GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 05 Dec 2019, 17:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Re: Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2014, 10:26
FYI, got three marketing mails from MIT today ..
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2014, 10:42
rohanGmat wrote:
FYI, got three marketing mails from MIT today ..

Boy...do they rest at all? I get MIT emails pretty much everyday. I may take the interview invites (if I get one) for one of these emails and delete them!
Manager
Manager
Are you interested in a career in finance ? Looking for a curriculum t  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2014, 11:00
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Are you interested in a career in finance ? Looking for a curriculum that will help give you a quantitative edge? I want to let you know about our upcoming Master of Finance (MFin) Open House on November 13th happening here on campus!

The Master of Finance is a one-year, rigorous program perfect for individuals who want to prepare for a career in the finance sector. MFin students benefit from a collaborative student community, supportive career development office, flexible curriculum, Action Learning opportunities, and access to world-renowned faculty. Gain insight into the Program by reading this recent article.

This Open House is a great opportunity to ask all your pressing questions, and learn about the program from those who know it best—our current students.  As Florent Coeffic, MFin’13 describes, “there is more flexibility here than I realized, and much more interaction with the faculty.  Students are free to customize their learning experience by taking classes across programs…I think it illustrates the collaborative culture that is a hallmark of MIT Sloan.”  See what our students have to say about the program in the MFin student blogs.

Applications are due January 5th, 2015. Applicants who submit before December 1st qualify for a reduced application fee. Application fees are waived for current college seniors who are US citizens graduating from a US school in 2015 and for active US military personnel. I encourage you to check out our website for more information.

I hope you can attend the MFin Open House!

Dawna Levenson, Director, MIT Sloan Admissions

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.62
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2014, 18:25
Oddly, I haven't received any MIT marketing emails like some of you. If MIT is on the same schedule this year as they were last year then it may be interview invite galore tomorrow (hopefully).
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2014, 22:09
Wound up at an info session today. Associate Admissions Director said interview invites for the northeast will start Monday and roll out over the course of the next 3 weeks (in no order of priority, just in order read). The only invites sent so far are for interviews he's doing next week in LA. Good luck everyone!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Human Resources, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 05:51
Got another marketing e-mail from MIT today, seriously Sloan!?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 05:52
Zrostert wrote:
Wound up at an info session today. Associate Admissions Director said interview invites for the northeast will start Monday and roll out over the course of the next 3 weeks (in no order of priority, just in order read). The only invites sent so far are for interviews he's doing next week in LA. Good luck everyone!

You are the man! Thanks for freeing us from checking our email every 30 minutes today!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.64
WE: Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 06:50
so bizarre to do regional invites and interviews...who else does that? What if you're from LA but want to interview on campus?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 07:05
Zrostert wrote:

How's situation going outside US?? Invites start to send out from next Monday?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Human Resources, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 07:08
I'm outside US and haven't heard anything.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GRE 1: Q161 V170
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 07:25
Monday makes sense, but I don't think I'm going to be checking my email any less...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 07:54
Nothing for me. I'm in Toronto Canada.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 07:55
And yes those emails are starting to get annoying lol. They get some sort of sick pleasure out of sending those :(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 07:55
And yes those emails are starting to get annoying lol. They get some sort of sick pleasure out of sending those :(
Intern
Intern
Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 10:16
alliatjtj wrote:
Zrostert wrote:

My sense was that rolling invites are a purely logistical division, sending out invites as apps are read X days before interviewing in Y city. The invites would correspond to the city you listed in your application as the location for your interview, so in that sense are divided regionally. The Cambridge/on-campus interviews for sure start Monday and will continue for 3 weeks. It sounded like others would start Monday as well, but I can't be certain from what he said. Take heart! Answers shall come soon, but such. a. long. wait.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 10:25
Zrostert wrote:
alliatjtj wrote:
Zrostert wrote:

My sense was that rolling invites are a purely logistical division, sending out invites as apps are read X days before interviewing in Y city. The invites would correspond to the city you listed in your application as the location for your interview, so in that sense are divided regionally. The Cambridge/on-campus interviews for sure start Monday and will continue for 3 weeks. It sounded like others would start Monday as well, but I can't be certain from what he said. Take heart! Answers shall come soon, but such. a. long. wait.

Makes sense. MIT only uses adcom to interview. There are no alumni or students involved (got this from an MIT web chat with an admissions officer).
Retired Moderator
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE: Consulting (Venture Capital)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 10:53
Zrostert wrote:

Thanks for sharing! I am a big fan of roller coasters, but 3 weeks non-stop on one will...well...we'll see.....good luck NE
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 11:17
goinggolfing wrote:
so bizarre to do regional invites and interviews...who else does that? What if you're from LA but want to interview on campus?

I guess does this mean you can't opt for on-campus interviews like other schools? I went back to my application and did note that Sloan asked you to fill out your location for interview purposes.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 12:18
Zrostert wrote:

I'm from LA and didn't get interview invite :/ Shiet.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Schools: Duke '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2014, 02:59
As per http://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/admissions/ ... on-events/
they are going to be in Mumbai, India on 13th Nov. for "MIT Sloan on the Road".
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017   [#permalink] 25 Oct 2014, 02:59

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  73    Next  [ 1450 posts ] 

Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Businessconquerer