Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Kudos
PeripateticNomad wrote:
Wanted to re-confirm interest. Said they had sent out a questionnaire to all admitted students to determine how many spots were left (or basically how many people are deferring or withdrawing). Said they should know by the end of the month how much space there is.

Posted from my mobile device

The questionnaire deadline was yesterday so you should be hearing soon. The email said they want to finalize the class by July 31 so it might be tight turnaround on confirming your enrollment.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Anyone hear back???????
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
KingK0ng wrote:
Anyone hear back???????

nothing from me since interview. no reject or WL..

are you international or domestic and when did you finish your interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
anyone have a sense of how many deferrals, if any, kellogg granted?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1376

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Business Development (Transportation)
Send PM
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1391
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 697
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
Send PM
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1394
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 2.82
Send PM
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1395
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Can you please elaborate on Q9? What kind of things?

royalpranjal wrote:
My interview took place at 11:30 pm IST with a member of the admissions team (who was also an alum).

Interview was friendly and the interviewer had a good vibe about her.

I was slightly nervous because the stakes were so high. As a result, I think performance was kinda ok.

Questions:-
1. Tell me about your undergrad.
2. Tell me about your work history.
3. Goals & why MBA/
4. What if you don't get your post-MBA goal?
5. Why Kellogg?
6. Tell me about a time when you worked in teams.
7. How would you describe your leadership style?
8. Help me understand what you do in your job.
9. Anything you want me to discuss (I mentioned 3)
10. Any questions for me?

Total time - 30 minutes (including the questions I had for her).
She said it would take 30 minutes and it did!

I think the interview ended on time (30 mins) probably because it was already midnight here in India.

Tip -
1. The interview will happen via Zoom, so, pre-select "Touch up my video". It'll make you look fresh!
2. Be prepared for a random order of questioning (i.e the interview might not always be in a flow; there might be abrupt change of topics).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GRE 1: Q167 V167
Send PM
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1422
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40 (Online)
GPA: 2.5
Send PM
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1456
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Oh my gosh - I am so sorry to hear about your experience! Honestly, this would be a turn-off about Kellogg for me (though the other students / alums I've interacted with have not acted this way). There are so many thoughts I have about your interviewer, but I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and think that he is trying to help you get in... All in all, whatever happens after you get your decision, I would let the Admissions office know about this experience. I don't know if they get feedback on their alum interviewers at all, and based on my experience as an applicant and an alum interviewer for another school, regardless of your resume, I don't think Kellogg would endorse this type of interviewer behavior.

Best of luck to you!!!! I don't know how much weight is actually placed on the interview. Your interviewer doesn't have access to the rest of your application, so he could be totally wrong about your chances of getting in!!!

This user wants to stay Private wrote:
**BIG YIKES**

I had my interview with an Alumni off-site in LatAm. We coordinated to meet at a Starbucks at 8 am for a 30-45min interview. It lasted around two hours. I bought his coffee and got myself a green tea. As I sat down, he opened his laptop and started working, saying he had some essential emails to send. I sat still and didn't go on my phone while I waited. He then lowered his screen and asked me:

"Ok, so I barely read your resume. Can you talk a little bit about yourself and walk me through it?"

As I started to talk, he interrupted me and decided to introduce himself first. He spoke about his education, work experience, travels, family, and current ambitions for the following ten minutes. I made a couple of jokes trying to engage in his narrative, but he dismissed them quickly.

He then received a call from his wife and spoke on the phone for two min and continued to send emails. Once again, I sat there politely without checking my phone, just sippin my tea.

Finally, It was my turn to speaks:

-Could you walk me through your resume? A bunch of follow-up questions about my previous work experience. It turns out his wife used to work at my last company. He made me go into detail about my life post my COVID-Lay off.
-Why do you want to get an MBA now?
-Why Kellogg? Follow up question: What clubs and activities do you plan to join?
-What is your dream post MBA, and how will Kellogg help you achieve it?
-What are your immediate goals post, Kellogg? Follow-up: do those companies recruit Kellogg students?

His wife calls again. He doesn't pick up but starts texting and prompts me to continue speaking as he could "multi-task." He then opened his computer to take notes and mentioned he would skip some questions because I had already answered them. Up until then, I thought He was a little rude, but we were vibing. He was smiling and commenting positively on my responses. We continued:

-What was your GRE/GMAT score? Why did you get that score?
-Please give me an example where you made a mistake.
-Please give me an example of a time when you demonstrated leadership.
-Any questions for me? I asked him 3-4 questions about the Kellog culture, life as an alum, and what he considers a "successful" student. He barely answered them and then...

He said, listen, I will do my best, but frankly, there is not much I can do with what you gave me today. He asked if he could be acid with his comments, and I obviously agreed. For the following 45min, he started lecturing me on how I was not the right candidate for Kellogg:

-How I lacked confidence in my untraditional background.
-How he hoped my essays were better than my resume.
-How He had to study for two years for the GMAT before he got the score he wanted.
-How he doesn't care to understand ADHD or dyslexia, but on how she was sure if I made a little bit more of an effort, I could get a higher score and overcome MY disabilities.
-He commented on my appearance and said I looked terrific.
-He said that my resume did not display my wholeness as a person/applicant.
-He recommended that I withdrew my application and retook the GRE/GMAT so that I had a better chance of getting in next year.
-How he thought that I should work on my start-ups more before going to business school (bruh, that's why I am trying to go to business school)
-He told me that I had wasted my time applying. He said if you want to go to Kellogg, withdraw, give me a call next year, and I can help you with your essays. I hope you will have something more to show by then.
-He flexed that out of the 18 applicants he interviews per year, at least seven get in.

He made me feel like the smallest person in the room. I had to contain myself from crying. He was ranting so hard, everyone around us kept looking at our table. I continued to smile and agree with every stringent comment he made about me. SUPER TOUGH.

Finally got a text from his wife again saying she needed to borrow the car. I was so relieved it was over. He stood up, we shook hands, and He left.

I emailed him that night, thanking him for his time and for being so sincere with his comments. The thing is, I really want to go to Kellogg; I had to be nice. My hopes are not high anymore...
I hope this post serves as a consolation for anyone who feels they bummed their interview. LatAm applicants, hmu/comment if you haven't interviewed yet. I won't disclose my interviewer's name, but I can confirm if this guy is yours. Best of luck to y'all out there!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
7600000 wrote:
Oh my gosh - I am so sorry to hear about your experience! Honestly, this would be a turn-off about Kellogg for me (though the other students / alums I've interacted with have not acted this way). There are so many thoughts I have about your interviewer, but I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and think that he is trying to help you get in... All in all, whatever happens after you get your decision, I would let the Admissions office know about this experience. I don't know if they get feedback on their alum interviewers at all, and based on my experience as an applicant and an alum interviewer for another school, regardless of your resume, I don't think Kellogg would endorse this type of interviewer behavior.

Best of luck to you!!!! I don't know how much weight is actually placed on the interview. Your interviewer doesn't have access to the rest of your application, so he could be totally wrong about your chances of getting in!!!

**BIG YIKES**

I had my interview with an Alumni off-site in LatAm. We coordinated to meet at a Starbucks at 8 am for a 30-45min interview. It lasted around two hours. I bought his coffee and got myself a green tea. As I sat down, he opened his laptop and started working, saying he had some essential emails to send. I sat still and didn't go on my phone while I waited. He then lowered his screen and asked me:

"Ok, so I barely read your resume. Can you talk a little bit about yourself and walk me through it?"

As I started to talk, he interrupted me and decided to introduce himself first. He spoke about his education, work experience, travels, family, and current ambitions for the following ten minutes. I made a couple of jokes trying to engage in his narrative, but he dismissed them quickly.

He then received a call from his wife and spoke on the phone for two min and continued to send emails. Once again, I sat there politely without checking my phone, just sippin my tea.

-Could you walk me through your resume? A bunch of follow-up questions about my previous work experience. It turns out his wife used to work at my last company. He made me go into detail about my life post my COVID-Lay off.
-Why Kellogg? Follow up question: What clubs and activities do you plan to join?
-What are your immediate goals post, Kellogg? Follow-up: do those companies recruit Kellogg students?

His wife calls again. He doesn't pick up but starts texting and prompts me to continue speaking as he could "multi-task." He then opened his computer to take notes and mentioned he would skip some questions because I had already answered them. Up until then, I thought He was a little rude, but we were vibing. He was smiling and commenting positively on my responses. We continued:

-Any questions for me? I asked him 3-4 questions about the Kellog culture, life as an alum, and what he considers a "successful" student. He barely answered them and then...

He said, listen, I will do my best, but frankly, there is not much I can do with what you gave me today. He asked if he could be acid with his comments, and I obviously agreed. For the following 45min, he started lecturing me on how I was not the right candidate for Kellogg:

-How He had to study for two years for the GMAT before he got the score he wanted.
-How he doesn't care to understand ADHD or dyslexia, but on how she was sure if I made a little bit more of an effort, I could get a higher score and overcome MY disabilities.
-He recommended that I withdrew my application and retook the GRE/GMAT so that I had a better chance of getting in next year.
-How he thought that I should work on my start-ups more before going to business school (bruh, that's why I am trying to go to business school)
-He told me that I had wasted my time applying. He said if you want to go to Kellogg, withdraw, give me a call next year, and I can help you with your essays. I hope you will have something more to show by then.
-He flexed that out of the 18 applicants he interviews per year, at least seven get in.

He made me feel like the smallest person in the room. I had to contain myself from crying. He was ranting so hard, everyone around us kept looking at our table. I continued to smile and agree with every stringent comment he made about me. SUPER TOUGH.

Finally got a text from his wife again saying she needed to borrow the car. I was so relieved it was over. He stood up, we shook hands, and He left.

I emailed him that night, thanking him for his time and for being so sincere with his comments. The thing is, I really want to go to Kellogg; I had to be nice. My hopes are not high anymore...
I hope this post serves as a consolation for anyone who feels they bummed their interview. LatAm applicants, hmu/comment if you haven't interviewed yet. I won't disclose my interviewer's name, but I can confirm if this guy is yours. Best of luck to y'all out there!

OP I don’t think you should wait for your decision. You need to contact admissions ASAP with this information because this interview was entirely inappropriate. For one he should not have asked your gmat score because all Kellogg interviews are supposed to be blind. How old was this interviewer? Was it a recent alum? This was a completely rogue interview and you have every right to follow up with adcom before your decision date.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Kudos
Wanted to check in and see if you were able to reach out to the Admissions Office?

**BIG YIKES**

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [0]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1563
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 2.5
Send PM
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1589
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [2]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Kudos
That's really really sad. I don't know if you did this, but you should really email adcom about all this...

**BIG YIKES**

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts