It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 06:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 42
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2018, 03:05
1
This post received
KUDOS
tarun707 wrote:
blazov wrote:
I got admitted. I submitted my app on 5th of January and my recommenders got their job done just few days ago. I already had an interview. Really felt bad about it. However, received a call yesterday and they told me I am admitted with scholarship (still have no idea how much).


Congrats blazov !!
Are you an international applicant ?
Can you share your profile?

Posted from my mobile device


Sure :
32 years old, International (form Serbia ), currently working for PwC as Manager , I also worked for deloitte and before big 4 used to have my own company (started it up as student and sold it when I decided to go for Big 4)
I have more than 8 years of experience
Gmat : 650
Toefl: 106
Anything else you would like to know?
Is there a whatsapp group for admitted candidates ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Location: Philippines
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 07:04
blazov wrote:
tarun707 wrote:
blazov wrote:
I got admitted. I submitted my app on 5th of January and my recommenders got their job done just few days ago. I already had an interview. Really felt bad about it. However, received a call yesterday and they told me I am admitted with scholarship (still have no idea how much).


Congrats blazov !!
Are you an international applicant ?
Can you share your profile?

Posted from my mobile device


Sure :
32 years old, International (form Serbia ), currently working for PwC as Manager , I also worked for deloitte and before big 4 used to have my own company (started it up as student and sold it when I decided to go for Big 4)
I have more than 8 years of experience
Gmat : 650
Toefl: 106


Anything else you would like to know?
Is there a whatsapp group for admitted candidates ?


Wow congrats!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Location: Philippines
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 07:06
blazov wrote:
saswata4s wrote:
blazov wrote:
I got admitted. I submitted my app on 5th of January and my recommenders got their job done just few days ago. I already had an interview. Really felt bad about it. However, received a call yesterday and they told me I am admitted with scholarship (still have no idea how much).


Congrats! When did you have your interview?


25th January. Hope this helps.


Admittedly this worries me as I had my interview on the 17th and still no call ...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 42
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 12:32
kimmandy36 wrote:
blazov wrote:
saswata4s wrote:

25th January. Hope this helps.


Admittedly this worries me as I had my interview on the 17th and still no call ...


Well give them some time. I have some other schools and I am waiting them forever. So far only SImon and Cox admitted me and there are some schools that not sto strong and I am still waiting for response.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Location: Philippines
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 15:57
blazov wrote:
Well give them some time. I have some other schools and I am waiting them forever. So far only SImon and Cox admitted me and there are some schools that not sto strong and I am still waiting for response.


True. By the way, did they say how you'll learn what your scholarship package will be?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 42
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 16:45
kimmandy36 wrote:
blazov wrote:
Well give them some time. I have some other schools and I am waiting them forever. So far only SImon and Cox admitted me and there are some schools that not sto strong and I am still waiting for response.


True. By the way, did they say how you'll learn what your scholarship package will be?

Well Cox said 70k and I am still waiting for Simon
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Location: Philippines
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 17:44
blazov wrote:
kimmandy36 wrote:
blazov wrote:
Well give them some time. I have some other schools and I am waiting them forever. So far only SImon and Cox admitted me and there are some schools that not sto strong and I am still waiting for response.


True. By the way, did they say how you'll learn what your scholarship package will be?

Well Cox said 70k and I am still waiting for Simon

I meant did Rochester say how you will know what scholarship package you'll get? Through post or just email? And how long would it take?

Sent from my SM-P355 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 42
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 00:26
kimmandy36 wrote:
blazov wrote:
kimmandy36 wrote:
I meant did Rochester say how you will know what scholarship package you'll get? Through post or just email? And how long would it take?

Sent from my SM-P355 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


They will email a complete package with application materials to me. They also said that scholarship information will be included within the package
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Location: Philippines
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 02:22
blazov wrote:
kimmandy36 wrote:
blazov wrote:
[quote="kimmandy36"]
I meant did Rochester say how you will know what scholarship package you'll get? Through post or just email? And how long would it take?

Sent from my SM-P355 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


They will email a complete package with application materials to me. They also said that scholarship information will be included within the package[/quote]

Thank you! Hope you'll get a good package :)

Sent from my SM-P355 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 15
Location: Viet Nam
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 23:05
Any one else received the feedback from Simon? Should we drop an email to ask for the result?
GMAT Forum Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 28 May 2014
Posts: 493
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 23:20
tantrannhat wrote:
Any one else received the feedback from Simon? Should we drop an email to ask for the result?


The decision date for R2 is 20th March, so I think we need to wait.
http://simon.rochester.edu/programs/ful ... index.aspx

When did you have your interview? I had on 30-Jan, so I think its too early for me to follow up.

If you had your interview more than a month before, I feel you should follow up. Please let us know if they reply.
_________________

440 to 730: If I Can, You Can Too

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Location: Philippines
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 23:32
tantrannhat wrote:
Any one else received the feedback from Simon? Should we drop an email to ask for the result?

If you applied on Jan 5 and you've already been interviewed then I think you'll have to wait. They did give us a timeline and we're still far from their own deadline so we just have to wait. The only exception for this is if another school has already accepted you and you're only waiting for Simon to make a decision but the acceptance deadline of the other school is already fast approaching.

Sent from my SM-P355 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2017
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 23:37
Anyone here knows of any admitted students watsapp group?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 15
Location: Viet Nam
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 00:45
kimmandy36 wrote:
tantrannhat wrote:
Any one else received the feedback from Simon? Should we drop an email to ask for the result?

If you applied on Jan 5 and you've already been interviewed then I think you'll have to wait. They did give us a timeline and we're still far from their own deadline so we just have to wait. The only exception for this is if another school has already accepted you and you're only waiting for Simon to make a decision but the acceptance deadline of the other school is already fast approaching.

Sent from my SM-P355 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Yes, I am in this critical case. I need to declare my decision and deposit to another school in Monday next week.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Location: Philippines
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 01:06
tantrannhat wrote:
kimmandy36 wrote:
tantrannhat wrote:
Any one else received the feedback from Simon? Should we drop an email to ask for the result?

If you applied on Jan 5 and you've already been interviewed then I think you'll have to wait. They did give us a timeline and we're still far from their own deadline so we just have to wait. The only exception for this is if another school has already accepted you and you're only waiting for Simon to make a decision but the acceptance deadline of the other school is already fast approaching.

Sent from my SM-P355 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Yes, I am in this critical case. I need to declare my decision and deposit to another school in Monday next week.

Then yes go for it. If you got a scholarship package from the other school mention that as well.

Sent from my SM-P355 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Mar 2016
Posts: 13
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 14:45
1
This post received
KUDOS
Just got admitted last week !

My profile:
GMAT: 700 (Q49 V36)
Current job: Consultant - Deloitte , Valuation and modeling
Work Experience: 1.5y consultant at Deloitte, 1.5y Audit at EY, 3 years at the Israeli Army
Undergraduate: Tel Aviv university, Accounting and Economics

Did anyone here got an invitation to the scholarship weekend? Looking forward to hear from more prospective students.
Yoav
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 42
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 15:48
yoavyes wrote:
Just got admitted last week !

My profile:
GMAT: 700 (Q49 V36)
Current job: Consultant - Deloitte , Valuation and modeling
Work Experience: 1.5y consultant at Deloitte, 1.5y Audit at EY, 3 years at the Israeli Army
Undergraduate: Tel Aviv university, Accounting and Economics

Did anyone here got an invitation to the scholarship weekend? Looking forward to hear from more prospective students.
Yoav


Well , I just got an email with message that I am admitted. Have no idea about scholarship or scholarship weekend invitation. They mentioned it in email, but without any details.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jul 2010
Posts: 42
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 06:46
blazov wrote:
yoavyes wrote:
Just got admitted last week !

My profile:
GMAT: 700 (Q49 V36)
Current job: Consultant - Deloitte , Valuation and modeling
Work Experience: 1.5y consultant at Deloitte, 1.5y Audit at EY, 3 years at the Israeli Army
Undergraduate: Tel Aviv university, Accounting and Economics

Did anyone here got an invitation to the scholarship weekend? Looking forward to hear from more prospective students.
Yoav


Well , I just got an email with message that I am admitted. Have no idea about scholarship or scholarship weekend invitation. They mentioned it in email, but without any details.


Offer states 50% tuition off and 50% some loan (ISLP) .
I have offer from TCU with 100% tuition and fees waived plus 500$/year stipend.
Also SMU Cox gave mi 50% of fees, tuition, other expenses.
Still waiting for few more schools.
Any thoughts guys? Which school?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 52
Location: Viet Nam
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.58
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 02:51
Hey guys!

Should I submit my application at this point of time or wait until the March Deadline?
GMAT Forum Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 28 May 2014
Posts: 493
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 03:45
emeraldweapon wrote:
Hey guys!

Should I submit my application at this point of time or wait until the March Deadline?


Apply then your application is in the best shape. If it is now, then you should go ahead and apply. :-)
_________________

440 to 730: If I Can, You Can Too

Re: Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2018, 03:45

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 179 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Simon (Rochester) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.