GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 19:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 21:25
OmManiPadmeHbs wrote:
Hi fellow applicants!

I used the MIT Sloan color schemes (link here) for my organization chart.

Make it pretty and consistent - what I learned in management consulting. :lol:

I hope you know that Sloan is not a big fan of flattery ;) Nonetheless, with these colors, your organization chart would be looking interesting :)

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 21:27
Really? I didn't know that!
DigitsnLetters wrote:
OmManiPadmeHbs wrote:
Hi fellow applicants!

I hope you know that Sloan is not a big fan of flattery ;) Nonetheless, with these colors, your organization chart would be looking interesting :)
BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 22:13
MV23 wrote:
Really? I didn't know that!
DigitsnLetters wrote:
OmManiPadmeHbs wrote:
Hi fellow applicants!

Well, few schools are "immune" to flattery. Sloan is one of those schools. That is why they don't specifically ask you 'Why Sloan' (they will definitely ask in interview though :crazy: ). Moreover, you won't find sections in application wherein you can put the art of flattery on display. That said, Sloan does care if the candidate has reached out and whether she/he has connected enough to show the love for the school.

Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 22:32
DigitsnLetters, I don't think using one of the schools' colors qualifies as flattery ;)
Intern
Intern
S

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 22:33
Excited to get my life back after an intense season of Round 1!
Best of luck to you all!!!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE: Research (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 03:29
My LORs have already been submitted but I'm not going to make the deadline today. Could I apply for R2 with the same recs?

Sent from my FRD-L09 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 05:10
Submitted! Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Sloan '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 750 Q53 V36
GRE 1: Q170 V161
GPA: 3.65
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 06:18
Please submit a one-page resume (Times New Roman 10 point font preferred) that includes your employment history and academic record in reverse chronological order. Other information appropriate to a business resume is welcomed and encouraged, including extracurricular activities, awards, and achievements. Please REDACT your name, address, and contact information.

Has anyone noticed this REDACT thing? Do they want a thick black redact or should we just remove the entire Name, Mail & Contact?
BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 07:04
Life? What does that mean?
OmManiPadmeHbs wrote:
BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 07:05
I don't think it matters how you redact as long as you redact. I did a thick black redact.
sunnysourav wrote:
Please submit a one-page resume (Times New Roman 10 point font preferred) that includes your employment history and academic record in reverse chronological order. Other information appropriate to a business resume is welcomed and encouraged, including extracurricular activities, awards, and achievements. Please REDACT your name, address, and contact information.

Has anyone noticed this REDACT thing? Do they want a thick black redact or should we just remove the entire Name, Mail & Contact?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 07:24
I still got a week left before getting back to my life - aka refreshing my emails endless times waiting for interview invites lol

OmManiPadmeHbs wrote:
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 07:29
Second it, did the same thing, although I don't quite understand why Sloan requires this... Also, Times New Roman is a new Comic Sans, so not sure why they prefer it over Helvetica. (or may be I'm being too picky)

MV23 wrote:
I don't think it matters how you redact as long as you redact. I did a thick black redact.
sunnysourav wrote:

Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.78

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 18:03
Submitted an LGO application about two weeks ago but just noticed on the application status page it says the following:

"Thank you for submitting your application to the MIT LGO program.

We are currently reviewing applications and will email interview invitations soon. Interviews are by invitation only. Round 2 interviews will take place in late January through mid-February.

Please refer to the checklist below to view items that have not yet been received. Incomplete applications will be reviewed "as-is"."

Does anyone else have this? Is this just carry over from last year? Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
S

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 18:56
HeyStephenm0518,

Attached below is what I am seeing. But then again, your message may be a system error. I had to call MIT Sloan Admissions Office this morning two hours before the deadline because they told me that I have two applications open (one that I did not submit from Class of 2020 and one I submitted for Class of 2021 - Round 1).

Relax. Call the admissions office at (617) 258-5434 if you need to confirm that you submitted your application for Round 1 and all is well. They are very responsive via email as well.

Stephenm0518 wrote:
Submitted an LGO application about two weeks ago but just noticed on the application status page it says the following:

We are currently reviewing applications and will email interview invitations soon. Interviews are by invitation only. Round 2 interviews will take place in late January through mid-February.

Please refer to the checklist below to view items that have not yet been received. Incomplete applications will be reviewed "as-is"."

Does anyone else have this? Is this just carry over from last year? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

MIT Confirmation.png
MIT Confirmation.png [ 76 KiB | Viewed 678 times ]

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 19:07
Thanks for the response! I was able to message one of the other LGO applicants and they have the same text above there application checklist. I am going to call tomorrow morning and confirm.

OmManiPadmeHbs wrote:
HeyStephenm0518,

Attached below is what I am seeing. But then again, your message may be a system error. I had to call MIT Sloan Admissions Office this morning two hours before the deadline because they told me that I have two applications open (one that I did not submit from Class of 2020 and one I submitted for Class of 2021 - Round 1).

Relax. Call the admissions office at (617) 258-5434 if you need to confirm that you submitted your application for Round 1 and all is well. They are very responsive via email as well.

Stephenm0518 wrote:

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 22:20
MV23 wrote:

I removed those information completely ;) and then used the space to add extra-curriculars and awards :cool:

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 22:29
Stephenm0518 wrote:

Looks as if they forgot to update this portion of the application. IDK why, but Sloan admissions has been lax this season. :idk: For one of the MIT on the Road event details e-mail they mentioned a wrong day for the corresponding date! :idontknow: Anomalies like these are surprising given that MIT is very meticulous about these things. Nonetheless, the event was awesome! :ok

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 22:37
JTdaniel wrote:
My LORs have already been submitted but I'm not going to make the deadline today. Could I apply for R2 with the same recs?

Absolutely! Think of the recommendations as a field in your application that you filled in but didn't submit the application. However, since they were filled by somebody else, you received an intimation that they are in. So, the submitted recommendations remain same whether you submit in R1 or R2. Hope that helps :)

Intern
Intern
B
Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 26 Sep 2018, 12:57
Ok, so 25th October, 1st and 5th November are interview invites dates
Good luck to everyone!

Originally posted by muppet on 26 Sep 2018, 07:56.
Last edited by muppet on 26 Sep 2018, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 12:00
Where was this posted? Thanks for the info!! ?

muppet wrote:
Ok, so 25th October, 1st and 5th Novemebr are intereview invites dates
Good luck to everyone!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 26 Sep 2018, 12:00

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 78 posts ] 

Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap