Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Bocconi (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all SDA Bocconi MBA Applicants: (2021 Intake) [#permalink]
TomasArmellin1 wrote:
I got my acceptance email yesterday!
Does anyone know how the scholarships are granted? I was placed on the waiting list for the next round, and I'm not sure if I have to pay the first installment to be enrolled now.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Tomas, Congratulations on your offer. Once you accept the offer online you’ll need to pay the first instalment of €10,000, by the deadline specified in the email.
You can try getting the deadline extended if you intend to wait on the scholarship decision by next round, but this you’ll need to contact the admissions team.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
Thanks for your help guys!
Does anyone know someone who actually got a scholarship in Round 1?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Schools: ESSEC '22
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Since I read all these threads before applying to Bocconi I feel obliged to give back to the community!

I got 50% scholarship with medium test scores but with a solid background. Here are some tips that I think can increase your chances for scholarships:

1) You will receive your admittance letter BEFORE you receive information about scholarships (cheeky I know). Try not to accept or pay deposit before you receive information about scholarships. In my case I called Bocconi twice even if they pressure you to accept within a time period. I called them and asked “ thanks for admission, but I have not received information about scholarships, when will it come?”. Finally it came through and I thereafter accepted.

2) in the admission process they ask you to list other schools that you have applied to. It can be advantageous to list programs that are equal or worse than Bocconi. This would put pressure on Bocconi if other programs they know will accept
and potentially give you a scholarship (in my case I even said I applied to other schools but I didn’t in the end)

3) If you are a woman or from outside Italy, leverage this!!! You are extra valuable to the admissions office!

Hope it helps and good luck 😁

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
climbingupup wrote:
Hello everyone,

Since I read all these threads before applying to Bocconi I feel obliged to give back to the community!

I got 50% scholarship with medium test scores but with a solid background. Here are some tips that I think can increase your chances for scholarships:

1) You will receive your admittance letter BEFORE you receive information about scholarships (cheeky I know). Try not to accept or pay deposit before you receive information about scholarships. In my case I called Bocconi twice even if they pressure you to accept within a time period. I called them and asked “ thanks for admission, but I have not received information about scholarships, when will it come?”. Finally it came through and I thereafter accepted.

2) in the admission process they ask you to list other schools that you have applied to. It can be advantageous to list programs that are equal or worse than Bocconi. This would put pressure on Bocconi if other programs they know will accept
and potentially give you a scholarship (in my case I even said I applied to other schools but I didn’t in the end)

3) If you are a woman or from outside Italy, leverage this!!! You are extra valuable to the admissions office!

Congrats on your result! Could I ask a little more about your background (where you're from etc)? 😊
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 620 Q35 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q40 V44 (Online)
Send PM
climbingupup wrote:
Hello everyone,

This is super valuable insight, thank you for sharing!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
celiza wrote:
climbingupup wrote:
Hello everyone,

Congrats on your result! Could I ask a little more about your background (where you're from etc)? 😊

Thank you and I wish you guys the best of luck! It’s really a nice feeling once you decide to go for
it!

Sure, below are some stats:

Geo: Northern Europe

Background: 5 years at second tier consulting (think KPMG, Deloitte, Accenture, EY).

Less than 1 year at bank (think JPM, UBS, Credit Suisse, Goldman)

GMAT: below 650
Grades: very good but bad university
Extra: former athlete

Cheers
Current Student
Send PM
climbingupup wrote:
celiza wrote:
climbingupup wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thank you and I wish you guys the best of luck! It’s really a nice feeling once you decide to go for
it!

Sure, below are some stats:

Geo: Northern Europe

Background: 5 years at second tier consulting (think KPMG, Deloitte, Accenture, EY).

Less than 1 year at bank (think JPM, UBS, Credit Suisse, Goldman)

GMAT: below 650
Grades: very good but bad university
Extra: former athlete

Cheers

Thanks for sharing! Which round did you receive your scholarship in? Were you waitlisted at all?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Bocconi has rolling admission and I applied late! I was never waitlisted ..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Bocconi (M$)
GRE 1: Q162 V167
GPA: 3.13
WE:Consulting (Real Estate)
Send PM
climbingupup wrote:

Congrats on your scholarship!! Do you mind if I ask when did you apply/get the waiver notice?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you!! Received it late, post March! (they increased the amount of scholarships last year and I might have been lucky with the whole covid situation impacting the decisions as well)
Current Student
Send PM
climbingupup wrote:

Oh very interesting! Just to clarify, you applied last year then and ended up attending? You info has been a bit of a relief! Hahaha a group of us admitted all got “waitlisted” for the scholarships for the second round so this gives me hope!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
This is what I am talking about: once you accept your admission before knowing about scholarships you have radically decreased your chances of getting a scholarship (in my opinion).. why should admissions give you a scholarship if they know you are already attending?

Remember, admissions task is to compose the most competitive and attractive class as possible, and they want to entice attractive students with scholarships to actually decide to attend and ”pull the trigger”. Your task then is to create the illusion that you have multiple offers on the table and that you need information on scholarships before you make a decision to attend.

Call them is the best - be grateful and respectful, but somewhat assertive (think Michael Corleone)

About my personal situation please PM me for more information :)

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Schools: Harvard '24
Send PM
Hi guys, I am going to record my pre-interview video, which are the questions? Thanks guys, hope to see you next year:-)

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi guys do you know if everyone receive the invitation for the interview? Or only if they are interested? Thanks

Current Student
Send PM
gastoneMIT wrote:
Hi guys do you know if everyone receive the invitation for the interview? Or only if they are interested? Thanks

If they’re 100% certain you are not a good fit, you will not receive an interview. If you seem like you have potential to be a good fit, they will invite you to interview.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sydlyisaacs

many thanks:-)

do you know their acceptance rate after their invitation interview?

I am going to send my application in a few days.
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys! Has somebody received positive news from the second round for the Scolarship?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts