It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 00:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 244 [0], given: 17

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 13:55
That question is like a wildcard - it can be anything you want it to be, so you can use it to highlight an aspect of your candidacy that you couldn't highlight elsewhere. I made it into asking about one of my EC's, which I am passionate about and didn't have a chance to talk about in other essays.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 13:59
Well all, it's been a good run.

I'm out. Just got the ding email. I was really hoping by some luck I would be admitted, but oh well... Just waiting on Ross now.

~Sam

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 745 [0], given: 548

Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 14:01
sam77sam7 wrote:

I'm out. Just got the ding email. I was really hoping by some luck I would be admitted, but oh well... Just waiting on Ross now.

~Sam

Sorry Sam. This just means that you are headed for Ross...be little more patient! :-D

VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 14:05
Sorry to hear it Sam. Best of luck with Ross.

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 14:13
sam77sam7 wrote:

~Sam

sorry to hear that :(

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross '11

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 14:36
mbsappy8 wrote:
So with it getting closer and closer to the deadline, I'm feeling more like I'm a waitlister or a ding. I'm sure there are plenty of admits still out there, but I just have a feeling that I'm not going to be one of them. So, if not admitted, I hope for a waitlist and prolong this journey for another couple days/weeks/months.

My questions is, what do I do then, if I'm waitlisted? What can I be doing to show how much I want and deserve to be admitted? Do I contact alumni I know to give a call to admissions? Do I write a followup letter expressing my interest and any changes in my profile since I submitted my application?

When would a more final decision be made on me? Would I not expect it until after round II or even round III?

Kellogg assigns each WLer a Waitlist Manager, a member of the adcom that then handles that candidate going forward. You can setup a phone call with the manager and they'll give you any feedback (if there is any to pass along). They also provide a waitlist FAQ with the things they do and do not want in terms of contact.

I was waitlisted in March and eventually dinged in late June or early July.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 14:37
Tough break Sam, I am surprised you are the only person who has heard yet today though.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Schools: Georgetown '11

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 14:41
there's a coupple on BW. I was expecting today to be a big day.

river, do you have any idea what the odds are of getting in off the waitlist for those of us still waiting?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Johnson

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 15:30
rscricket wrote:

also how much is 2 paragraphs in # of words?

what about paragraph/# of words?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 16:04
rscricket wrote:
rscricket wrote:

what about paragraph/# of words?

Each of my 2 paragraph essays were about 400 words in total.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 16:34
sam77sam7 wrote:

~Sam

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with Ross.

To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says:
"Leave no stone unturned."
-Edward Bulwer Lytton

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 18:36
sam77sam7 wrote:

~Sam

That sucks. You have a strong profile...I think you should be very competitive for Ross.

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 22:38
I'm kinda confused......how come so many people are getting dings with amazing #'s? For example: Leverandon: 710, sam77sam7: 730, Tarmac: 770

Doesn't the GMAT play a huge factor in decisions?

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 2

SVP
SVP

Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 22:50
chicagocubsrule wrote:
I'm kinda confused......how come so many people are getting dings with amazing #'s? For example: Leverandon: 710, sam77sam7: 730, Tarmac: 770

Bschool admission isn't some sort of GMAT game. If it was, we won't be all posting threads here discussing strategies, trends, stats and etc.

You don't see Heisman Trophy winners or best college basketball players getting number one draft picks. It's more than one's stats.

Bschool is just using GMAT score as a comparison tool. They all have different ideas of how they want to shape the entering class.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2009, 23:57
rscricket wrote:
I wish adcom had asked me...

can this be made into...

I wish adcom had asked me...what person/event/etc has influenced you?

I wrote "I wish Kellogg had asked me... what my wife thinks about my candidacy" and included a "letter from my wife".

369 words.

Sorry to hear about the dings guys. Your great school is waiting for you - its just a numbers game at the end of the day.

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2009, 00:08
ninkorn wrote:
chicagocubsrule wrote:

Bschool admission isn't some sort of GMAT game. If it was, we won't be all posting threads here discussing strategies, trends, stats and etc.

You don't see Heisman Trophy winners or best college basketball players getting number one draft picks. It's more than one's stats.

Bschool is just using GMAT score as a comparison tool. They all have different ideas of how they want to shape the entering class.

That's exactly right. The GMAT is just something that you need to break a threshold of to make you legit to come to the table and compete. It doesn't win the admissions game for you.

I actually think that's a good thing. I've been concurrently applying for law schools and for those schools its basically a pure formula. LSAT test + GPA = index number. If your index is above their min you're in, otherwise you're out. They factor other things into very limited consideration. The bschool process, with four or more essays, interviews, work experience, etc is about getting to know a three dimensional person and what they can bring to the table as a leader and team member, and while I am currently 0-2 on admissions, I think it is a far better process than just plugging in GPA and GMAT.

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2009, 07:38
Anyone know what time everyone's status will be updated tomorrow? I think I remember reading 9am Central time somewhere, but I'm not sure

I can't imagine there's too many admits left to be sent out but there's still 24 hours left. :pray

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager

Schools: Georgetown '11

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2009, 08:05
Leverandon wrote:
ninkorn wrote:
chicagocubsrule wrote:

That's exactly right. The GMAT is just something that you need to break a threshold of to make you legit to come to the table and compete. It doesn't win the admissions game for you.

I actually think that's a good thing. I've been concurrently applying for law schools and for those schools its basically a pure formula. LSAT test + GPA = index number. If your index is above their min you're in, otherwise you're out. They factor other things into very limited consideration. The bschool process, with four or more essays, interviews, work experience, etc is about getting to know a three dimensional person and what they can bring to the table as a leader and team member, and while I am currently 0-2 on admissions, I think it is a far better process than just plugging in GPA and GMAT.

If it's any consolation given the way that the JD/MBA rejections seem to have come out as a group on sunday it probably had something to do with the JD program, not your 3d personality.

I think GMAT score is only really really important if you're like me: I need to demonstrate that I can succeed despite my terrible UG gpa, so I needed a big number.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Schools: Yale SOM '11

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2009, 09:33
yellowjacket wrote:
Anyone know what time everyone's status will be updated tomorrow? I think I remember reading 9am Central time somewhere, but I'm not sure

I can't imagine there's too many admits left to be sent out but there's still 24 hours left. :pray

ding's have started up over at BW

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 119 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2009, 09:36
The suspense is killing me. I feel like every day is an episode of "Running Man"...

Kudos [?]: 119 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 06 Jan 2009, 09:36

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  80   81   82   83   84  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: aeropower, OasisGC, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap