GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 11:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 11:39
arbybee wrote:
Hey all - I was super excited and fortunate to receive an interview invite on Monday.

Forgive the crazy question, but due to my current work situation, I can't interview in Cambridge until early December (the last 3-5 days of interviews). I know decisions come out Dec 19. Is there any strategy to interview date? Since it's not rolling, I can't imagine there would be, but it feels uncomfortable to be one of the last to interview. :?

arbybee

Do they conduct skype interviews? If so, did you consider that option?
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
Re: Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 11:41
workout wrote:
arbybee wrote:
Hey all - I was super excited and fortunate to receive an interview invite on Monday.

Forgive the crazy question, but due to my current work situation, I can't interview in Cambridge until early December (the last 3-5 days of interviews). I know decisions come out Dec 19. Is there any strategy to interview date? Since it's not rolling, I can't imagine there would be, but it feels uncomfortable to be one of the last to interview. :?

arbybee

Forgive for my basic question. Do they conduct skype interviews? If so, did you consider that option?

They do, but I'm US based and on the East Coast. My preference is in-person on campus. Just wondering if there's any strategy or pro/con behind figuring out a way to move my interview up.
MBA Section Director
V
Re: Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 12:14
arbybee wrote:
workout wrote:
arbybee wrote:

arbybee

Forgive for my basic question. Do they conduct skype interviews? If so, did you consider that option?

They do, but I'm US based and on the East Coast. My preference is in-person on campus. Just wondering if there's any strategy or pro/con behind figuring out a way to move my interview up.

arbybee

I couldn't be of much help but I guess it is a tradeoff for you between doing the interview early and doing the in-person interview. Did you reach out to adcomm about this? I guess they will guide you better.
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 07:57
arbybee wrote:

Hey, just choose the date most comfortable for you. You have genuine reasons for scheduling late. I am sure if asked you can convey the adcoms about the same. Moreover, if they have dates reserved that late, then it means they are Ok with applicants interviewing that late. Besides, someone or the other will be the last, right? If there were 100 things affecting your outcome, when you interviewed would be the least effective in impacting your decision. Simply put, it doesn't make sense. So, just go with the dates comfortable with you.

Here's a positive of doing your interview late: Sloan adcoms DEFINITELY ask what has changed since you applied. Maybe you can present your most recent impactful work and tell a story how work kept you occupied (of course if that's meaningful). So, I'd reiterate, just go for the dates best suited for you.

Hope it helps. :)
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 09:20
DigitsnLetters wrote:
arbybee wrote:

Hey, just choose the date most comfortable for you. You have genuine reasons for scheduling late. I am sure if asked you can convey the adcoms about the same. Moreover, if they have dates reserved that late, then it means they are Ok with applicants interviewing that late. Besides, someone or the other will be the last, right? If there were 100 things affecting your outcome, when you interviewed would be the least effective in impacting your decision. Simply put, it doesn't make sense. So, just go with the dates comfortable with you.

Here's a positive of doing your interview late: Sloan adcoms DEFINITELY ask what has changed since you applied. Maybe you can present your most recent impactful work and tell a story how work kept you occupied (of course if that's meaningful). So, I'd reiterate, just go for the dates best suited for you.

Hope it helps. :)

Thanks! I realize how illogical my question seemed (or emotional...) but just needed a little assuagement. if you couldn't tell, I REALLY like Sloan. Thanks again!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 22:19
Hi -
I'm reporting back from my MIT interview today, and curious to hear about others' experiences.

Ultimately, I found it to be harder than I expected. I had prepared quite a bit and had answers ready for almost every behavioral interview question I could imagine, but the questions were more specific and detailed than I was ready for.

I interviewed on campus, which was nice. It was exciting to be in the admissions office and see all of the committee members who i recognized from the MIT sloan YT channel.

Has anyone else had their R1 interview? Wondering how you feel!
Retired Thread Master
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q53 V36
GRE 1: Q170 V161
GPA: 3.65
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 22:32
libiem2 wrote:
Hi -
I'm reporting back from my MIT interview today, and curious to hear about others' experiences.

Ultimately, I found it to be harder than I expected. I had prepared quite a bit and had answers ready for almost every behavioral interview question I could imagine, but the questions were more specific and detailed than I was ready for.

I interviewed on campus, which was nice. It was exciting to be in the admissions office and see all of the committee members who i recognized from the MIT sloan YT channel.

I took the interview in India with a member of the admissions committee. The Interviewer was Mr. Rod Garica. Contrary to my expectations he didn't go into much details of the story. There were more general questions than behavioral ones. He also deep dived into my profile, work experience and even my contribution to the university. Overall, the experience was pleasant.
Retired Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2018, 23:27
sunnysourav wrote:
libiem2 wrote:
Hi -

I took the interview in India with a member of the admissions committee. The Interviewer was Mr. Rod Garica. Contrary to my expectations he didn't go into much details of the story. There were more general questions than behavioral ones. He also deep dived into my profile, work experience and even my contribution to the university. Overall, the experience was pleasant.

Hey sunnysourav, do you mind putting up an interview debrief? It will be helpful for others. :)

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2018, 08:46
sunnysourav wrote:
libiem2 wrote:
Hi -

Hi sunnysourav, Thanks for the info. Rod Garcia is the Asst Dean of Admission.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2018, 03:57
Good luck to all who are waiting for R1 decisions. Join MIT chat to stay in touch and share decision updates..https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat5.php

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 06:43
Hi Everyone,

We have the following topics created for MIT Sloan.

For admitted applicants https://gmatclub.com/forum/mit-sloan-cl ... 84530.html

For waitlisted applicants https://gmatclub.com/forum/mit-sloan-cl ... 84531.html

Also, we have the following chatroom dedicated for the MIT Sloan decisions chat.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat5.php?u ... isionchats
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 10:30
Sloan (MIT) DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 6 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q46 V45), GPA: 3.2, Industry: Aerospace and Defense, WE 45, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 34 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3.6, Industry: Consulting, WE 60, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 12:30

• Waitlisted, 8 minutes ago, from Georgia, GMAT:730, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 8 minutes ago, Industry: Military & Defense, WE 72, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 9 minutes ago, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 11 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760 (Q49 V44), GPA: 3.76, Industry: Internet and New Media, WE 54, heard via: phone
  • Denied, 25 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:660 (Q49 V32), Industry: Health Care, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 51 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q48 V41), Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 60, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 14:30

• Admitted, 20 minutes ago, from Ireland, GMAT:730, GPA: 3.75, heard via: phone
  • Denied, 26 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760 (Q49 V45), heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 21:30

• Waitlisted, 13 minutes ago, from Argentina, GMAT:710 (Q49 V38), GPA: 4, Industry: Consulting, WE 48, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 29 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760 (Q49 V44), GPA: 3.76, Industry: Internet and New Media, WE 54, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
B
Schools: Darden '21 (A$)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 23:18
I'm applying for R2. Please what does MIT Sloan mean by "REDACT your name, address, and contact information" in the resume section?
Retired Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 04:42
kastino wrote:
I'm applying for R2. Please what does MIT Sloan mean by "REDACT your name, address, and contact information" in the resume section?

By Redact, they mean you can either remove your name, address, and contact info or darken the info (this would look ugly).

I would go for the former as this will give you extra space to fit in another achievement/extra-curricular/award.
V

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 08:57
We have the following chat coming up in about 60 mins from now.

Chat with MIT Sloan R1 admit arbybee

https://gmatclub.com/forum/in-it-to-win ... 85607.html

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2019, 02:16
The transcript of the recent chat with MIT Sloan R1 admit arbybee has posted in the following link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/in-it-to-win ... l#p2207184
B
Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2019, 20:57
Hi fellow applicants! I have a question about the resume. For the professional section, I see that MIT asks for dates:
Quote:
Work Experience - please list in reverse chronological order and include: company name, title, results-oriented bullets that demonstrate your skill set, and dates.

Does anyone interpret that as needing the day, in addition to the month and year? It looks ugly to me when I include the day of the month, but I don't want to put aesthetics over their requirements if others think the adcom is asking for day, month, and year for the start and end of each position.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 15 Jan 2019, 20:57

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 205 posts ] 

Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status