It is currently 24 Feb 2018, 17:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Schulich Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Schulich Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2015, 16:31
Hi All,

Can you please give some pointers on the kind of questions asked in the video essay?? And do we need to send them official transcripts before they review the application or is it not required?? Would really appreciate if you can share your thoughts on these.

Thanks
AK
Manager
Manager
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2015, 06:34
simplyanuj wrote:
Hi All,

Can you please give some pointers on the kind of questions asked in the video essay?? And do we need to send them official transcripts before they review the application or is it not required?? Would really appreciate if you can share your thoughts on these.

Thanks
AK

Guys please any suggestions on the video essay questions?
Current Student
B
GPA: 3.7
WE: Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2015, 18:54
simplyanuj wrote:
simplyanuj wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
AK

Guys please any suggestions on the video essay questions?

Sorry, had issues with the reply button in my mail box, so I will answer it here.
To be honest, BE YOURSELF! I was nervous at first too, but take this as an opportunity to bring life to your application! There are no right or wrong answers. They just want to get to know you more.

Cheers,
GMATAnnihilator
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 09:48
kamranjkhan wrote:
People who have received admits - when did you submit your applications?

I submitted my application on 7th Jan and submitted my video essay on 30th Jan but yet to hear anything with regards to my interview. Anyone else in a similar situation?

It should take 3 to 4 weeks to hear back with a decision or interview. If you are invited for an interview, you can pick interviews in a 2 weeks time frame. You can expect an admission decision 1 week after your interview.

So, you could get an admission acceptance in 3 weeks, or it could take 5 - 6 weeks with an interview.

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2015, 09:50
[/quote]

Guys please any suggestions on the video essay questions?[/quote]

Video essays are 60 seconds each, so not much time to prepare. Just have a notepad ready, and practice using the questions they provide when you log into the platform.

Don't be nervous, you will rock it!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 03:03
Hi guys,

I submitted my application around end of December. However, I have still not received any response from Schulich. I have asked them to check the status of my application twice. Hoping to get an answer soon. Anyone facing a similar situation, if yes, how are you responding to it? Any inputs are appreciated.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 06:40
This post received
KUDOS
Listen up guys, specially the ones who are yet to receive an interview invite.

I submitted my application on 7th Jan and then submitted my video essay on 30th Jan (was not mandatory for me). I heard back from Schulich on 4th Mar - I never bugged them all this while to get an update on my application. They asked me to email them a higher resolution image of my transcripts as the one uploaded with my online application wasn't clear. Before people start judging me - the size limit of 600KB didn't allow me to upload the higher resolution image with my application.

Today I got a call to interview. Yes, direct call on my phone.

Interviewer: "Interview in 1.5 hours?"
Me: "Too short a notice?"
Interviewer: "I'm a casual person, will be a casual interview, no preparation required."
Me: "Cool!"

Just finished with my interview around 30 minutes back. Really was casual and conversational.

Did I forget to mention that I had already given up on getting an interview invite? Okay, my bad.

So the thing is - It's not over till the fat lady sings! Hope I get through though. Cheers!
Current Student
B
GPA: 3.7
WE: Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Schulich Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 06:49
Congrats on the interview! It is very important to be patient because it will pay off!

GoonerGalactico wrote:
Listen up guys, specially the ones who are yet to receive an interview invite.

I submitted my application on 7th Jan and then submitted my video essay on 30th Jan (was not mandatory for me). I heard back from Schulich on 4th Mar - I never bugged them all this while to get an update on my application. They asked me to email them a higher resolution image of my transcripts as the one uploaded with my online application wasn't clear. Before people start judging me - the size limit of 600KB didn't allow me to upload the higher resolution image with my application.

Today I got a call to interview. Yes, direct call on my phone.

Interviewer: "Interview in 1.5 hours?"
Me: "Too short a notice?"
Interviewer: "I'm a casual person, will be a casual interview, no preparation required."
Me: "Cool!"

Just finished with my interview around 30 minutes back. Really was casual and conversational.

Did I forget to mention that I had already given up on getting an interview invite? Okay, my bad.

So the thing is - It's not over till the fat lady sings! Hope I get through though. Cheers!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 08:04
supi12 wrote:
Hi guys,

I submitted my application around end of December. However, I have still not received any response from Schulich. I have asked them to check the status of my application twice. Hoping to get an answer soon. Anyone facing a similar situation, if yes, how are you responding to it? Any inputs are appreciated.

Have you checked York MyFile to see what your application status says?
Intern
Intern
Where will you GO with a Schulich MBA? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 00:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Where will you GO with a Schulich MBA?
Today marks the start of a new campaign for Schulich’s MBA and IMBA programs. You may have started to see some of the posters around the city on the GO transit system, in the Metro or on Notable and Talent Egg. We want to know “Where you’ll go with a Schulich MBA” Starting on Monday [...]
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 07:44
can anyone please put some light on what kind of questions are being asked for video essay for Schulich?
Current Student
Schools: Olin '17 (M)
GPA: 3.41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 08:24
scorpian wrote:
can anyone please put some light on what kind of questions are being asked for video essay for Schulich?

Just follow the link you've received in the email and finish the device check. You'll be then able to answer upto 5 practice questions to get a feel of how the questions will be. There's nothing to extensively prepare or worry about. Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 06:40
In2018 wrote:
supi12 wrote:
Hi guys,

Have you checked York MyFile to see what your application status says?

Yes I did. The decision status states 'No decision yet'.
Also, I did receive their response. They said that my application is in process, and that they do not have any updates at this time.
Intern
Intern
APPLY ! – Schulich’s MBA Application Advice Event [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 07:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: APPLY ! – Schulich’s MBA Application Advice Event
Sometimes we are unsure whether we have all of the credentials, the experience, or the skills we need to ensure we will get to where we want to be. The MBA application process is not different.  There are several situations that can leave a prospective student feeling less than confident about submitting the application to [...]
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: Schulich '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 01:06
Hi to all those waiting for a response from Schulich (I'm one of you too!)

Submitted my application on the 9th of Feb and have not heard anything since. Looking at GoonerGalactico's timeline, I'm hoping to hear from them sometime this month.

Good luck to you all! :-D
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 01:11
:-D Guys i received my admit yesterday . I was interviewed sometime in mid feb. No information about scholarships though.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 02:21
Received my admit yesterday, no information on scholarship though. Such a long wait!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2015, 09:41
submitted my application on 28th Feb and video essay on 11th March. not heard anything yet !! What to expect??
btw does schulich waive interview for international applicants as well or it happens only for Canadian applicants?? Thanks
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Other (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2015, 22:04
mba20152016 wrote:
submitted my application on 28th Feb and video essay on 11th March. not heard anything yet !! What to expect??
btw does schulich waive interview for international applicants as well or it happens only for Canadian applicants?? Thanks

Don't worry buddy, in the same boat :)
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2015, 02:04
forthewin wrote:
mba20152016 wrote:

Don't worry buddy, in the same boat :)

haha.....good to know others are waiting as well :)
Schulich is priority and I was hoping if they could declare my result by early april, as i am suppose to enroll for another school by Mid-April.
Re: Calling all Schulich Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 24 Mar 2015, 02:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 136 posts ] 

Calling all Schulich Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap