It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 11:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 76 [1], given: 0

Schools: Berkeley Haas
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2008, 15:34
This post received
KUDOS
atlmba2009 wrote:
Well guys, I was in a work-related class all day (an awful, boring class), and came home to find the dreaded "Application Unknown" status waiting for me.

I logged back in a minute or two later, and got the ding. :(

I am very disappointed because Kellogg was my top choice, but at least I can take solace in the fact that I really put my best effort into the application. Oh well, I wish you all the best of luck with Kellogg, as well as with your remaining apps.

Time to ramp up my R2 apps!

Sorry to hear that man...Hope you get into your next school of choice..Good luck....

Kudos [?]: 76 [1], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 765 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2008, 16:12
mindruna wrote:
I'm still a little forum shy. ; )

F/29/730/6WE/Government

Congrats...nice to see more government people getting in here.

Guys, the waiting has just begun. Kellogg's way of admitting people is great for some (those that get in early in the process) and very painful for others (people who dont find out until decision day).

I only know of a few people who were R3 admits, R2 definitely is the largest pool since its when the majority of applicants ares admitted, it also has better yield than R1. R1 is probably the "easiest" to get in during but thats not saying much considering that the admit rate will be in the mid teens this year.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Schools: Wharton, Booth

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2008, 19:24
Dinged. Received the "status change" email @ 11:53 am CST.

Here's hoping Booth & Wharton pan out a bit better.

Congrats to those who've been admitted & best of luck to the rest who are waiting to hear.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2008, 19:40
coadman wrote:
Dinged. Received the "status change" email @ 11:53 am CST.

Here's hoping Booth & Wharton pan out a bit better.

Congrats to those who've been admitted & best of luck to the rest who are waiting to hear.

Coadman,

Sorry to hear that. Hang in there, and best of luck.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Schools: HBS, Kellogg (i/v ed), Tuck(Ding), Duke (admitted), Ross

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2008, 19:55
This post received
KUDOS
atlmba2009 wrote:
Well guys, I was in a work-related class all day (an awful, boring class), and came home to find the dreaded "Application Unknown" status waiting for me.

I logged back in a minute or two later, and got the ding. :(

!

Atlmba2009, sorry to hear that. best of luck with your other applications.

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 3: 740 Q40 V50
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 5: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 6: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 9: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 11: 500 Q47 V33
GMAT 14: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2008, 19:58
For those that received dings - I'm sorry, but wish you the best of luck with your other schools and R2.

For the admits, congratulations! You're so lucky to have the pressure off your shoulders so early in the process.

And for those of us waiting, don't wear out the F5 key!

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2008, 20:38
Hello all! I'm kinda new to this board but an R1 applicant too. I have a question concerning admit call. Since I'm asian and it's 12 hours different between our times i.e. 3-5pm there would be 3-5am for me, will the adcom call me between those time or the alumni in my local area will be notified first and then he/she will call me? I cannot sleep well for a month now hoping for a phone call at 3-5am :(

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 139 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2008, 20:40
Any word on new admits? Are they still making calls or is the approach all email/website now?

I'm taking what River said to heart - this could be a long process, I think it's time to take the foot off the adrenaline pedal and wait for a result.

Current Student

Schools: INSEAD Jan09 (matriculating), HBS (R1 dinged), Wharton(R1 dinged), Columbia Jan09 (dinged), Kellogg (dinged)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2008, 21:08
this wait sux..

I thought I was confident about my chances at Kellogg (good essay, good interview, and good vibe from adcom about official transcripts)... but I am dejected now......I now only check to see if my status is 'cannot be determined' or not.

-will

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2008, 21:21
WillAsher wrote:
this wait sux..

I thought I was confident about my chances at Kellogg (good essay, good interview, and good vibe from adcom about official transcripts)... but I am dejected now......I now only check to see if my status is 'cannot be determined' or not.

-will

its been a week. If this is stressing you wait until you go to school and recruiting starts.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 12

Schools: Chicago Booth '11

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2008, 07:22
So far from our official stats we are 1/5, 20% acceptance rate.

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 12

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Schools: Georgetown '11

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2008, 07:29
the carnage the last few days has been brutal to watch. I'm sorry to hear about everyone who got dinged. For those still waiting, maybe we survived a round of cuts here? I haven't seen many admits in the last 2 days.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross '11

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2008, 07:31
Control what you can control...the time to have stressed about this was over the summer when you still had input in the decision.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2008, 07:39
zmfatla wrote:
Control what you can control...the time to have stressed about this was over the summer when you still had input in the decision.

I don't know about everyone else here, but I'm confident in my ability to handle basically any situation as long as I can effect the outcome. once things get outside my control....that's a whole other story.

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2008, 07:46
zmfatla wrote:

I think this is a good theory to live by, but in practice it is not always easy. When the next two years of my life (in terms of location, work, etc) are riding on the 4 R1 applications I submitted, I don't think it is unreasonable to be a little stressed about it...

That said - I am trying my best to remain "unstressed". :wink:

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2008, 07:46
Sleepy wrote:
zmfatla wrote:

I don't know about everyone else here, but I'm confident in my ability to handle basically any situation as long as I can effect the outcome. once things get outside my control....that's a whole other story.

All we can do in life is influence where we want to go, but the one thing we can absolutely control is how we handle where we end up.
That's my $0.02 anyway.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2008, 08:41
Have international candidates also started receiving decisions or have all the decisions been till now for US candidates ?

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 245 [0], given: 17

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2008, 09:02
zmfatla wrote:

It's a great philosophy, and reminds me of what people told me when I was stressing out about decisions. I think that the personality of many applicants to top programs though is to prefer to be in a position of being able to influence outcomes, rather than just waiting for others to make a decision. Completely agree we all had our opportunity to influence the outcome through preparing good apps and interviews, but now that there's nothing to do but wait it's not a comfortable position to be in.

Kudos [?]: 245 [0], given: 17

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2008, 09:09
if we didn't want to be making decisions we wouldn't want MBA's, right?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2008, 09:56
Can someone add my name to the list of the applicants in the first round? I'd like to be a part of the Kellogg statistics :-) I guess it's not fair that I follow this forum the way I have for the past 2 days (I'm glued to it) and not participate.

While I thought I had an excellent profile, I've been burned by W and Columbia already this year, so this outcome assumes certain significance for me in terms of validating my story. All the best to everyone.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 11 Dec 2008, 09:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  46   47   48   49   50  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap