It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 12:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 192

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Schools: MIT
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2007, 21:14
vij101 wrote:
Guys,
Opened my gmail and what do I have ....................????
An Invite from Chicago GSB...........Boooyaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Time to unwind for a while and start hitting the floors for the Interview...Received my invite at the fag end of the day today....wake up guys...I feel that its going to pour next week.


Congratulations, and best of luck for your interview.

Do tell us how it went.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 155

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2007, 21:29
collegesenior wrote:
vij101 wrote:
Guys,
Opened my gmail and what do I have ....................????
An Invite from Chicago GSB...........Boooyaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Time to unwind for a while and start hitting the floors for the Interview...Received my invite at the fag end of the day today....wake up guys...I feel that its going to pour next week.


Congratulations, and best of luck for your interview.

Do tell us how it went.

I am planning to interview in the week of 11/26....just procrastinating to see the trend of questions this year. However, it all depends on the response from my interviewer....

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 1045

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Location: New York, NY
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 09:08
Come on!

Does anyone know how to make a continuous refresh? I'm getting tired :lol:

Anxiety is worse in this phase than I was expecting, seriously...

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 962

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 09:17
do they send invites out during the course of the day? or just once during the day?

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 192

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Schools: MIT
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 09:28
dabots wrote:
do they send invites out during the course of the day? or just once during the day?


It would have been nice if schools released interview invitations at a specific time in the day, say 9 a.m.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4318

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 09:30
dabots wrote:
do they send invites out during the course of the day? or just once during the day?


Seems like over the course of the day because people say they get them at all sorts of different times. It would be nice if it was 11:30 am est or something like that.

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 133

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 11:23
Weird thing just happened. I have not received an e-mail from Chicago GSB about an invite to interview, but I logged in because I was bored and avoiding work. My status says "Invite to Interview." I went back, still no e-mail, and when I click on "Interviews" on the Chicago website, it says that none are available.

I'll assume this is good news, but kind of strange...

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 962

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 11:33
i just got an email from Rose Martinelli... thanking me for attending the Wash DC reception.. :evil:

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 112

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 11:46
HAHAHA, i just got the same thing. My heard skipped a beat when I saw the GSB in the subject line - but then I read the rest of it. DOH!!!!

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 1552

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 1

Location: Ann Arbor
Schools: Ross '10
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 11:48
Check your profile online to make sure that you have the correct email address. Who knows? They may have sent you an invite already.

faceman wrote:
Weird thing just happened. I have not received an e-mail from Chicago GSB about an invite to interview, but I logged in because I was bored and avoiding work. My status says "Invite to Interview." I went back, still no e-mail, and when I click on "Interviews" on the Chicago website, it says that none are available.

I'll assume this is good news, but kind of strange...

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 1

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 1045

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Location: New York, NY
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 11:49
dabots wrote:
i just got an email from Rose Martinelli... thanking me for attending the Wash DC reception.. :evil:


Newsletters, and this stuff, they really want to test if we're tough.

It's going to be a very long week,, refreshing and refreshing, over and over :(

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5926

Kudos [?]: 2197 [0], given: 7

Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 11:51
faceman wrote:
Weird thing just happened. I have not received an e-mail from Chicago GSB about an invite to interview, but I logged in because I was bored and avoiding work. My status says "Invite to Interview." I went back, still no e-mail, and when I click on "Interviews" on the Chicago website, it says that none are available.

I'll assume this is good news, but kind of strange...


Call the school. Tell them the above and mention that you are looking to schedule an interview as a result but are unsure how to do so.

Kudos [?]: 2197 [0], given: 7

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 133

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 12:07
ncprasad - checked the e-mail address and it is correct. Good thought though.

rhyme - I'll give them a call. The "date of status change" is 11/5, so at least it's not been sitting in this status since last week or anything.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 962

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 12:11
now i have to check the status page constantly because my it may not go to my email

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 133

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 12:38
Called the GSB. I left a message for the processing people who haven't called back yet, but now when I log in I can see interview dates and can sign up, so presumably they "fixed the glitch." Still no e-mail, but obviously that doesn't matter anymore!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 1552

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 1

Location: Ann Arbor
Schools: Ross '10
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 12:41
congrats on the interview invite. Here I am mourning my lack of interview invites, and you come and report two invites in the same day.

:evil:

BTW, Great job! and all the best!

faceman wrote:
Called the GSB. I left a message for the processing people who haven't called back yet, but now when I log in I can see interview dates and can sign up, so presumably they "fixed the glitch." Still no e-mail, but obviously that doesn't matter anymore!

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 133

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 12:44
ncprasad wrote:
congrats on the interview invite. Here I am mourning my lack of interview invites, and you come and report two invites in the same day.
:evil:

BTW, Great job! and all the best!

faceman wrote:
Called the GSB. I left a message for the processing people who haven't called back yet, but now when I log in I can see interview dates and can sign up, so presumably they "fixed the glitch." Still no e-mail, but obviously that doesn't matter anymore!


Thanks. Believe me, I am quite appreciative of the fact that I received these invites. Good luck to you! I'm still waiting on a few, but I can't complain anymore.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Posts: 49

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 13:11
just got an invite. iz nice!

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4318

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 13:18
Add me to this list of invited to interview. This is a good confidence boost for my Kellogg interview tonight.

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 1062

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2007, 13:20
Awesome!!! congrats River, face and everyone else :)

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

  [#permalink] 05 Nov 2007, 13:20

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20  ...  135    Next  [ 2681 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: rohan2345



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.