It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 09:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 441

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 07:36
Wish you the best of luck. Hope to see all of you who applied to GSB respond with "I am in" messages.

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 214

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 07:42
aceman626 wrote:
how many % of R1 interviewees do you think they will accept?

For all 3 rounds overall, i would think 40% of the interviewees, if they interview 60% of the total applicant pool. But I am thinking its should be higher for R1, probably 50% of interviewees.


If they really did interview 60% of applicants, I think 33% of the interviewees will be accepted. With the increase in applications, especially at GSB, I expect their admit rate to be in the teens.

Is anyone else's stomach in knots right now? The wait for GSB and Kellogg are just killing me.

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 82

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 07:43
aceman626 wrote:
how many % of R1 interviewees do you think they will accept?

For all 3 rounds overall, i would think 40% of the interviewees, if they interview 60% of the total applicant pool. But I am thinking its should be higher for R1, probably 50% of interviewees.


I personally believe that is fairly high.. apps appear to be up 35-40% this year according to people I've spoken to. I continue to believe that 30-35% of interviewees is the number for R1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 82

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 08:42
So for what it is worth, Joanna on the GSB boards re-iterated that decisions will be released on Wednesday, but I'm not sure if that is just standard protocol and that calls will still be made.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5926

Kudos [?]: 2163 [0], given: 7

Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 08:43
jpjazzman wrote:
So for what it is worth, Joanna on the GSB boards re-iterated that decisions will be released on Wednesday, but I'm not sure if that is just standard protocol and that calls will still be made.


Well, then maybe they are doing it a little different this year... We'll know in a few hours.

Kudos [?]: 2163 [0], given: 7

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 133

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 08:44
jpjazzman wrote:
So for what it is worth, Joanna on the GSB boards re-iterated that decisions will be released on Wednesday, but I'm not sure if that is just standard protocol and that calls will still be made.


I think from the Rose chat and what Joanna has said before, we know for certain that at least some admits will go out tomorrow. The questions is just whether they will begin today.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 1045

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Location: New York, NY
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 08:48
I think I'll have a heart attack, very anxious...

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 82

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 08:49
rhyme wrote:
jpjazzman wrote:
So for what it is worth, Joanna on the GSB boards re-iterated that decisions will be released on Wednesday, but I'm not sure if that is just standard protocol and that calls will still be made.


Well, then maybe they are doing it a little different this year... We'll know in a few hours.


Rhyme -

Was the process the same series of events last year? Ie. decision date moved up two weeks to a mid-week date, then they said decisions would only be released that day, but in the end calls were made at the beginning of the week? Seems that if applications at GSB are really up 30-35% this year that it could make sense if they take every last minute they have to finalize decisions...

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 155

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 08:57
jpjazzman wrote:
rhyme wrote:
jpjazzman wrote:
So for what it is worth, Joanna on the GSB boards re-iterated that decisions will be released on Wednesday, but I'm not sure if that is just standard protocol and that calls will still be made.


Well, then maybe they are doing it a little different this year... We'll know in a few hours.


Rhyme -

Was the process the same series of events last year? Ie. decision date moved up two weeks to a mid-week date, then they said decisions would only be released that day, but in the end calls were made at the beginning of the week? Seems that if applications at GSB are really up 30-35% this year that it could make sense if they take every last minute they have to finalize decisions...



Dear applicants,

Decisions will be released on December 19th.

Good Luck,


The most recent post by an adcom in the GSB discussion forum. Seems we will have to endure a tedious 48 hour period.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5926

Kudos [?]: 2163 [0], given: 7

Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 09:03
jpjazzman wrote:
rhyme wrote:
jpjazzman wrote:
So for what it is worth, Joanna on the GSB boards re-iterated that decisions will be released on Wednesday, but I'm not sure if that is just standard protocol and that calls will still be made.


Well, then maybe they are doing it a little different this year... We'll know in a few hours.


Rhyme -

Was the process the same series of events last year? Ie. decision date moved up two weeks to a mid-week date, then they said decisions would only be released that day, but in the end calls were made at the beginning of the week? Seems that if applications at GSB are really up 30-35% this year that it could make sense if they take every last minute they have to finalize decisions...


I can't recall if they went out and made a point of actually saying that decisions would only be released on the day, but so far things have gone exactly the same way. As for "waiting to the last minute", they've already made all their decisions.

Kudos [?]: 2163 [0], given: 7

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4318

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 09:31
No news yet...maybe they aren't coming out until tomorrow or wed afterall. The amazing thing is that some clown hasn't claimed to have been admitted on BW.

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Status: Um... what do you want to know?
Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 5464

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 14

Location: SF, CA, USA
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 10:23
well, whether it's today or Wednesday, good luck to you all!!! :)

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 14

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 985

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 8

Location: Hong Kong
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 10:35
My nerves are completely shot....I am literally hallucinating now.

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 8

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 1045

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Location: New York, NY
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 10:38
aviroop wrote:
My nerves are completely shot....I am literally hallucinating now.


Hahaha me too, I received a call in my cel phone and: bang my wife, then I got to my desk after a meeting and there was a Fedex envelope in my desk: the receipt of my transcripts do GSB.

It's going to be a very long 45 or so hours...

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 1062

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 10:42
Dont think we want to know certain details ;) kidding :)

kwam wrote:
aviroop wrote:
My nerves are completely shot....I am literally hallucinating now.


Hahaha me too, I received a call in my cel phone and: bang my wife, then I got to my desk after a meeting and there was a Fedex envelope in my desk: the receipt of my transcripts do GSB.

It's going to be a very long 45 or so hours...

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 985

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 8

Location: Hong Kong
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 10:43
dont see any activity on BW.

Admissions 411 is showing one admit....

Since I am not a member of that forum, cant make sure if that is correct.. or is it some user who mistakenly put his admit on chicago instead of columbia... I recall reading this on another thread..

Neways.. its already 11 30 am in Chicago.. I think GSB is sticking to its guns...
An anxious 20 hour wait...

Where is river and rhyme when you need them... :wink:

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 8

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4318

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 10:57
The admin411 is a PT guy, its been there for a month. Still waiting...but no hope until tomorrow.

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 217

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 2

Location: Dallas
Schools: Fuqua, Anderson, Johnson, Ross
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 11:02
aviroop wrote:
dont see any activity on BW.

Admissions 411 is showing one admit....

Since I am not a member of that forum, cant make sure if that is correct.. or is it some user who mistakenly put his admit on chicago instead of columbia... I recall reading this on another thread..

Neways.. its already 11 30 am in Chicago.. I think GSB is sticking to its guns...
An anxious 20 hour wait...

Where is river and rhyme when you need them... :wink:


The solitary Chicago admit was on 11/3 & rolling. That indicates that he applied to the PT program, which has rolling admissions.

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 2

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 1045

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Location: New York, NY
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 11:23
dosa_don wrote:
Dont think we want to know certain details ;) kidding :)

kwam wrote:
aviroop wrote:
My nerves are completely shot....I am literally hallucinating now.


Hahaha me too, I received a call in my cel phone and: bang my wife, then I got to my desk after a meeting and there was a Fedex envelope in my desk: the receipt of my transcripts do GSB.

It's going to be a very long 45 or so hours...


Oh man, I should have put a comma there, now I see the mess I did, sorry...

Anyway, I really need to write something today and I just can't focus...

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Status: Um... what do you want to know?
Joined: 04 Jun 2007
Posts: 5464

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 14

Location: SF, CA, USA
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2007, 11:24
stay strong everyone... (and I'll need all your support come end of January :P)

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 14

  [#permalink] 17 Dec 2007, 11:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  36   37   38   39   40  ...  135    Next  [ 2681 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Chicago Booth Part time 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 37 27 Apr 2015, 16:21
21 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Booth (Chicago):Calling Waitlisted applicants-Class of 2016 jumsumtak 59 04 Aug 2014, 16:16
431 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 Narenn 1418 18 Jun 2014, 18:50
535 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants ak2012 1669 10 Nov 2013, 20:13
520 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants GoBruin 2695 13 Dec 2010, 19:41
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: rohan2345



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.