Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:51 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2393 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
bml1105 wrote:
jlgdr wrote:
JohnThunder wrote:

wow takes so long... can't plan a 1 day vacation because i only have 1 left!

I think its bye-bye sunny California...

Unless you also applied to Haas!!

Well if we're emphasizing "sunny" ... that also includes Anderson :)
VP
VP
Send PM
Nah, well just my opinion but I don't think that Haas and Anderson even come close to Stanford in terms of prestige.
I guess some people may weight being in the West coast more so that factors in their decision but not me.

I come from a sunny city as well and will miss this type of weather. Time to change my shorts for some bulky jackets and jeans.

Damn!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [7]
Send PM
Kudos
jlgdr wrote:
Nah, well just my opinion but I don't think that Haas and Anderson even come close to Stanford in terms of prestige.
I guess some people may weight being in the West coast more so that factors in their decision but not me.

I come from a sunny city as well and will miss this type of weather. Time to change my shorts for some bulky jackets and jeans.

Damn!

Ha I guess we'll all just have to suffer with degrees from other amazing schools. Better prepare yourself for the failure of not getting the "Stanford prestige". I know it's hard and life will seem like it's not worth living. But at least we'll be able to get jobs at McDonalds from these other schools. :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Quote:
Ha I guess we'll all just have to suffer with degrees from other amazing schools. Better prepare yourself for the failure of not getting the "Stanford prestige". I know it's hard and life will seem like it's not worth living. But at least we'll be able to get jobs at McDonalds from these other schools. :wink:

Possibly the greatest post of all time LOL.
VP
VP
Send PM
HealthcareMBAGuy wrote:
Quote:

You mean Haas and Anderson? Of course they are good schools just nowhere near Stanford. This is just my opinion but I'm pretty sure lots of people will agree on this.
I'm sure they will be useful for getting pretty much any job you want especially on the West Coast, if you plan to go there. School is just a part of it, there's also the person behind it that makes the difference. I guess they will all open some doors, but Stanford will open every freaking door in the planet!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
jlgdr wrote:
HealthcareMBAGuy wrote:
Quote:

You mean Haas and Anderson? Of course they are good schools just nowhere near Stanford. This is just my opinion but I'm pretty sure lots of people will agree on this.
I'm sure they will be useful for getting pretty much any job you want especially on the West Coast, if you plan to go there. School is just a part of it, there's also the person behind it that makes the difference. I guess they will all open some doors, but Stanford will open every freaking door in the planet!!

Mellon
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [8]
Send PM
Kudos
jlgdr wrote:
HealthcareMBAGuy wrote:
Quote:

I was talking about all of the other amazing schools that people in this forum are applying to, not just the West Coast schools. They all have global brand recognition and will all open up just about every door you can think of, across the world, if the person has the social skills to work their connections. A person that doesn’t have the social connections at Stanford isn’t going to have every door opened just because Stanford is on their resume.

Your posts are coming off as superior and douchey, when you are in the same boat as the rest of us. Let’s try to calm that down.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [10]
Send PM
Kudos
Quote:
Your posts are coming off as superior and douchey, when you are in the same boat as the rest of us. Let’s try to calm that down.

VP
VP
Send PM
I don't see how we are disagreeing on anything here. If you see my previous post I said that the person behind the 'brand' is at least as important, even with any other top school apart from the West coast. I don't think this is coming anywhere superior or douchey :)

I'm pretty sure no one here has Stanford as its safety school for a reason though. So let's just keep it real, Stanford does open some doors that other schools don't. However, having said this and needless to say, yes most of us will get dinged, go to a great school, accomplish all of our dreams there, and never think about Stanford again.

I'm in your same boat
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [6]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Long time lurker. First time poster.

jlgdr I think I applied to many of the same schools as you (H/S/W) so I've seen many of your posts on the forum.

I think while typically sane and refreshing, I have to agree with bml that some of your posts have come off as very douchey. Let's try to show some joy for people who did get invites, and let's show some humility and some self-awareness. I don't think Harvard necessarily made a mistake not giving you an interview. They have a process and a way of doing things.

At the end of the day, all of these schools will provide a decent platform for the rest of your life (even Columbia).
VP
VP
Send PM
dissapointed wrote:

jlgdr I think I applied to many of the same schools as you (H/S/W) so I've seen many of your posts on the forum.

I think while typically sane and refreshing, I have to agree with bml that some of your posts have come off as very douchey. Let's try to show some joy for people who did get invites, and let's show some humility and some self-awareness. I don't think Harvard necessarily made a mistake not giving you an interview. They have a process and a way of doing things.

At the end of the day, all of these schools will provide a decent platform for the rest of your life (even Columbia).

Haha ok "Dissapointed" I get where you're coming from. I respect your opinions though mate, but are we done with the drama here? Right now I'm 100% focused on Stanford- if you guys want to start thinking that there's life after Stanford and all that, then its fine. I'll start making those plans myself on Tuesday with all your due respect. Sorry if it hurts your feelings :)

Oh and by the way sir, I find it a bit douchey myself that you state in your post "(even Columbia)." Not sure what's that supposed to mean...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [3]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
dissapointed wrote:

Attachments

3477456-mfw_i_start_a_flame_war-8773.gif
3477456-mfw_i_start_a_flame_war-8773.gif [ 424.75 KiB | Viewed 6347 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
The panic level after yesterday has reached so high that I am reading my GSB application this morning to check "Am I being real in expecting interview call?" GSB has definitely changed one life..:P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
MBA2017India wrote:
The panic level after yesterday has reached so high that I am reading my GSB application this morning to check "Am I being real in expecting interview call?" GSB has definitely changed one life..:P

same here man! I thought I have a very good chance but hope is slim now/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
My primary recommender just informed me that he forgot to answer one of the 2 questions.
No wonder I havn't received a call yet.
Bye bye Stanford!
VP
VP
Send PM
RG800 wrote:
My primary recommender just informed me that he forgot to answer one of the 2 questions.
No wonder I havn't received a yet.
Bye bye Stanford!

If its the feedback question it doesnt matter!

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
jlgdr wrote:
RG800 wrote:
No wonder I havn't received a yet.
Bye bye Stanford!

If its the feedback question it doesnt matter!

Posted from my mobile device

I think they ask these questions for a reason, so I wouldn't say that one doesn't matter. That said, the recommendation is definitely just one aspect of the application, just like the essays and the interview and everything else. :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  87   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts