Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 22:36 It is currently 03 May 2024, 22:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:R2: MIT (ding), Stanford (WL w/int), Wharton (WL w/ int), Emory (admitted!)
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Re: Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
mbaDreamBig wrote:
Any one in India get an interview invite? :-(
My app has been under review for sometime and I am beginning to get really anxious!

No invite yet. The application says under review for the whole duration. Don't worry about that.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
mbaDreamBig wrote:
Any one in India get an interview invite? :-(
My app has been under review for sometime and I am beginning to get really anxious!

BTW... whats your profile like?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
28/M/760/Engg -3.3/WE: 7+ /EC: decent
Manager
Manager
Schools:Stanford, Haas, Stern
Send PM
Hi Moderator,

I am actually a R2 applicants and I am listed as an R1 applicant in the roll call. Can you please switch me?

Thanks.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
mbaTime wrote:
Hi Moderator,

I am actually a R2 applicants and I am listed as an R1 applicant in the roll call. Can you please switch me?

Thanks.

I noticed that I am not on the roll call for R2. Please add me!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:LBS (admit), Stanford (ding)
GMAT 2: 640
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Strategy Consulting (3 years)
WE 2: Design (1 year)
WE 3: Strategy Consulting (2 years)
Send PM
Any Londoners? I've found one over on the Business Week forum. There's got to be more, right??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Schools:Stanford R2 (Interview)
Send PM
Kudos
Am I making this up, or did the GSB info page used to say: "We expect to interview between 800 and 1,200 applicants this year?" Now it says between 800 and 1,000...wonder if they are scaling back?

https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/mba/admissi ... views.html

From a Derrick Bolton post in 2007:

We've gotten lots of questions from you about exactly how many interviews we conduct.

Since 2002, we have extended between ~950 and ~1200 interview invitations annually. For the 2007 intake, we interviewed ~1,050 candidates. The total varies based on both the number of applications we receive and the quality of those applications.

We've provided a range of 800-1200 because I typically begin the year thinking that we should only interview about 800 (but fail miserably to do so, as you can tell from the previous paragraph). Since you typically use last year's figures to gauge this year's chances, I felt it would be misleading to say 1,100 or 1,200 when there was a chance we'd finish the year at only 800. Hence the range.

Why ~800? There's no magic to that number except that at ~800 interviews, we'd be able to offer admission to ~60% of candidates interviewed. When I talk to our students and alumni, they say it just feels better to know that you are more-likely-than-not to be admitted after the interview. So that's been my aim for the past couple of years. Your applications are so phenomenal, however, that we want to meet far more than 800 of you! And your applications always will determine the ultimate number of interview invitations.

Let me reiterate that the information in my 1 November 2007 post is accurate: we will send many interview invitations in December and even into January. If you haven't received an interview invitation yet, please don't worry. There's plenty of time.

Think of it this way: the period between 22 October 2007 (when applications were due) and 24 January 2008 (when decisions are due) comprises nearly 14 weeks. Subtract two weeks for the interviews to occur and you have 12 weeks. We're just finishing week six of that 12-week period and will be reading files well into 2008. As we read files we will continue to extend interview invitations. Some days we might invite only two or three people to interview, while other days we might invite 20 or 30. No matter when you receive your invitation, it means the same thing: we consider you a very competitive applicant.

--Derrick
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Haas
Send PM
To those of you who got invites - what is your applicant's number and when did you get your invite. my theory is that the admissions office reviews the applications in the order of applicants' numbers and these depend on when you created you Appyourself account...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Internet
Schools:Stanford, HBS (interview)
 Q50  V42
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Product Management
WE 2: Software Engineer
Send PM
I am still haven't gotten an invite - but tonight I visited our coveted GSB for the Arbuckle Award Dinner where they honored Richard Rainwright. Garth & company were there... :\ This waiting sucks but the dinner reminded me what we're doing it for.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Pi Tau Sigma - Mechanical Engineering Honor Fraternity
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship and Renewable Energy
Schools:Johns Hopkins University - Carey Business School
 Q38  V38
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 7 yr/Project Engineer in Product Development and Manufacturing - Fortune 500
Send PM
I just found this forum... how do I get added to the roll call for R2?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Is there any subtotal of how many people on this forum applied/received invitation? Any invitations last week - seems very quiet?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Biotech
Send PM
Please add me to the list of applicants. I applied R2 and received an interview. I'm a re-applicant from last year (WLed with an interview last year).
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Tuck Class of 2012
Send PM
idleking wrote:
Thanks. That's a good way of looking at it. Did you apply or have been admitted anywhere else?

Idle, I'm sorry it took me a while to respond. To answer your question - Darden and Tuck are the only other schools I'm applying to. Did a self-initiated interview w/ Tuck back in November and will be interviewing at Darden this month. All R2.

I wanted a small(er) GM program with 1) a strong alumni network, 2) great recruiting into management consulting, and 3) an active Partner Club for my husband. Each program is very different and I am equally excited for them all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:Wharton (R1, accepted with fellowship), MIT Sloan (R1, accepted), HBS (R1, ding w/o interview), GSB (R2, accepted)
GMAT 3: 750
Send PM
i think one of the moderators has to update roll call because it really hasnt been updated in ages.

i just got an interview today. really could not believe it. am a re-applicant
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:University of Chicago
 Q40  V44
Send PM
Jordin,

Do you mind sharing your stats with us. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:Wharton (R1, accepted with fellowship), MIT Sloan (R1, accepted), HBS (R1, ding w/o interview), GSB (R2, accepted)
GMAT 3: 750
Send PM
26F / 750 / 3.6 at top 5 private / 4.5 yrs IB and PE. dont think this is that helpful though! randomly enough, in my extended social circle i have only heard of 2 other ppl getting invites and they are ib or consulting females.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just received an interview! I am really excited, I no longer believed I would receive one. I guess this will keep the hope alive. Best.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts