GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2019, 22:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UW-Foster Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE: Other (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all UW-Foster Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 12:54
Pullo87 wrote:
For R3 admits: what is the deposit due date?

Need to accept by May 1...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: International Business, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.31
WE: Other (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 12:56
burningcole wrote:
Pullo87 wrote:

thank you!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 13:12
Pullo87 wrote:
burningcole wrote:
Pullo87 wrote:

thank you!

FYI... if you were wait-listed they might throw you in the R4 pool... R4 acceptance deadline is June 15.

If it was me... I would go to Foster over Georgetown (especially if you get state tuition). Unless, you have some overriding reason to be in DC (family or desire to work with NGOs or government).

Good luck!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 13:30
burningcole wrote:

FYI... if you were wait-listed they might throw you in the R4 pool... R4 acceptance deadline is June 15.

If it was me... I would go to Foster over Georgetown (especially if you get state tuition). Unless, you have some overriding reason to be in DC (family or desire to work with NGOs or government).

Good luck!

I was waitlisted before this interview came up. I would pick Foster over Georgetown for exactly the reason you give - it will be in-state tuition and I certainly won't have to move cross country which helps with finances as well. Problem is: the deadline for Georgetown is May 1st. An interview is no guarantee of admittance and I don't want to gamble my future on a what if/maybe.

Would it be overly gauche for me to ask them how soon I could find out at my interview? Or maybe let them know that I would certainly choose Foster - if offered admission - over Georgetown and mention that the date is May 1st?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 13:38
Pullo87 wrote:
burningcole wrote:

Good luck!

I was waitlisted before this interview came up. I would pick Foster over Georgetown for exactly the reason you give - it will be in-state tuition and I certainly won't have to move cross country which helps with finances as well. Problem is: the deadline for Georgetown is May 1st. An interview is no guarantee of admittance and I don't want to gamble my future on a what if/maybe.

Would it be overly gauche for me to ask them how soon I could find out at my interview? Or maybe let them know that I would certainly choose Foster - if offered admission - over Georgetown and mention that the date is May 1st?

Not sure... Admissions Date for R4 is May 15th... if you applied R3 and they just offered you a F2F... they might let you know by R3 Deadline of March 30th (depending on when your interview is). The fact that they reached out to you now (after they received R4 applications) means they obviously think you are competitive. I would wait until after R3 decisions are out and then if you haven't heard anything I would politely explain the situation. Another thing to consider is how big is the deposit for Georgetown? It's still probably a way better deal for you to lose your deposit at Georgetown if you get into Washington.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 13:41
burningcole wrote:
Pullo87 wrote:
burningcole wrote:

Good luck!

Not sure... Admissions Date for R4 is May 15th... if you applied R3 and they just offered you a F2F... they might let you know by R3 Deadline of March 30th (depending on when your interview is). The fact that they reached out to you now (after they received R4 applications) means they obviously think you are competitive. I would wait until after R3 decisions are out and then if you haven't heard anything I would politely explain the situation. Another thing to consider is how big is the deposit for Georgetown? It's still probably a way better deal for you to lose your deposit at Georgetown if you get into Washington.

Good luck!

Earliest interview I could get was April 3rd. Georgetown deposit is 2k. I can't afford to throw that kind of money away. Do you think mentioning the timetable at the interview is appropriate? Or steer clear? I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place for this.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 13:48
Because you're coming from the wait-list I would say its probably okay to bring it up at the end of the interview. Just ask them what the time line is and what not... it gives you a further chance to express your love for all things UW/Seattle and reiterate how you would accept and what not... I would not want to waste the 2k either... Good luck.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 13:53
burningcole wrote:
Because you're coming from the wait-list I would say its probably okay to bring it up at the end of the interview. Just ask them what the time line is and what not... it gives you a further chance to express your love for all things UW/Seattle and reiterate how you would accept and what not... I would not want to waste the 2k either... Good luck.

I'll plan to do that then.

Thanks for the advice! :-D
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 15:24
BerkeleyorBust2015 wrote:
Anyone from R4 get an interview invite yet?

Hey all, first time post.

I got my application in on the 15th, got offered both video and f2f interviews on the 24th. Is that unusual? I would expect f2f to be dependent on the video.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 15:58
Mpatte wrote:

I got my application in on the 15th, got offered both video and f2f interviews on the 24th. Is that unusual? I would expect f2f to be dependent on the video.

A few people in R3 got the same double invite. It may or may not be unusual, but it certainly has precedence. Congrats!
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.49
WE: Marketing (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 18:40
Mpatte wrote:

Thanks! Would you mind sharing your profile (GMAT score, first letter of last name).

This waiting game is soooo stressful!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2015, 09:46
Mpatte wrote:

Thanks! Would you mind sharing your profile (GMAT score, first letter of last name).

This waiting game is soooo stressful!

Forgive my ignorance, I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

I have to admit that on paper I don’t think that I look very good. GPA of 2.8, disappointing GMAT of 650. I was 96th percentile for the verbal portion, but didn’t do as well as I could have for quant. I assumed that I would need to retake the GMAT and reapply for next year. With proper studying I am positive that I can swing my score up over 670, possibly over 700 since the verbal is a given.

I have a lot of work history, basically since 1999 in high school, constantly moving up and taking risks in my professional life. I honestly think that my essays and narrative are what have them interested in me, so now I get a chance to present myself and explain some things from my past. In some ways I wonder if the interviews are because they really don’t know what to make of me. But I do pride myself on my writing ability, so maybe it was purely what they saw in my essays. One of the things that I heard several times from recent grads and current students there is that they want people with a compelling story.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2015, 10:51
malavikasaxena wrote:
burningcole wrote:
malavikasaxena wrote:
Is there a thread or a whatsapp group for the admitted students (Class of 2017)?

There is a Facebook group and a whatsapp group for admitted students. You should get details in a follow-up email from UW.

The follow-up email did mention about the facebook group, but not the whatsapp group. Can anyone here add me to the whatsapp group, if there is one?

Congrats on the admit!
PM me your number, I can add you to the whatsapp group
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 10:30
So I did my video, which wasn't too bad. As long as i don't get a new email saying to not bother showing up to the in-person then i should be good :)

My questions were-
What is your greatest achievement outside of work?
What three things do you want to learn at Foster?

I found out from admission that I can retake the GMAT by the end of April and submit my new score, so I will go ahead and do so. But at the moment I am cautiously optimistic!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 560 Q37 V31

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 18:43
Hi I'm trying to log into the admitted student website and it says its password protected? I don't remember setting any password...is there like a general password? any ideas on how i can access the site? i feel kinda dumb about this :|

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.49
WE: Marketing (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 10:28
Mpatte wrote:
So I did my video, which wasn't too bad. As long as i don't get a new email saying to not bother showing up to the in-person then i should be good :)

My questions were-
What is your greatest achievement outside of work?
What three things do you want to learn at Foster?

I found out from admission that I can retake the GMAT by the end of April and submit my new score, so I will go ahead and do so. But at the moment I am cautiously optimistic!

Are you a local candidate?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 2.7

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 12:06
melodysyndrome wrote:
Hi I'm trying to log into the admitted student website and it says its password protected? I don't remember setting any password...is there like a general password? any ideas on how i can access the site? i feel kinda dumb about this :|

Thanks!

Should get an email from Foster with the new password. Call them up or shoot them a note if you haven't received it yet. I just got the email this morning. :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 12:46
Tejicano wrote:
melodysyndrome wrote:

Thanks!

Should get an email from Foster with the new password. Call them up or shoot them a note if you haven't received it yet. I just got the email this morning. :)

thanks i got the mail this morning too :) hey are you part of any whatsapp group for admitted students? I'm still trying to figure that out...know where i can send a request to be added?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 20:18
I got the initiail personality interview invitation today. THe one where they give you practice questions, and it is very informal. My question is, are the practice questions the same ones given during the actual interview or will they be random questions to test your ability to speak on the spot?

Thanks for any help
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 22:29
kellogs4toniee wrote:
I got the initiail personality interview invitation today. THe one where they give you practice questions, and it is very informal. My question is, are the practice questions the same ones given during the actual interview or will they be random questions to test your ability to speak on the spot?

Thanks for any help

Hey congratulations on the video interview invite....the actual questions will be random and different from the practice questions! Best of luck :thumbup:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all UW-Foster Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2015, 22:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22    Next  [ 436 posts ] 

Calling all UW-Foster Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status