It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 16:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2009, 15:14
Leverandon wrote:
Just got the email...ding for me. Looks like its full speed ahead for Ross and Darden now. Hopefully I'll get one of those. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting on Kellogg.


Yikes. Sorry to hear it! :(
PS They sent that on a Sunday?

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Status: Burning mid-night oil....daily
Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Posts: 2400

Kudos [?]: 746 [0], given: 548

Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2009, 15:16
Leverandon wrote:
Just got the email...ding for me. Looks like its full speed ahead for Ross and Darden now. Hopefully I'll get one of those. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting on Kellogg.


Kellogg is sending out ding emails on sunday?
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 746 [0], given: 548

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Posts: 278

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: New York City
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2009, 15:16
They did indeed send it out on a Sunday. Rough. I guess they are pushing hard to get them all done in the next couple of days. I feel ok though...a lot of great qualified people have gotten the ding from Kellogg this year on this site. I have high hopes for Ross coming through, but we will see.
_________________

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2008
Posts: 1221

Kudos [?]: 245 [0], given: 17

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2009, 15:29
Sorry to hear it Leverandon, good luck with Ross and Darden!
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 245 [0], given: 17

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Posts: 597

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Location: Detroit, MI
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2009, 17:34
Leverandon wrote:
I have high hopes for Ross coming through, but we will see.


Sorry to hear about the K ding!!

I am sure Ross will come through for you Lev, and I am looking forward to hearing the news!

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 347

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

Location: Evanston, IL
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2009, 17:43
Leverandon wrote:
They did indeed send it out on a Sunday. Rough. I guess they are pushing hard to get them all done in the next couple of days. I feel ok though...a lot of great qualified people have gotten the ding from Kellogg this year on this site. I have high hopes for Ross coming through, but we will see.


Must have been a JD/MBA thing - one of my friends applying to the JD/MBA got his ding today too.

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Posts: 278

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: New York City
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2009, 19:15
Steel wrote:
Leverandon wrote:
They did indeed send it out on a Sunday. Rough. I guess they are pushing hard to get them all done in the next couple of days. I feel ok though...a lot of great qualified people have gotten the ding from Kellogg this year on this site. I have high hopes for Ross coming through, but we will see.


Must have been a JD/MBA thing - one of my friends applying to the JD/MBA got his ding today too.


Interesting. Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Time to move on to thinking about other schools. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
_________________

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Posts: 276

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2009, 20:35
Leverandon wrote:
Just got the email...ding for me. Looks like its full speed ahead for Ross and Darden now. Hopefully I'll get one of those. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting on Kellogg.


Best of luck my friend.

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2008
Posts: 127

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 01:48
Leverandon wrote:
Just got the email...ding for me. Looks like its full speed ahead for Ross and Darden now. Hopefully I'll get one of those. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting on Kellogg.


I am sorry mate. I know how it feels !

Good luck for the rest of your apps. Are you still going ahead with UCLA in R2 ?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Posts: 597

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Location: Detroit, MI
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 04:39
Best of luck to all the remaining waiters...

The next three days should be interesting! And hopefully fun!

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2007
Posts: 850

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 1

Location: Chicago
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 08:06
I tried to check my status, but the website is hanging at the login page after i submit my login/pw.

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Posts: 214

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Schools: Georgetown '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 08:10
yeah, me too. Maybe it means we got in?

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Status: Burning mid-night oil....daily
Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Posts: 2400

Kudos [?]: 746 [0], given: 548

Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 08:11
Sleepy wrote:
yeah, me too. Maybe it means we got in?


Hopefully you guys got in. But wouldn't you get admit calls from Kellogg?

River said something about Kellogg posting wait lists starting today.
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 746 [0], given: 548

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 08:11
sonibubu wrote:
I tried to check my status, but the website is hanging at the login page after i submit my login/pw.


ditto.

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Posts: 597

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Location: Detroit, MI
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 08:16
Same here.. just waiting to load.

I think it is just slow at the moment.

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4318

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 08:26
ninkorn wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
yeah, me too. Maybe it means we got in?


Hopefully you guys got in. But wouldn't you get admit calls from Kellogg?

River said something about Kellogg posting wait lists starting today.


Ya most likely people in the US get the call before they get the status change. As for the WL, its possible it starts today or it could not happen until the very last day. We will all find out soon I guess. Good luck guys.
_________________

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 131

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 10:33
Any other re-applicants still waiting to hear?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2008
Posts: 17

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Washington University (Olin)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 11:47
So with it getting closer and closer to the deadline, I'm feeling more like I'm a waitlister or a ding. I'm sure there are plenty of admits still out there, but I just have a feeling that I'm not going to be one of them. So, if not admitted, I hope for a waitlist and prolong this journey for another couple days/weeks/months.

My questions is, what do I do then, if I'm waitlisted? What can I be doing to show how much I want and deserve to be admitted? Do I contact alumni I know to give a call to admissions? Do I write a followup letter expressing my interest and any changes in my profile since I submitted my application?

When would a more final decision be made on me? Would I not expect it until after round II or even round III?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 215

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 12:19
mbsappy8 wrote:
So with it getting closer and closer to the deadline, I'm feeling more like I'm a waitlister or a ding. I'm sure there are plenty of admits still out there, but I just have a feeling that I'm not going to be one of them. So, if not admitted, I hope for a waitlist and prolong this journey for another couple days/weeks/months.

My questions is, what do I do then, if I'm waitlisted? What can I be doing to show how much I want and deserve to be admitted? Do I contact alumni I know to give a call to admissions? Do I write a followup letter expressing my interest and any changes in my profile since I submitted my application?

When would a more final decision be made on me? Would I not expect it until after round II or even round III?



I think it is impossible to know anything at this point. Just hold on a few more days and then devise a strategy. There is no point in getting even more worked up over hypotheticals.

There are going to be admits, dings, and WLs for people in the last few days. I am surprised that GMATClub's stats are so poor so far, afterall this is a self selecting group, so it just goes to say how anything can happen at this point.

My understanding about waitlist is that if they go to it at all, they do so at their perogative, and I even heard of offers being made in the week or two before orientation starts.

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2008
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Johnson
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 13:54
I wish adcom had asked me...

can this be made into...

I wish adcom had asked me...what person/event/etc has influenced you?

also how much is 2 paragraphs in # of words?

Last edited by rscricket on 05 Jan 2009, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 05 Jan 2009, 13:54

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  79   80   81   82   83  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.