Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
GRE 1: Q168 V157
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
delete.

Originally posted by Anon16001 on 19 May 2020, 20:11.
Last edited by Anon16001 on 19 May 2020, 20:14, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
This is starting to look like a Trump tweet storm folks.......we can barely tolerate that orange ?...don’t be like him ...hehe

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
you are right. I should sound more like joe biden.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am afraid you lack emotional intelligence. Everyone’s path is different. Everyone’s application and story is different. Just because someone has a 3.1 GPA or a sub 600 GMAT doesn’t mean they are not qualified to be at a certain school. That’s not how applicants are analysed. That’s not how life is in general. The sooner you learn this the better. Now please stop throwing a temper tantrum and turning this thread into a twitter TL.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
agree and disagree. I dont think anyone with below 600 should be allowed into a top mba program. If they cannot crack above 30% percentile in the test how the hell are they going to compete in classes. GPA is different since different schools have different standards.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
to play a devil's advocate, I guess if they are a foreign and scored high q and low verbal -that can be justified since verbal can be hard for foreigners.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CR/RC can be tough if you dont speak the language, no matter how much effort you put in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Please stop. For all of us our sake. Please stop

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Seriously dude this rant isn’t going to make the adcom’s decision come any faster, it’s out of your hands now. For your sake, I hope they don’t look at this board.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
does Kellogg have good resources for your partner(s)?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
theoryguy wrote:
Seriously dude this rant isn’t going to make the adcom’s decision come any faster, it’s out of your hands now. For your sake, I hope they don’t look at this board.

Haha!! I hope that we all hear soon. Good News! ;-)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wonder what percent of the class is filled? They have 474 students, which means they extend offer to around 1k applicants. GMAT decision tracker has about 150 acceptances...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
4 out of 5 of their applicants get rejected during normal times. I wonder if that number is lower or higher now with everything going on
Intern
Intern
Send PM
IMO people flooded with the apps hence not everyone is getting interview. Genius move by adcoms to waive gmat. No wonder they are a top marketting school
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [2]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
SikiminBashi wrote:
4 out of 5 of their applicants get rejected during normal times. I wonder if that number is lower or higher now with everything going on

Here's my clinical answer.

I can only assume that (i) they got a bajillion re-applicants when they re-opened applications to those who were denied R1 and R2, and (ii) they got a bajillion more when they said the were giving GMAT waivers.

I would assume the % admitted is much lower. Yet, I would assume they're managing current / future admits this year to protect their yield. I would suspect they're doing something like what follows below:

I'm assuming that, now, they're giving everyone a very (!) quick glance to see if there is anything (GPA / UG school, GMAT, former / current employers, former / current roles (or production / performance), or other graduate degrees (i.e., they already have their JD) that would make them really stand out ... then, they glance quickly through the application package ... and, if they stood out in a good way -- and -- articulated their story well ... then, these people are given an interview.

If they don't soil themselves in the interview, they get strong consideration for an offer ... and their application gets read by many prior to a decision.

Then, from this group, offers are extended and some are accepted ... and some declined. For each one that's accepted, the number of admits in the next iteration is reduced by two.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Until the class is full.

So, anyone who doesn't pretty quickly rise above the half-way mark is being put on hold (at least for the time being) ... so ... (unfortunately) if your application has been in for a while and you've not heard anything, while I'd wish for different for you, I would assume you should not wait around too long on Kellogg.

If you've relatively recently sent your stuff in, you may have been set aside like those who've had their stuff in for a while ... or ... they've just not gotten to you yet (again, I'm assuming there are two bajillion new applications to wade through).

You may have an AWESOME story, and good measurables ... but, maybe they way you told your story just didn't resonate with the adcom who read it. It doesn't take away from the quality of your background or the awesome things you will accomplish in the future.

This whole MBA admit process is a very (!!!) inexact science. It's horribly emotional for everyone (including adcom members, I assume). Hold your head up high and understand some committee somewhere doesn't dictate your worth -- just whether or not you have a chance to go to their school ... and remember, there are a nearly infinite number of successful people who never attended their employer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Regenerate wrote:
SikiminBashi wrote:

Here's my clinical answer.

I can only assume that (i) they got a bajillion re-applicants when they re-opened applications to those who were denied R1 and R2, and (ii) they got a bajillion more when they said the were giving GMAT waivers.

I would assume the % admitted is much lower. Yet, I would assume they're managing current / future admits this year to protect their yield. I would suspect they're doing something like what follows below:

I'm assuming that, now, they're giving everyone a very (!) quick glance to see if there is anything (GPA / UG school, GMAT, former / current employers, former / current roles (or production / performance), or other graduate degrees (i.e., they already have their JD) that would make them really stand out ... then, they glance quickly through the application package ... and, if they stood out in a good way -- and -- articulated their story well ... then, these people are given an interview.

If they don't soil themselves in the interview, they get strong consideration for an offer ... and their application gets read by many prior to a decision.

Then, from this group, offers are extended and some are accepted ... and some declined. For each one that's accepted, the number of admits in the next iteration is reduced by two.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Until the class is full.

So, anyone who doesn't pretty quickly rise above the half-way mark is being put on hold (at least for the time being) ... so ... (unfortunately) if your application has been in for a while and you've not heard anything, while I'd wish for different for you, I would assume you should not wait around too long on Kellogg.

If you've relatively recently sent your stuff in, you may have been set aside like those who've had their stuff in for a while ... or ... they've just not gotten to you yet (again, I'm assuming there are two bajillion new applications to wade through).

You may have an AWESOME story, and good measurables ... but, maybe they way you told your story just didn't resonate with the adcom who read it. It doesn't take away from the quality of your background or the awesome things you will accomplish in the future.

This whole MBA admit process is a very (!!!) inexact science. It's horribly emotional for everyone (including adcom members, I assume). Hold your head up high and understand some committee somewhere doesn't dictate your worth -- just whether or not you have a chance to go to their school ... and remember, there are a nearly infinite number of successful people who never attended their employer.

I agree that they might have a received a lot of new applicants because of completely waiving GMAT/GRE, however, they will definitely filter out applicants looking at their quant/verbal background, however, I think the general industry is slowly moving away from standardized tests, I don't anticipate seeing GMAT/GRE in 10-15 years time. People have cracked the exam, specially students in India and China have done exceptionally well in these exams. Universities are looking for holistic ways to evaluate students.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM