Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:17 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Yale SOM '11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Media/Entertainment
Schools:Kellogg, Emory, Booth, Yale, Cornell, Duke
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
I am in. No money offered to me though.

Still going to Cornell.

Congratulation to all the admits.
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
BearStearner wrote:
I am in. No money offered to me though.

Still going to Cornell.

Congratulation to all the admits.

Congrats!!!!

:woohoo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Admitted this morning...no mention of money though. It looks like I'm good enough to get into these places, but not good enough to warrant any cash. Oh well, no need to be such a Debbie Downer.
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
thedudeabides wrote:
Admitted this morning...no mention of money though. It looks like I'm good enough to get into these places, but not good enough to warrant any cash. Oh well, no need to be such a Debbie Downer.

Congrats buddy!

:woohoo

P.S. - Don't be too disappointed about money until you get the fin aid package.

I got mine last week and they gave me $10k more than they promised me on the phone.
Now it's $35k a year, $70k in total.
I guess Yale adcom read about my LBS application :-D :-D :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks--I'll wait and see; no final word on anything until it's in writing. Since I'm waiting for UCLA, Darden, and SOM to deliver their final words, I'm back to being as tense as I was when waiting for interview invites. I need to just kick it; Type A personality be damned.

Who is going to admit weekend at the end of April?

Oh--and the link that the admissions staff sent me for the admitted students site is non-working (https://admissions.som.yale.edu/2011). Anyone have another address that does work?
Current Student
Send PM
thedudeabides wrote:
Thanks--I'll wait and see; no final word on anything until it's in writing. Since I'm waiting for UCLA, Darden, and SOM to deliver their final words, I'm back to being as tense as I was when waiting for interview invites. I need to just kick it; Type A personality be damned.

Oh--and the link that the admissions staff sent me for the admitted students site is non-working (https://admissions.som.yale.edu/2011). Anyone have another address that does work?

https://admissions.som.yale.edu/engage/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Yale SOM 2011
 Q44  V42
Send PM
ruthlessgravity wrote:
thedudeabides wrote:

still dosn't work for me just takes me to my App status page?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
smokedpotatoes2 wrote:
ruthlessgravity wrote:
thedudeabides wrote:

There should be a link to a letter from the head of admissions with your admission decision. In that letter is the link to the admitted students website.
Current Student
Send PM
smokedpotatoes2 wrote:
ruthlessgravity wrote:
thedudeabides wrote:

It takes a while. I got admitted on a Friday and my login didn't work correctly until the following Monday. It will take you to the acceptance letter page until they properly put you in the system. Congrats on getting in!
Current Student
Concentration: Consulting
Schools:Haas Harvard Sloan Yale
 Q46  V41
Send PM
Hey, congrats to the new admits (w/ or w/o $$)!!! Might see you on campus in April

And Nink, that's an awesome looking apartment! I was looking at one of their sister buildings over on Chapel because they allow dogs...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:NYU STERN
Send PM
Oh well I got Dinged just now.... I wish I could say I would apply next year but I am a 28 year old female and that just aint happening!

Congrats to all admits!!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
I just got the following email:

Dear XXXXXXXX:

Thank you for your interest in the Yale School of Management. After careful consideration of your application, we regret that we are unable to offer you admission to the Class of 2011 because your face is way too ugly.

Due to the large number of high quality applications from good looking people we receive each year, we are faced with the difficult task of selecting a small incoming class from a very competitive applicant pool. Unfortunately, this means that we are unable to offer admission to many ugly individuals, one of which is you.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXXXXXX
Director of Admissions

Okay, okay. The real email was a tad different but was still a ding. Oh well. Congrats to those who got in!
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
Raabend wrote:
I just got the following email............. but was still a ding. Oh well. Congrats to those who got in!

Booooo!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, guys,

I have just been accepted into Yale SOM class of 2011 with a $25,000 scholarship ($12,500 per year) I have also been admitted to NYU Stern without money. I like both schools and am a bit torn between the two choices.

I am currently working in the marketing/distribution side of asset management industry and am looking to switch to portfolio management or banking as an intermediary to buy-side shops. I am planning to stay in the US, since my wife is in NYC. Given my foreign student status and the current protectionist environment in the US, I might have to be flexible about my plan in finance and consider other areas such as consulting/marketing. My stats are 750/3.8/top 10 liberal arts/26

I wonder if any of you has encountered similar choices and can offer some insights. Your help is much appreciated!
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
gujingkan wrote:
I have just been accepted into Yale SOM class of 2011 with a $25,000 scholarship ($12,500 per year) I have also been admitted to NYU Stern without money. I like both schools and am a bit torn between the two choices.

Both schools are heavily exposed to Northeast/NYC job market woes for financial services professionals.

However, if you plan on doing finance - NYU Stern would make more sense.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nink wrote:
gujingkan wrote:

Both schools are heavily exposed to Northeast/NYC job market woes for financial services professionals.

However, if you plan on doing finance - NYU Stern would make more sense.

Thank you nink for your response. I think I read somewhere that you were given a great scholarship from Yale and had choice from NYU. Your perspective is very valuable to me. Thank you!
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
gujingkan wrote:
Thank you nink for your response. I think I read somewhere that you were given a great scholarship from Yale and had choice from NYU. Your perspective is very valuable to me. Thank you!

My honest opinion, regardless of either school's perceived reputation or the ranking...

"Fit" is more important factor than "brand" of bschool. During my bschool visits, chat sessions with current/former bschool students, I met many people who found this fact the hard way. Even if you end up at some top 3 bschool, if you can't adapt and fit into the school's culture and etc, you are really wasting your 2 years at bschool.

Also in my opinion, the school you end up is not as important as the kind of person you are and what you have accomplished in your career. A school does not make a person, but you do. No matter how great a school is, it can not help you if you can't help yourself.

Now, I am not saying that having H/S/W degree on your resume will not generate some interest (or open doors in many places), but your prior work experience and ability to interact with others are the factors that will ultimately land you a job.

So choose the school that you feel is right for you. Whether that is Yale SOM or NYU Stern, your future rides on your own shoulders. Good luck. :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22