Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 22 Jul 2019, 17:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Schulich Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2015, 00:45
We have a Whatsapp group for India and Toronto Fall 2015 joiners. PM me your number and I will add you.
Manager
Schools: Olin '17 (M$)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2015, 20:47
Got In! Received the admit email last night.

Can anyone please tell me if scholarship info is part of the admit letter or shared later on? I don't see anything in mine.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Technology
Schools: Darden '18 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2015, 22:43
simplyanuj wrote:
Hi All,

Anybody out there who got WL recently for Toronto campus and given option to join India campus instead??

Hi Anuj,

I'm in the same boat as you. Got an email last night saying I'm the wait-list due to the high demand of Toronto campus & now they are ready to offer a seat The India Campus.
Dunno what to make of it. What have you decided ? Have you been able to speak to any of the current India Schulich students & gather some feedback on the India Program ?

Hi All,

Is there anyone in the same situation as us ? Can anybody provide feedback on the Schulich India MBA ? How good is it & how does it compare to its Toronto counterpart ?

Regards
Uday
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: Schulich '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2015, 15:16
udaypawar wrote:
simplyanuj wrote:
Hi All,

Anybody out there who got WL recently for Toronto campus and given option to join India campus instead??

Hi Anuj,

I'm in the same boat as you. Got an email last night saying I'm the wait-list due to the high demand of Toronto campus & now they are ready to offer a seat The India Campus.
Dunno what to make of it. What have you decided ? Have you been able to speak to any of the current India Schulich students & gather some feedback on the India Program ?

Hi All,

Is there anyone in the same situation as us ? Can anybody provide feedback on the Schulich India MBA ? How good is it & how does it compare to its Toronto counterpart ?

Regards
Uday

Hi,

I got an email today from India as well as Toronto regarding the Schulich India program. I have an interview scheduled on Monday. I am not very keen on the India program since it does not seem to be worth the $80K. I tried to take a look at the Placement and Salary report from the website but it returns a 404 error :-D If anyone has any feedback, please let me know.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 01:24
GMATSmudge wrote:
Hi,
I got an email today from India as well as Toronto regarding the Schulich India program. I have an interview scheduled on Monday. I am not very keen on the India program since it does not seem to be worth the $80K. I tried to take a look at the Placement and Salary report from the website but it returns a 404 error :-D If anyone has any feedback, please let me know.
Thanks.

Hey,

I've been interviewed. I have a few questions regarding the Schulich India program.

1. Is the degree that is awarded after the India program the same as the full-time program in Canada?
2. Are you still eligible for a 3-year work permit in Canada on completion of the India program?
3. Is there a $20k scholarship available for joining the India program?

Please let me know if anyone has any information regarding these questions.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 03:12
GMATSmudge wrote:
GMATSmudge wrote:
Hi,
Thanks.

Hey,

I've been interviewed. I have a few questions regarding the Schulich India program.

1. Is the degree that is awarded after the India program the same as the full-time program in Canada?
2. Are you still eligible for a 3-year work permit in Canada on completion of the India program?

Thanks.

1. Yes.
2. Only if you get a job in Canada, then you can apply for WP. Unlike Rotman, Schulich doesn't provide WP upon completion of Degree (or atleast it was so the last time I checked.) Note that it is very difficult get internship in a Canadian company while you are sitting in India. 80% people get placed in the same company they did their internship from.
3. Not for everyone. I was told by Imran that the scholarship is for every India program applicant. However what the Canadian program manager told me contradicts his statement (amongst many others). It is again decided by your profile. So chances are that you might not get any scholarship at all.

Cheers!
~Gaz
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 03:36
gazzyorock wrote:
GMATSmudge wrote:
Hey,

Thanks.

1. Yes.
2. Only if you get a job in Canada, then you can apply for WP. Unlike Rotman, Schulich doesn't provide WP upon completion of Degree (or atleast it was so the last time I checked.) Note that it is very difficult get internship in a Canadian company while you are sitting in India. 80% people get placed in the same company they did their internship from.
3. Not for everyone. I was told by Imran that the scholarship is for every India program applicant. However what the Canadian program manager told me contradicts his statement (amongst many others). It is again decided by your profile. So chances are that you might not get any scholarship at all.

Cheers!
~Gaz

Thanks Gaz!

The information that I received about the work permit during the interview seems to be entirely different. I was told that <10% of the graduates of the India program have failed to land jobs in Canada and that they have all received 3-year WPs with only 4-5 among them getting 1-year WPs due to the visa officer considering the course duration split into half.

The $20k scholarship is again split into two installments of $10k per year, with the second $10k dependent on your academic performance.

Does anyone shed some light on the admissions process and the career prospects post-graduation? Anyone in touch with Schulich India alumni?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 21:38
GMATSmudge wrote:
gazzyorock wrote:
GMATSmudge wrote:
Hey,

Thanks.

1. Yes.

Cheers!
~Gaz

Thanks Gaz!

The information that I received about the work permit during the interview seems to be entirely different. I was told that <10% of the graduates of the India program have failed to land jobs in Canada and that they have all received 3-year WPs with only 4-5 among them getting 1-year WPs due to the visa officer considering the course duration split into half.

The $20k scholarship is again split into two installments of $10k per year, with the second $10k dependent on your academic performance.

Does anyone shed some light on the admissions process and the career prospects post-graduation? Anyone in touch with Schulich India alumni?

Thanks

Good luck man... Make a well informed choice. There's a ton of money at stake.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 05:11
Guys,

I have started a separate thread for the Schulich MBA in India program. Please share your thoughts on the program.

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2015, 08:20
rohit421990 wrote:
We have a Whatsapp group for India and Toronto Fall 2015 joiners. PM me your number and I will add you.

Sent you a message to be added to the WhatsApp group. Thanks!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2015, 08:38
In2018 wrote:
rohit421990 wrote:

Sent you a message to be added to the WhatsApp group. Thanks!

Me too! :-D
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2015, 08:44
gazzyorock wrote:

My 2 cents; Living in Canada is very expensive (don't have much idea about Australia). plus Canadian MBA grad salaries aren't that great (CND 80K approx). Melbourne seems a much better option.

Australia cost of living is even more expensive vs. Canada. I was visiting Australia from Canada last year, and experienced sticker shock. Most consumer staples and food felt 2x as expensive as Canadian equivalents. I would stick to Canada if there are budget pressures ;)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 610 Q35 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2015, 09:38
rohit421990 wrote:

Just sent you a message to be added to the group
Intern
Intern
Exciting Summer Events  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 14:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Exciting Summer Events
Hi Everyone! I am pleased to join Schulich’s Recruitment & Admissions team for the summer ahead. As a current MBA candidate, I have a unique student perspective that I look forward to sharing with you when answering all of your questions regarding student life, clubs, work-load, careers, and all things MBA! In addition to answering [...]
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Schulich’s New GMAT Study Series  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 14:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Schulich’s New GMAT Study Series
Whether you have been thinking nervously about the GMAT for months or you’re just starting to contemplate it, we have a series of new offerings here at Schulich which you just may want to attend.  In conjunction with Quantum Test Prep, we are going to be offering a series of five FREE sessions to help [...]
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
TEDxYORKU TOP PROF DELIVERS MARKETING SAMPLE CLASS  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2015, 12:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: TEDxYORKU TOP PROF DELIVERS MARKETING SAMPLE CLASS
  We are a little under 2 weeks away from one of our most exciting event of the summer! On Tuesday, June 2nd, at our Downtown Toronto Campus, a Marketing Sample-Class entitled: “Creating a Sharing Market: From App to Social Movement” will be presented by our very own and one of the world’s most renowned [...]
Intern
Intern
TEDxYORKU Top Prof Delivers Marketing Sample Class  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2015, 13:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: TEDxYORKU Top Prof Delivers Marketing Sample Class
  We are a little under 2 weeks away from one of our most exciting event of the summer! On Tuesday, June 2, at our Downtown Toronto Campus, a marketing sample class entitled: “Creating a Sharing Market: From App to Social Movement” will be presented by our very own and one of the world’s most [...]
Intern
Intern
Schulich Women in Business Event: June 17th, Sponsored by KPMG  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2015, 14:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Schulich Women in Business Event: June 17th, Sponsored by KPMG
  Sarah Ramnath, MBA ’16   As a prospective Schulich MBA student, I remember being nervous as I took the elevator up to the 46th floor of the KPMG Offices – Bay / Adelaide Centre.  My nerves were quickly calmed as I stepped out of the elevator and was greeted with friendly faces directing me [...]
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2015, 04:45
Is an admissions interview required for certain students only?
Intern
Intern
Women in Business Only One Week Left to Register!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2015, 09:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Women in Business Only One Week Left to Register!
We are one week away from one of our biggest events of the summer – Schulich Women in Business 2015. With spaces for the event quickly going, you don’t want to miss this incredible evening of networking, learning and laughter. This year, we have some amazing speakers lined up, including: Rose Reisman (MBA ’85): Rose [...]
GMAT Club Bot
Women in Business Only One Week Left to Register!   [#permalink] 11 Jun 2015, 09:00

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 136 posts ] 

Calling all Schulich Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: pushpitkc