Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:40 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [4]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [2]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [2]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hope we'll get to walk into that building for real some day. :)
Attachments

IMG_2552.jpg
IMG_2552.jpg [ 186.71 KiB | Viewed 51062 times ]

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
MV23 wrote:
Hope we'll get to walk into that building for real some day. :)

Amen! :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Is there any similar thread for MIT Sloan fellows program?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10021 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Unbroken
Unbroken wrote:
Is there any similar thread for MIT Sloan fellows program?

You can create one. Just paste the following code in first post to display applicant stats. PM me in case you face any troubles in starting the thread.
Code:
[school type="embeded_summary_table" id="6" year="2019" program_id="283" width="550" height="250"][/school]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Hi team

I have a query for MIT SLoan MSMS Program.

I am an Indian applicant (GMAT 730) and already have done an MBA in India through MDI Gurgaon (WE 6 Years). Is MSMS Program at MIT only with the partner schools or are students with prior MBA are eligible to apply ?

Couldn't find much about this on the website and hence any revert on this shall be very helpful. Also, is there any separate forum or discussion about MSMS Program (Batch size, Batch Profile, career services, Age, GMAT etc.) as i could not find such detail anywhere on the website separately.

Regards
Rakshit
Own Kudos [?]: 1971 [1]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Bookmarks
DigitsnLetters wrote:
Checking in!

+1 :-D

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q53 V36
GRE 1: Q170 V161
GPA: 3.65
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Where can I find the thread for MIT Sloan LGO Program Class of 2019 Intake?

Thanks in advance
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rakshitsharma1989 wrote:
Hi team

I have a query for MIT SLoan MSMS Program.

I am an Indian applicant (GMAT 730) and already have done an MBA in India through MDI Gurgaon (WE 6 Years). Is MSMS Program at MIT only with the partner schools or are students with prior MBA are eligible to apply ?

Couldn't find much about this on the website and hence any revert on this shall be very helpful. Also, is there any separate forum or discussion about MSMS Program (Batch size, Batch Profile, career services, Age, GMAT etc.) as i could not find such detail anywhere on the website separately.

Regards
Rakshit
Hey rakshitsharma1989

This is what I could find on MIT website: "The Master of Science in Management Studies program is a unique, customizable degree that complements an MBA or equivalent master’s degree from our partner schools: Asia School of Business; Fudan University; Lingnan (University) College, Sun Yat-sen University; the Lisbon MBA program; and Tsinghua University. The MSMS program allows graduates or current students from these schools to pursue advanced studies in management and receive a Master of Science degree from MIT in nine months ...... For more information about the MSMS program, graduates and current students from these partner schools should contact their program office."

What I understand from this is that you have to be from one of these partners schools to pursue the MSMS program. That is why it is suggested to contact the respective partner school's program office and nothing much is given on the MIT website. I would suggest you write to the admissions committee and clarify if in doubt. You can also ask them what program would be the best fit for you.

BTW I am curious what motivates you to pursue a second MBA? Trust me, you'll have to justifiably answer this in order to gain admissions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [1]
Send PM
Kudos

POST YOUR QUERIES & GET THEM ANSWERED HERE!

Hey fellow applicants, where are you all hiding? It's time to REVEAL yourself! :grin: Jump out of the bushes, will'ya?

Coming to the point, I have reached out to a few alumni & current students and have requested them to answer queries about MIT Sloan (or provide application related tips/suggestions/guidance) that the applicants have (or seek/must know). So, feel free to post your queries here and I will try to get you the answers to your queries! I am also trying to rope in Adcoms to answer your queries! So, get going and post your queries ASAP! The sooner you post your query, the sooner it gets answered! Jeez! What are you waiting for ???

Note: Please do not ask for a profile evaluation; nor expect spoon feeding for questions whose answer you can easily find on the school's website by spending no more than 5-10 minutes. Ask questions that are meaningful and that would add value to your application. Thanks for understanding. Looking forward to some great questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Hey!

Does anyone understand what Sloan is looking for under "Student Funding" section? Are we supposed to fill out what percentages we EXPECT to use for our MBA? Or are these percentages from undergrad? Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mkil23 wrote:
Hey!

Does anyone understand what Sloan is looking for under "Student Funding" section? Are we supposed to fill out what percentages we EXPECT to use for our MBA? Or are these percentages from undergrad? Thanks!

I guess you are talking about this section of the application:

Attachment:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 36.79 KiB | Viewed 45935 times ]

The instruction clearly mentions 'Undergrad funding'. Hence, you have to provide the breakup, in percentage, of your undergrad funding. As the instruction says, the total must amount to 100. Hope it clarifies things. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
DigitsnLetters wrote:
mkil23 wrote:
Hey!

Attachment:
Untitled.jpg

The instruction clearly mentions 'Undergrad funding'. Hence, you have to provide the breakup, in percentage, of your undergrad funding. As the instruction says, the total must amount to 100. Hope it clarifies things. :-)

Thank you! This actually doesn’t show up on my screen. Nowhere did it say “undergraduate funding” until I went to the preview application link prior to submitting. Maybe it was my browser. I’m applying LGO so maybe the screen is different? Regardless thank you so much!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
I'm not sure what to put here, because I've attended a public university and they're free in Brazil. It's not a scholarship, it's free for everyone. Should I put 100% in scholarships/grants?

DigitsnLetters wrote:
mkil23 wrote:
Hey!

Attachment:
Untitled.jpg

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mkil23 wrote:
DigitsnLetters wrote:
mkil23 wrote:
Hey!

Attachment:
The attachment Untitled.jpg is no longer available

Thank you! This actually doesn’t show up on my screen. Nowhere did it say “undergraduate funding” until I went to the preview application link prior to submitting. Maybe it was my browser. I’m applying LGO so maybe the screen is different? Regardless thank you so much!

Hey, I verified the same, and indeed the LGO application does not clearly give out the instructions.

The MBA application clearly mentions that the applicant has to provide undergraduate funding breakup:
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 1.08.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 1.08.41 PM.png [ 64.31 KiB | Viewed 45873 times ]

Whereas, this instruction is not present in the LGO application:
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 1.04.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 1.04.37 PM.png [ 155.89 KiB | Viewed 45962 times ]

But, I was able to figure out the undergraduate funding requirements as the Review and Submit tab mentions this:
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 1.19.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 1.19.48 PM.png [ 106.3 KiB | Viewed 45946 times ]

I hope I was able to bring out the matter clearly. Also, I have written to the MIT admissions committee to add the instruction to the LGO applications.

This is just FYI. Happy to help :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mirelark wrote:
I'm not sure what to put here, because I've attended a public university and they're free in Brazil. It's not a scholarship, it's free for everyone. Should I put 100% in scholarships/grants?

DigitsnLetters wrote:
mkil23 wrote:
Hey!

Attachment:
Untitled.jpg

Hey there,

It completely makes sense to put 100% under Scholarships/Grants. The free education is intrinsically a form of grants only. (I wish I too got free education in undergrad :lol:)

As per the instruction, you have to ensure that the four values total 100%. So, you will have to put the 100% under the Scholarships/Grants head because you cannot put it under any heading. However, this is valid only if the free education covered your cost of living, books, transportation etc. (basically everything else, as mentioned in the tentative cost details table given in the application page, other than the cost of education). Else, you can put the entire expense under the Family head coz the cost of education was nada for you and everything else you paid out of your pocket. (makes sense?)

Alternatively, you can put 0 under each head (yes it works ;)) and address the same in the optional essay saying that it was free education for you and that you don't consider free education equivalent to getting scholarship/grant.

Hope the clarification helps. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
DigitsnLetters thank you for the clarification! I will split the percentage between family and scholarship/grants to account for the free education and cost of living, and further explain the matter on the additional info section - I'm pretty sure they see this every year with Brazilian applicants, so it should be fine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mirelark wrote:
DigitsnLetters thank you for the clarification! I will split the percentage between family and scholarship/grants to account for the free education and cost of living, and further explain the matter on the additional info section - I'm pretty sure they see this every year with Brazilian applicants, so it should be fine.

You are welcome :-)

Yes, the Adcoms would be familiar with other Brazilian applicants. Splitting the percentage between family and scholarship/grants completely makes sense. Trust me this would be the least of their concerns ;)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts