Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 00:04 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Schools: WHU MBA (A)
GRE 1: Q167 V156
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all St. Gallen SIM Applicants: 2020 Intake [#permalink]
Hi Sir,
I am a Bachelor of Management studies Grad. I recently completed my degree (April 2019) CGPA 9.42/10
Currently, I don't have full-time work experience but most probably I will be joining a UK based insurance firm next month.
Extra-Curricular:
Participation in various competitions like Debate, Presentations, Business tycoons and have won few of them.
I have been awarded as an all-rounder and nominated for best class representative in academic awards of the department. I have had even been part of a Rotaract club for three years as a general body member, creative director and governing council member respectively for the three years. I am currently associated with United nations online volunteer and work as a teacher, I teach students online via Skype and the other one is India redefined and I am an intern I work from home as a project leader and plan for various projects that need to be conducted. I can speak Hindi, Marathi, English and Basic Mandarin( Cleared HSK 1 )
I would be taking GMAT in December and aiming for 700+ score!
Will my work experience hamper my chances for SIM and other MiM programs?
Thank You!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 405
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Kudos
supriya1859 wrote:
Hi Sir,
I am a Bachelor of Management studies Grad. I recently completed my degree (April 2019) CGPA 9.42/10
Currently, I don't have full-time work experience but most probably I will be joining a UK based insurance firm next month.
Extra-Curricular:
Participation in various competitions like Debate, Presentations, Business tycoons and have won few of them.
I have been awarded as an all-rounder and nominated for best class representative in academic awards of the department. I have had even been part of a Rotaract club for three years as a general body member, creative director and governing council member respectively for the three years. I am currently associated with United nations online volunteer and work as a teacher, I teach students online via Skype and the other one is India redefined and I am an intern I work from home as a project leader and plan for various projects that need to be conducted. I can speak Hindi, Marathi, English and Basic Mandarin( Cleared HSK 1 )
I would be taking GMAT in December and aiming for 700+ score!
Will my work experience hamper my chances for SIM and other MiM programs?
Thank You!

Maybe you wanna open a new discussion to post this question? I don´t know if this discussion (being people who apply) necessarily will be able to help you answer your questions.

What I do think though is that you can definitely give it a shot, you extra curricular activities seem great.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys!

Just applied! Let me share my profile with you:

-GMAT: 700 (my exam was bad compared to what I was scoring in my previous CATs. I even thought of re-taking it)
-Not particularly good uni grades (Economics degree)
-High-level career as an athlete
-High-level career as a musician
-Internship at a top-tier Technology Consulting firm

What do you think are my chances of being accepted? Do you think my standard uni grades are a major barrier?

Also: I have to do the video-recording interview. Any advice??

Thanks a lot and hope to see you at St. Gallen next year!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
mhergen wrote:
Hey guys!

-GMAT: 700 (my exam was bad compared to what I was scoring in my previous CATs. I even thought of re-taking it)

What do you think are my chances of being accepted? Do you think my standard uni grades are a major barrier?

mhergen

I advise you to go to the decision tracker in the following link and check the profiles of the admitted students. That will give you some idea.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/st-gallen-mb ... acker.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
mhergen wrote:
Hey guys!

Hey!

First of all congrats to your application. I think you shouldn´t worry too much about your grades. After all, they just make up 20 percent of the evaluation. Wish you all the best, keep it up! Hopefully see you in St. Gallen next year.

Philipp
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck to all who applied in R1. I've updated top posts with deadlines and app updates table. If anyone wants to take leadership of this thread, pls PM me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Any news?? We are supposed to know whether we are admitted or not by December the 20th... Did anyone receive the result so far?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Kudos
Hi!

I was hoping to connect with people who have been admitted to SIM 2020. This would be a great way to know our classmates. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Sonam02,

May I ask your GMAT score?
I'm also intending to apply for this program.

THX...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gold6011 wrote:
Hi Sonam02,

May I ask your GMAT score?
I'm also intending to apply for this program.

THX...

Hey! I scored 710 on my GMAT. All the best for your application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sonam02 wrote:
Hi!

I was hoping to connect with people who have been admitted to SIM 2020. This would be a great way to know our classmates. :)

I also got accepted, just sent you a PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Hello, I am currently in the final year of my undergraduate degree in India. I'm pursuing a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree from Christ University.
I have recently been accepted into both the Strategy and International Management course at St Gallen and also the ISB YLP programme. The ISB YLP is a deferred admission into the PGPM after I acquire two years of work experience.

I'm interested in entering the consulting sector. The SIM programme is not a deferred admission and so I can start immediately but I'm concerned about the employment opportunities for an international student who currently has no knowledge of German. But, on the other hand ISB YLP requires me to work for two years and I'm not sure about the extent of its international reputation.

I'm currently trying to decide between these two options and any advice or recommendations would be highly appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello, I am currently in the final year of my undergraduate degree in India. I'm pursuing a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree from Christ University.
I have recently been accepted into both the Strategy and International Management course at St Gallen and also the ISB YLP programme. The ISB YLP is a deferred admission into the PGPM after I acquire two years of work experience.

I'm interested in entering the consulting sector. The SIM programme is not a deferred admission and so I can start immediately but I'm concerned about the employment opportunities for an international student who currently has no knowledge of German. But, on the other hand ISB YLP requires me to work for two years and I'm not sure about the extent of its international reputation.

I'm currently trying to decide between these two options and any advice or recommendations would be highly appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
Sanjana28 wrote:

Hey Sanjana,

first of all congrats to your double admission!

I cannot answer your question with confidence, but what I can say is that whichever option you choose, you will find your path! Don´t think too much about what would be best, try to feel into it. What calls your attention more? With which program do you identify more?

Again, whatever your choice will be, you will be doing great!

Keep it up,

Philipp

PS: When did you submit your application and when did they let you know?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
philippi

Thanks a ton for your input!

I applied to YLP stage one in March 2019. They gave me the final decision towards the end of October.

I submitted my st gallen application by around November 24 and I got my decision by around December 17 or 18. They were quite fast with the process.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sanjana28 wrote:

Hi Sanjana!
Congrats on your admits.
Since I never applied to the YLP, I don't have much idea about this program. But from what I know, it is a great b school which has an international way of teaching and enjoys amazing placements. I think it would be helpful for you to talk to both current and alumni of both schools and then decide. It also depends on what you are looking for in your postgrad and what and where you want to work after.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sonam02

Alright thank you!
Did you apply for the 2020 SIM intake?
GMAT Club Bot