Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 12:46 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 12:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:HBS (dinged w/o int), Stanford, Wharton (int), Booth (dinged aft int), Kellogg (admitted)
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Commercial Bank, 4 years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Tuck Class of 2013
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
nyahchen wrote:
Hi all, Chinese applicant here. 4 of us (including myself) have seen the admitted msg on status check page today. But no email or phone call has been received yet.

I suppose this still confirms we are in......

Lucky bastard ! ;-) congratulations!

I am still waiting.... :-(

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: IT Strategy
Schools:Booth R2, Kellogg R2 (W/L - withdrawn)
 Q49  V47
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Big 4 IT Auditing
Send PM
Fishbed wrote:
pursuit2011 wrote:
just got the "the system is unable to determine.." msg. checked earlier and it was "application is complete'. anybody has the same issue?

Same here...

Maybe you guys are about to be admitted (like the people in China who got a status change today). I still have the "all elements of your application are complete..." status.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
nyahchen wrote:
Hi all, Chinese applicant here. 4 of us (including myself) have seen the admitted msg on status check page today. But no email or phone call has been received yet.

Well done and welcome. You must be over the moon. Are other Chinese K admits also mostly in Banking/MC in Shanghai? I recall that there was at least another SH based admit. Have you applied to other BSchools and do you enrol at K?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:HBS (dinged w/o int), Stanford, Wharton (int), Booth (dinged aft int), Kellogg (admitted)
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Commercial Bank, 4 years
Send PM
Jock4MBA wrote:
nyahchen wrote:

Well done and welcome. You must be over the moon. Are other Chinese K admits also mostly in Banking/MC in Shanghai? I recall that there was at least another SH based admit. Have you applied to other BSchools and do you enrol at K?

Thanks. It's 1am here in Shanghai.
I think most china admits are from the finance sector.
I'm waiting for Wharton's final call tomorrow...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
So.... Historically, does anyone know what has happened to people like us who have an undetermined status still towards the end of the round? Does Kellogg do another round of dings?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
quos wrote:
So.... Historically, does anyone know what has happened to people like us who have an undetermined status still towards the end of the round? Does Kellogg do another round of dings?

I have seen atleast a few pages back in this thread one applicant subsequently got a WL.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Fishbed wrote:
quos wrote:

I have seen atleast a few pages back in this thread one applicant subsequently got a WL.

This seems totally different than round 1. In Round 1, all of the waitlists were notified on the last day (with a sprinkling of admits and dings on the last day as well). The days leading up to that were made up of a mix of admits and dings.

This round, we started off with admits and dings last week, then got a ton of waitlists Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday (today) it looks like the only status changes were to "admit" for international applications. There are still a bunch of us who haven't heard. It's hard to know what to think.
Intern
Intern
quos wrote:

quos since when is your status undetermined ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
driege wrote:
Fishbed wrote:
quos wrote:

This seems totally different than round 1. In Round 1, all of the waitlists were notified on the last day (with a sprinkling of admits and dings on the last day as well). The days leading up to that were made up of a mix of admits and dings.

This round, we started off with admits and dings last week, then got a ton of waitlists Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday (today) it looks like the only status changes were to "admit" for international applications. There are still a bunch of us who haven't heard. It's hard to know what to think.

I am an international, got a status change, please give me an admit! :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
quos wrote:

I have to assume the handful of people left are on the border of waitlist and admit and are being re-reviewed for a final decision. I doubt they would spend too much time analyzing between a waitlist or ding (why not just waitlist then?) and I doubt they just haven't had a chance to get to ours at the bottom of the pile (btw I interviewed back in November), so I believe of those of us left some will get a call/status update to admit and some will get waitlisted. Since we are not part of the big wave of decisions, the status change can come at any time, not necessarily at 3am anymore, as others have reported over the last few days.

Unfortunately this is making me even more crazy as I now am checking my status multiple times a day instead of just when I wake up in the morning :roll:
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Michmax3 wrote:
I have to assume the handful of people left are on the border of waitlist and admit and are being re-reviewed for a final decision. I doubt they would spend too much time analyzing between a waitlist or ding (why not just waitlist then?) and I doubt they just haven't had a chance to get to ours at the bottom of the pile (btw I interviewed back in November), so I believe of those of us left some will get a call/status update to admit and some will get waitlisted. Since we are not part of the big wave of decisions, the status change can come at any time, not necessarily at 3am anymore, as others have reported over the last few days.

Unfortunately this is making me even more crazy as I now am checking my status multiple times a day instead of just when I wake up in the morning :roll:

I still don't think there have been any confirmed status changes other than very early morning. People have just reported on here at different times.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
artisto wrote:
quos wrote:

quos since when is your status undetermined ?

Mine is not undetermined. What I meant was, it has not changed from the standard message we all have. Oh well, fun times. :P
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ok so I got the "undetermined" message this morning:

Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

The system is unable to determine your current status, please contact the admissions office at 847-491-3308 or mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information.

Has anyone figured out what this means yet? I called admissions but they told me to email so I emailed and haven't gotten a response yet...
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Michmax3 wrote:
I have to assume the handful of people left are on the border of waitlist and admit and are being re-reviewed for a final decision. I doubt they would spend too much time analyzing between a waitlist or ding (why not just waitlist then?) and I doubt they just haven't had a chance to get to ours at the bottom of the pile (btw I interviewed back in November), so I believe of those of us left some will get a call/status update to admit and some will get waitlisted.

If what you are saying is true (we are on the border between waitlist and admit), I wonder if that means we would be the first people off the waitlist if we do get waitlisted. I know they claim not to rank waitlist candidates, but that seems unbelievable to me. They have to have some idea which people on the waitlist are closest to being admitted.

I would do anything for an admit - I'm already waitlisted at the only other school I applied and I'm tired of the waiting.
Intern
Intern
btmlee wrote:
Ok so I got the "undetermined" message this morning:

Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

The system is unable to determine your current status, please contact the admissions office at 847-491-3308 or mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information.

Has anyone figured out what this means yet? I called admissions but they told me to email so I emailed and haven't gotten a response yet...

btmlee same thing for me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ding!

Time to move on. Wish everyone who is waiting some better news! :-D
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V47
Send PM
artisto wrote:
btmlee same thing for me.

Sorry I missed your PM in chat. My status does not say that. I am still "all required elements...".
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  169   170   171   172   173  ...  179   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts