GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2019, 02:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Michigan State University Broad 2011 Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Schools: MSU Broad $
Re: Calling all Michigan State University Broad 2011 Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2011, 20:26
I got the admit packet but no info on scholarships. Not sure if that just means perhaps that I didn't get any. Most, if not all, of my tuition should be covered under the GI Bill for Military. I figured they would have mentioned something about scholarship/fellowships, unless that comes seperately. Beyond that though the information was very enticing, and it was very well put together.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2011, 03:28
Hi All!

Just received the admit email from Paul! Nothing about scholarships in the email! Do we need to accept the admission decision to receive info about the scholarships? Any Indians on GMATCLUB who were admitted this year?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2011, 13:21
nikhilfotedar wrote:
Hi All!

Just received the admit email from Paul! Nothing about scholarships in the email! Do we need to accept the admission decision to receive info about the scholarships? Any Indians on GMATCLUB who were admitted this year?

Hey there congratulations. I recieved my admit a couple weeks ago, and just got financial information on Wednesday. Nothing about FA came in the admit packet, and I got an email from Admissions stating the info would be out in 7-10 days. Hope that helps. You should recieve a call pertaining to scholarships, grants, etc. I'm pumped, 90% sure I'm going to attend next fall. MSU was right around my #1 and after the FA I can't resist. Good luck
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2011, 12:34
Hi all.. I ve got an admit and got a call from Paul arnd last Tuesday regarding the scholarship. Nothing in the mail though. So I guess you will get a call / mail soon regarding this.

Congrats to all and all the best on the scholarships. :-D
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2011, 12:35
Hi.. Does anyone have any info about this year's placements at Broad ?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2011, 23:28
zaxonate47 wrote:
Hi all.. I ve got an admit and got a call from Paul arnd last Tuesday regarding the scholarship. Nothing in the mail though. So I guess you will get a call / mail soon regarding this.

Congrats to all and all the best on the scholarships. :-D

Congrats to you and thanks for the wishes! But did you have to pay the 500$ deposit for the scholarship details to be released or is it released regardless of whether you accept or not?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2011, 23:32
Thanks Nikhil.. No, I have not paid the deposit yet. They will say the scholarship details regardless of that. And it was likewise for another guy who got an admit and the scholarship and now chose not to get it.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2011, 00:04
zaxonate47 wrote:
Thanks Nikhil.. No, I have not paid the deposit yet. They will say the scholarship details regardless of that. And it was likewise for another guy who got an admit and the scholarship and now chose not to get it.

Thanks a lot for your replies! I was planning on taking up Broad only incase of a scholarship. Otherwise it would be too much of an investment from my side :) Its a fantastic school no doubt, but my career goals and the college placements + local economy would put me in a precarious situation post MBA. The scholarships will just help me reduce the risk to a very large extent!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2011, 04:59
Hi guys, What do you think about MSU Broad and PSU Smeal? I got admit from both MSU Broad and PSU Smeal. Both with enough financial aid to cover full tuition.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2011, 13:07
Depends on your situation, I'd look at the companies you want to work for and how they are recruited at both programs for internships and post mba jobs. Location is also a consideration. I was interested in Smeal but wanted to stay closer to the midwest, seems like a great program though. In my opinion MSU is on the rise and is one of the best public programs in the country. Of course I am biased because I am probably going there :) Looking forward to admit weekend
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2011, 08:44
@mbaanimal : mind posting ur profile? I am also IN! Got the schol packet today. Although the schol is insignificant, but the GA carrot given is enticing enough (incase I am reading the fine print properly :D )
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley, Tepper, Darden, Broad

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2011, 10:38
I am in:) New to this forum... International applicant (India) residing in the US...

Had been waitlisted on R1, n now happy to know that now I m in with some $$, no GA though:/
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2011, 12:12
Congrats Akshayram.

Nikhil, I'm a domestic applicant 630 GMAT, 3.1 gpa, military experience, breakdance skills
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2011, 12:49
Thanks Mbaanimal! I have not decided yet whether to come or not for the admit weekend... I stay in LaFayette, Georgia (yea proper countryside)... i did visit MSU for my interview, so have a fair idea abt the place... if i do decide to make it for the admiit weekend, hope to catch up there!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2011, 03:07
@akshayram86 : Mate, mind posting your profile? And have you heard anything about the placement scene for internationals, what with H1B fiasco?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2011, 05:56
@Nikhil - Here's my brief profile
B.Tech Mech Engg (NITT) 8.77/10, MS Industrial & Systems (Manufac. Sys) Virginia Tech
GMAT 720
2 yrs as Advanced Manufac Engr at GE Appliances & Lighting (6 months Graduate coop of those 2 yrs)

So yea, my work ex was the biggest downside on my application... Reflected on my only admit:)
N reg jobs, I have experienced the worst situation (2009) after my MS here, so I know its definitely not going to be easy for internationals, but, yea this time around I will be better prepared to face it!;) all i m trying to tell is, internationals definitely need to fight it out! But IMO Broad giving scholarships to everyone, is definitely one of the safer bets! I have also heard the job scene is pretty ok for internationals in the SCM concentration, also economy is improving, so let's hope for the best:)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2011, 23:01
@akshayram : the only thing scaring me is the fact that I have no interest nor any experience in SCM :) I am from the Banking industry and wish to return to it. Hence attending broad might seriously complicate matters for me. Are there any guys interested in Finance here?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: ASTL
Schools: MSU, UW, Yale
WE 1: 6yrs Shipping Industry

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2011, 02:48
hi nikhilfotedar, I'm also an international students. I heard from a current mba year one student that this year the summer internship situation is much better than last two years, even for international students. Up till now, 65%+ of the students got the intern offer. Indeed, the SCM concentration will be relatively easy to find a job, other major in finance/HR is also not bad this year.
Hope things wud get better and better when we graduate.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2011, 05:26
youngstercao wrote:
hi nikhilfotedar, I'm also an international students. I heard from a current mba year one student that this year the summer internship situation is much better than last two years, even for international students. Up till now, 65%+ of the students got the intern offer. Indeed, the SCM concentration will be relatively easy to find a job, other major in finance/HR is also not bad this year.
Hope things wud get better and better when we graduate.

Hi Youngstercao, I have been trying to get contacts of current students from Linkedin but most of the Eli Broad groups are locked. Can you please share the name of your contact? Or would it be possible for the student to come to GMATClub and answer our queries?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2011, 13:15
I got word from a year one marketing student that nearly all the markters have already accepted internships and most had multiple offers.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Michigan State University Broad 2011 Applicants   [#permalink] 31 Mar 2011, 13:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 55 posts ] 

Calling all Michigan State University Broad 2011 Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status