GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 15:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Thread Master
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 18:45
Hey mkil23,

Sloan has added the Student Funding details in the LGO applications. Can you confirm that you are able to see the instrcutions clearly? I checked and found it there. No ambiguity remains now :-)

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 14:04
Anyone knows if a recommender can change his letter after it's submitted?
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 19:47
Per my reply in the HBS thread, they can CHANGE their letter up until the deadline by reuploading a new version -- at least this is the case for most schools. But they cannot change it after the program's deadline. Everything is locked at that point. Hope that helps!

projectrory wrote:

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

BSchool Thread Master
G

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2018, 21:03
projectrory wrote:

Once submitted, the recommender cannot change the her/his letter. You will have to exclude it. Again, once submitted, you will not be able to exclude the recommender. This option is only available till the recommendation is not submitted.

That said, you can always write to the Adcoms and get the recommendation excluded. You can then resend the link to your recommender. However, since the letter was submitted, a copy will remain with the Adcoms and they can always access it. That's to the best of my knowledge. Hope that helps :-)

BSchool Thread Master
G

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2018, 02:41
Hey folks,

With just over 10 days remaining in R1 deadline how is the application shaping up? I see only two people have reported submitting the application. For those like me still working on the application, it's time to step on the gas! Go go go .....

A shout to loud and best wishes to all fellow applicants! Happy applications to you! :-)

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.79

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2018, 15:50
Why does MIT want to know if you are getting sponsorship from a company? Does this help or hurt your changes of admission and funding? What if you are applying but don't know if you received it as of the application time?
BSchool Thread Master
G

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2018, 02:27
auringonkukka6 wrote:
Why does MIT want to know if you are getting sponsorship from a company? Does this help or hurt your changes of admission and funding? What if you are applying but don't know if you received it as of the application time?

I don't think so this information will sway the decision in your favour or prejudice the admissions committee against you. It's just another info (similar to other sections such as family info) that MIT will look at while evaluating your candidature. Through this particular info, MIT would get an idea of how you are going to fund your MBA. IMO, this info will NOT make or break the decision. However, this will go down as an input while deciding scholarships. If you have not received any funding assurance from your employer yet, you can mention 0 in the application form. When you receive the confirmation, you can update it in the application (before submitting) or write (post submission) to the admissions committee that you will be receiving funding from your employer. The committee will update your file accordingly.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.79

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2018, 08:55
DigitsnLetters wrote:
auringonkukka6 wrote:

I don't think so this information will sway the decision in your favour or prejudice the admissions committee against you. It's just another info (similar to other sections such as family info) that MIT will look at while evaluating your candidature. Through this particular info, MIT would get an idea of how you are going to fund your MBA. IMO, this info will NOT make or break the decision. However, this will go down as an input while deciding scholarships. If you have not received any funding assurance from your employer yet, you can mention 0 in the application form. When you receive the confirmation, you can update it in the application (before submitting) or write (post submission) to the admissions committee that you will be receiving funding from your employer. The committee will update your file accordingly.

Thank you! That makes perfect sense. I won't know about the funding until mid-fall so I could let them know at that time.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 13:21
Doesn't the application guide specifically ask us to "redact" personal information in the resume?
Is this a new requirement for this year?
BSchool Forum Moderator
S
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 13:23
It does and it looks like it is a new requirement.
lightbox wrote:
Doesn't the application guide specifically ask us to "redact" personal information in the resume?
Is this a new requirement for this year?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 13:37
Right.
Also, this is what the instructions say for experience - "Work Experience - please list in reverse chronological order and include: company name, title, results-oriented bullets that demonstrate your skill set, and dates".
Does that mean we shouldn't mention the location of the job? (Which is usually a standard in the resume.)
Re: Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 19 Sep 2018, 13:37

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 31 posts ] 

Calling All MIT Sloan MBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap