Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:46 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Engineering
Schools:HBS, MIT, Kellogg, Ross
GMAT 2: 680  Q47  V36
GPA: 4.98
WE 1: 2.5 years in Operations
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: USMC
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Darden '12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA Lv 3, Professional Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, Marketing
Schools:Wharton (R2 Ding after interview), Booth (Ding after interview), Kellogg (R2 JD/MBA WL)
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: Environmental Engineering Consultant
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink]
Long time lurker here. JD/MBA applicant still waiting for that call ><
Canadian/Chinese/25/M/760/ Chem.Eng. (3.7) Econ(3.7) Master of Engineering(3.7) All top Canadian University
3yr WE in Large Engineering Consulting/Defined career path as director of China office after JD/MBA.
Interviewed with Booth and Wharton, both R2.

The wait is killing me...I wished Kellogg would just kill me with one shot, instead of a month of torture...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [2]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
OK, wearing my moderator hat now. If you are new to the board, before you ask everyone to post their status and background, read through the thread. This information is already there (hint: check the first page), and asking everyone to repost is pretty close to spamming the boards.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Stanford(R2), Haas(R1-WL), Kellog(R1 Accepted), MIT(R1-dinged), Ross(R1-WL but declined)
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Hey Everyone,

My wife just got the acceptance letter yesterday!!
We are soooo excited. We thought it was a long shot but we made it through!!

She applied in R2 after I was admitted. I was also waiting on my Haas results but unless she also
gets into Haas with me (which is close to impossible) I will be heading to Kellogg.

Congrats to all the admitted people and see you all in Evanston!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
ding :cry: i was a re-applicant this year

have been intermittently lurking this forum. my profile: F/27/740/avg GPA/good ECs/3+ years in consulting

Good luck to the rest!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, International Business, Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
 Q48  V36
Send PM
How are you all finding out about the dings( email or status check page)?

Any MMM applicants other than hatchi4u heard from the adcom? I see only one MMM admit in R2 - Stonana

Jerz wrote:
OK, wearing my moderator hat now. If you are new to the board, before you ask everyone to post their status and background, read through the thread. This information is already there (hint: check the first page), and asking everyone to repost is pretty close to spamming the boards.

I agree with Jerz. It's better if we update the status in the first page. That way it's easy to keep track
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Still Waiting ... 25/M/680/ Top 5 ( the same school NishantG Went to :-) ) ... / 2 Yrs consulting , 1.5 Entrepreneurship + Public Policy .. Alum Interview India
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
ding

27/M/650 GMAT/ BSEE 3.0/ MS Applied Math 4.0/ Multiple EC/ Started my own company
my interview went really well also, kinda surprised about the ding, but maybe it was my low GMAT score (although i figured my 4.0 in applied math at graduate level would void that). I guess I really dont care, Booth is my first choice anyways. GOod luck everyone

im in at columbia and lbs
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
Jerz wrote:

Just to follow up on this, this board is WAY to much like BW for my liking, and, quite frankly, has a much different tone than past years. Obvious questions are asked again and again ($$ only in first call?), and the "congrats , bschbound! Can you please share your industry/stats?" posts make my skin crawl.

Now, I don't have much experience in GMAT Club outside of the Kellogg threads and way too much time in chat, primarily last year, but there was definitely a vibe in those threads that mirrors a lot of the Kellogg culture. Namely, pulling your weight (reading up on stuff instead of asking questions that have been asked a million times), genuinely supporting a teammate (congratulating without selfishly mining for info for yourself), and being receptive to the truth, no matter how unpleasant (it's random rolling admissions - THERE IS NO PATTERN).

The board this year is increasingly nothing like that, and that's a shame.

(I know it's probably because GMAT Club is getting every bigger, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, or keep visiting - except when procrastinating during finals that is!)

EDIT: Update https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-kellogg-fall-2010-applicants-78734.html?view-post=701549#p701549.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Consulting ,Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg (2Y - Waitlisted), Anderson(ADMITTED),UCI(ADMITTED with $$$), Booth R2 ADMITTED)
Send PM
JoeMahmah, my profile is 28/IT software industry/3.6/680 /India engineering degree/7 yrs experience
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg, Booth, Columbia
 Q44  V44
WE 1: Consumer research
Send PM
nishantg wrote:
(Still waiting, of course... 28/M/720/4 WE/Top-5 grad/Product Mgmt)

I wanted to get some thoughts on this: I attended grad school at a top-5 univ, which does not grant *official* GPAs...and this wording is listed on the official transcripts. However, a calculated value is provided by the univ on the *unofficial* transcript. Therefore, while filing up my data forms for Kellogg, I did _not_ include any GPA. My unofficial GPA was 3.7. Do you think this matters at all? or that I should have included it? I know it won't make any difference now, but just wanted to see how others handled similar situations (if applicable). My undergrad percentage wasn't great.

Thanks!

whatever unofficial GPA may be :), i don't have any GPA on my transcripts. The adcom told me that "only applicants whose grades are compiled in a grade point average system need provide a value in the field of the application requesting GPA."
So i guess it's no crisis that you didn't report yours...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
dinged: received a status check email.
please update the list.

M/29/710/WE6 (Marketing consulting -4/IT 2)

nath99
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got the admit call on Tuesday - I am really excited! I am 26/F/700/3.7 top university/4 WE - entrepreneur + 3 yrs top i-bank (2 yrs US, 1 yr international), 1 year corp. development

Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Ding. I am so sad.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: LSAT - 171
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Booth (R2, reapplicant from R3 '09), Kellogg (R2, JD/MBA, reapplicant from R3 '09), Haas (R3)
 Q48  V48
GPA: 3.29
WE 1: 5 yrs global telecommunications
Send PM
Updated for anyone that cares through now. I have an update for the Roll Call page (names, profiles if given) for a mod if they want to update the 1st page, no need to re-post here.

Round 2 GMATClub Stats:
Total Applicants 158
Admits: 28 (18%)
Waitlist: 0
Dings: 46
Unknown: 84

(Week 1, Mon: 3/8) Admit: 0, Ding: 2, WL: 0
(Week 1, Tues: 3/9) Admit: 6, Ding: 4, WL: 0
(Week 1, Wed: 3/10) Admit: 5, Ding: 6, WL: 0
(Week 1, Thur: 3/11) Admit: 2, Ding: 12, WL: 0
(Week 1, Fri: 3/12) Admit: 8, Ding: 5, WL: 0

(Week 2, Mon: 3/15) Admit: 1, Ding: 4, WL: 0
(Week 2, Tues: 3/16) Admit: 3, Ding: 7, WL: 0
(Week 2, Wed: 3/17) Admit: 2, Ding: 4, WL: 0
(Week 2, Thur: 3/18) Admit: 1, Ding: 2, WL: 0
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:MIT
 Q50  V46
Send PM
Kudos
monkbent wrote:
Just to follow up on this, this board is WAY to much like BW for my liking, and, quite frankly, has a much different tone than past years. Obvious questions are asked again and again ($$ only in first call?), and the "congrats , bschbound! Can you please share your industry/stats?" posts make my skin crawl.

Now, I don't have much experience in GMAT Club outside of the Kellogg threads and way too much time in chat, primarily last year, but there was definitely a vibe in those threads that mirrors a lot of the Kellogg culture. Namely, pulling your weight (reading up on stuff instead of asking questions that have been asked a million times), genuinely supporting a teammate (congratulating without selfishly mining for info for yourself), and being receptive to the truth, no matter how unpleasant (it's random rolling admissions - THERE IS NO PATTERN).

The board this year is increasingly nothing like that, and that's a shame.

(I know it's probably because GMAT Club is getting every bigger, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, or keep visiting - except when procrastinating during finals that is!)

EDIT: Update https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-kellogg-fall-2010-applicants-78734.html?view-post=701549#p701549.

DISCLAIMER: I wasn't on these b-school app boards last year, so this is just my uninformed opinion :wink:
I sort of see what you're saying. The GMAT section of this site is much for supportive and friendly. I had dismissed the difference thinking that that section has to do with test-taking (more objective questions and answers) and this section is about applying and competing with one another.

In any case, the problem probably is exactly what you mentioned - GMATClub is growing. Like any growing community, the newcomers are not familiar with the norms, customs, vibes.... and as transient visitors they're not interested in forming bonds. Support and encouragement comes only if the members feel attached to the site and to one another.

IMHO only GMATClub is in a position to make that happen. A growing community has to be guided and shaped. We have excellent and active moderators, but most of them are applicants too. Perhaps if former applicants / current students could be persuaded by the founders to be more active?
For example, there have been TONS of posts like "please post your stats" over and over again. One reason is that the info is not in the profile (new member, etc etc). Another is that nobody said not to do that the first time. Asking for stats (IMHO) is not bad in and of itself. It does suck when that is all we see on the thread, that is all anyone wants to know, and the moderator finds it all the more difficult to update.
This is not a ding on Jerz or any of the moderators. I'm just saying that perhaps they (and the founders) need to have a discussion on how proactive they want to be.

I think people got upset with your post because it seems like (not saying it is, but it seems like) you were making a value judgement on the characters and quality of applicants this year.
It sounded like you were saying "gosh all these new people have no idea what Kellogg is like and don't belong here".
We're all super anxious. Seeing a pattern in the admits eases (? or does it ?) some of that anxiety because you have *something* to hold on to. Of course the anxiety is infectious and a 100 anxious people on this site, constantly posting how they *STILL* haven't got a call.... well you know what happens.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Well, this had to happen sometime. It has been a long time since i did this, but I have deactivated two user accounts -- chewie and all.

If you cannot respect the current students, you are not welcome here. I am really sorry, I cannot permit such behavior. This forum is what it is because of its contributors. Listen to what members from previous years have to say. We owe them a debt of gratitude and the least we can do is to respect them.

Please let us get back on topic - if your comments are addressed to one person, please use the private message function.

You are welcome to disagree, but getting personal about what are genuine concerns is unnecessary and rude.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the call !!!!! I am in.

Stats: Brazilian / 26M / 780 / 3.9 GPA Top 5 / 2 years MC WE / Solid ECs

Good luck to all of those who are still waiting
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  112   113   114   115   116  ...  136