAngst.blogspot.com

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2008, 16:50
ninkorn wrote:
chifootball wrote:
I actually got in today in a way, but did not get a call. I got an e-mail for an admitted students event in my city, saying "congrats again on being admitted to kellogg" in the message, and was very confused and suspicious given their mishap from earlier this year. So I checked my status, and sure enough, I am in. Called to confirm, and found out they made the decision 10 days ago- for some reason I was never called or e-mailed and told to check my status. Either way, I'm extremely happy so long as they don't call and tell me it was a mistake. Good luck to those still waiting, and maybe check your status in case they forgot to call you too...

Congrats Chifootball. Wharton, Booth and now Kellogg admit....plus you scored V51 on GMAT....

You should start GMAT consulting business....

Thanks, not sure I'll go that far but teaching a GMAT course before school would be a nice way to keep some more $$ coming in. Tough, but good decisions to make now.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student

Schools: Kellogg (accepted), Chicago Booth (*ATTENDING* full tuition fellowship +20k stipend), HBS (ding), Stanford (WL), Michigan (Accepted w/full scholarship)

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2009, 18:09
Here's hoping tomorrow is the day! (in a good way)

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2009, 08:43
Bueller? Bueller?

Anything? Anybody?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Schools: Kellogg '11 (MMM)
WE 1: Engineer at a Food & Beverage Company
WE 2: Engineer at an Automotive Supplier
WE 3: Consultant at a Management Consulting Firm

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2009, 10:21

I was just looking at the Kellogg thread on the BW forum and they have a list of profiles of people still waiting. They all look like really strong candidates. Based on that, I'm guessing we'll see an even spread of WLs and Admits with a handful of dings.

Also, if any of you interviewed late in the game, they possibly haven't even reviewed your app.

Good luck to all. Either way, the wait is almost over ...

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature."

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2009, 11:07
What do you think "late in the game" means? I interviewed in Mid November...

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2009, 11:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  77   78   79   80   81  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ]