It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 09:24

Live Now:

Ace the Booth Interview - Live on YouTube

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants

post reply Update application status  
CEO
CEO
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 12:40
For those worried about invites don't do so just yet. Last year, for Wharton, the vast majority of invites came on week 2 / close to last day of deadline. Also early interview invites don't really mean anything. Last year I was one of the earliest to get interview invites from Chicago (in R2) but I was also one of the first to get dinged. Stats suggest Wharton interviews about 40%.
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 13:59
bsd_lover wrote:
For those worried about invites don't do so just yet. Last year, for Wharton, the vast majority of invites came on week 2 / close to last day of deadline. Also early interview invites don't really mean anything. Last year I was one of the earliest to get interview invites from Chicago (in R2) but I was also one of the first to get dinged. Stats suggest Wharton interviews about 40%.

BSD, do you remember from last year's thread if there were a flood of interviews initially, or were invites sent out at a consistent rate throughout the invitation period?
CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 15:07
From what I remember a vast majority of them came out on the last two-three days. Dings were the last thing that came out (that part I remember well ..).

To quantify - there were only about 3 interview invites till the 9th of November. The vast majority came out on the 13,14,15th november - we had over 10 ppl who got interview invites.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tepper '11

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 15:09
Damn. gonna prepare myself for the Pain Train on 11/23
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 18:12
Medding & Mikus.....all the best for the interview:-)
Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT Sloan

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 19:05
Congrats to GMATclubbers with invites!

A silly question here - how can I tell which date my application status went to "Complete-Round1"?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 19:11
Hey guys I just checked my Wharton status. It says:

Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: 10/4/2008 2:06:00 AM E.S.T.
Complete - Round 1

Is this what you guys see? I'm confused. People say that their status went to "Complete" - do they mean the "Complete - Round 1" note at the bottom? And the fact that my submission status says "Submitted" - is that normal?
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 20:05
BSchoolorBust wrote:

Complete - Round 1

Is this what you guys see? I'm confused. People say that their status went to "Complete" - do they mean the "Complete - Round 1" note at the bottom? And the fact that my submission status says "Submitted" - is that normal?

Whoa, just noticed I'm in the same boat. Did people invited to interview go to "complete" rather than "submitted"? I guess I may have to call the adcom tomorrow.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 20:11
sonibubu wrote:
BSchoolorBust wrote:

Complete - Round 1

Whoa, just noticed I'm in the same boat. Did people invited to interview go to "complete" rather than "submitted"? I guess I may have to call the adcom tomorrow.

Mine says the same thing. I haven't heard anything about an interview as yet either.
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 20:21
Ok , I think I'm complete. Here's what mine says:

Submitted Date: 9/20/2008 1:06:00 AM E.S.T.
Complete - Round 1
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 20:23
Mine says the same...Complete Round 1
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 22:19
sonibubu wrote:
BSchoolorBust wrote:

Complete - Round 1

You guys are fine - here's what they wrote me a while ago:

Quote:
"If your online account reads "Complete - Round One," your application has all the required materials, has been processed by the Operations Team, and has been forwarded to the Committee for review.
If your online account reads "Received," then the Operations Team needs to process your online application submission and any materials submitted by hard copy. After your materials have been processed (assuming they arrived before the Round One deadline), your online account will be changed to "Complete for Round One" and your file will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Due to the high number of candidates who submitted their application during the past few days (more than 60% of candidates applying for Round One submitted their application within 24 hours of the deadline), it will take the Operations Team a few weeks to complete the processing of all materials. Therefore, please allow the Operations Team until Thursday, October 30th before inquiring about the completeness of your application.
Candidates who applied by hard-copy will receive information by e-mail about how to access their online account when the processing of their application is complete. All applications submitted by hard-copy will be processed by Thursday, October 30th.
The Admissions Committee will begin to release interview invitations on Thursday, October 23rd and will continue to release invitations on a daily basis until 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, November 13th. Due to the nature and complexity associated with the admissions process there is no particular order in which invitations are released. Also on November 13th, the Committee will release all final admissions decisions to candidates that are not being invited for an interview and therefore no longer being considered for admission."
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 03:14
Its a confusing process. I remember going to wharton and having a senior member of the admissions committee tell a group of about 50 of us that they printed the applications as they received them and that they would be reviewed in that order (during the review period). This, of course, seems to imply a linear process, where in theory, someone who submitted their app on the 8th should have received an "Application Complete for R 1" before someone who did it on the 9th.

But then again, who knows what they really do....

In case this helps, the ad com member said they dont check for SUPER STRICT adherence to the word limit for essays. She kind of laughed it off when a paranoid member of the crowd brought that question up. Obviously, take this comment with a grain of salt.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 06:21
Just got my interview invite. I submitted late Sept.

Does anyone know if there is any preference for on-campus vs off-campus interview?

Matt
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 06:28
No real preference, from what I gather. On campus, youl get interviewed by a current 2nd year student, whereas off campus youl most likely be interviewed by an alum...
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 06:39
any more gmatclubbers today receive invites?
Director
Director
Schools: Harvard '11

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 06:41
terp26 wrote:

no :(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 06:49
It seems as tho they send the invites always early in the AM. I havent seen any PM invites...
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 06:50
terp26 wrote:

More than a week passed by.. No calls for me. :cry: It's difficult to digest the fact that I wont get at least an interview invite.

Matt, congrats !!!! can u share your profile plz?
Current Student
Schools: Wharton '11

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 06:58
I got my invite on Wednesday at 4:50 PM EST (Something like that) so they do send them during the afternoon. The process is so stressful, that's unbelievable. At least for the GMAT we only had to wait 5 seconds for our scores... :)
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2008, 06:58

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  67    Next  [ 1339 posts ] 

Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap