GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Nov 2019, 12:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Posts: 96
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 18:16
w504ds wrote:
Weird how quiet it is for invites. Haven't seen any new invites really on gmatclub and beatthegmat. If you got an invite this week, can you update your status for all of us who are eagerly awaiting an invite (so we can have some hope?) :-)


I think its a ding if one didn't get invite by now..Its only 3 more working days before final decision.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2010
Posts: 247
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 18:27
I thought decisions was January 15th? Still have plenty of time.
_________________
"Only by going too far, can one find out how far one can go."

--T.S. Elliot
Retired Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2014
Posts: 448
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2014, 18:41
This is their winter holiday and the decision date is January 15th.

Quote:
Winter Holiday December 24, 2014-January 2, 2015


Definitely more than 3 days
_________________
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Ellie R.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 06:01
For those of you that received an interview invite, did your status change on the application portal?

After reading some of last year's thread it looks like statuses changed when the adcom picked up the application for evaluation.

My status has been in 'ready for review' for a couple months now and I'm not sure if I should keep checking for it to change to "final review."

From last year's thread...
"
Stage 1: The description reads something like " Your application is ready for review......" and under additional notes they put in comments if they will need your official transcripts etc at a later stage if you are invited for interview

Stage 2: When the adcom guys actually pick your application for review, the status description changes to this -
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"
"
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2014
Posts: 9
Location: Canada
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 06:07
1
I interviewed in Nov and my status hasn't changed from "Interview and Review", which is what it was as soon as I got the invite.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 06:25
gccanuck87 wrote:
I interviewed in Nov and my status hasn't changed from "Interview and Review", which is what it was as soon as I got the invite.


Thanks for the quick reply, that's very helpful! From reading last year's thread it sounds like your status changes when they're reviewing your application, then it changes again after you've had your interview.

Unless you were someone who spent way too much time checking his or her status every day (like me) you wouldn't have seen the pre-interview change (if that exists this year).

Good luck everybody!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 138
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 07:28
1
Wenger wrote:
gccanuck87 wrote:
I interviewed in Nov and my status hasn't changed from "Interview and Review", which is what it was as soon as I got the invite.


Thanks for the quick reply, that's very helpful! From reading last year's thread it sounds like your status changes when they're reviewing your application, then it changes again after you've had your interview.

Unless you were someone who spent way too much time checking his or her status every day (like me) you wouldn't have seen the pre-interview change (if that exists this year).

Good luck everybody!


I don't think there were "stages" this year. I applied last year and saw the two stages but didn't see anything this year. I think they saw the panic on the forum that resulted from the two "stages" and changed their system this year, haha.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 07:36
secondtimesthecharm wrote:
Wenger wrote:
gccanuck87 wrote:
I interviewed in Nov and my status hasn't changed from "Interview and Review", which is what it was as soon as I got the invite.


Thanks for the quick reply, that's very helpful! From reading last year's thread it sounds like your status changes when they're reviewing your application, then it changes again after you've had your interview.

Unless you were someone who spent way too much time checking his or her status every day (like me) you wouldn't have seen the pre-interview change (if that exists this year).

Good luck everybody!


I don't think there were "stages" this year. I applied last year and saw the two stages but didn't see anything this year. I think they saw the panic on the forum that resulted from the two "stages" and changed their system this year, haha.


Good call, I think you're probably right. If that is true, Kellogg might do the same thing next year to avoid widespread hysteria over the date changes on their video essay.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 138
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 07:46
I hope so!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Posts: 96
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 08:16
bml1105 wrote:
This is their winter holiday and the decision date is January 15th.

Quote:
Winter Holiday December 24, 2014-January 2, 2015


Definitely more than 3 days


My bad, I was browsing too many schools in too many tabs. That response was for Darden thread :P
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jun 2014
Posts: 16
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.95
WE: Account Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2014, 16:03
1
Wenger wrote:
For those of you that received an interview invite, did your status change on the application portal?

After reading some of last year's thread it looks like statuses changed when the adcom picked up the application for evaluation.

My status has been in 'ready for review' for a couple months now and I'm not sure if I should keep checking for it to change to "final review."

From last year's thread...
"
Stage 1: The description reads something like " Your application is ready for review......" and under additional notes they put in comments if they will need your official transcripts etc at a later stage if you are invited for interview

Stage 2: When the adcom guys actually pick your application for review, the status description changes to this -
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"
"


Wenger, is your status still "Ready for Review?"

Mine has been "Application Under Review" (Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision) since October 20th or around that date. I wonder if they looked at my application and set it aside for now.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Apr 2014
Posts: 19
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2014, 11:47
HACT369 wrote:
Wenger wrote:
For those of you that received an interview invite, did your status change on the application portal?

After reading some of last year's thread it looks like statuses changed when the adcom picked up the application for evaluation.

My status has been in 'ready for review' for a couple months now and I'm not sure if I should keep checking for it to change to "final review."

From last year's thread...
"
Stage 1: The description reads something like " Your application is ready for review......" and under additional notes they put in comments if they will need your official transcripts etc at a later stage if you are invited for interview

Stage 2: When the adcom guys actually pick your application for review, the status description changes to this -
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"
"


Wenger, is your status still "Ready for Review?"

Mine has been "Application Under Review" (Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision) since October 20th or around that date. I wonder if they looked at my application and set it aside for now.


Yes, mine has been at Stage 1 since the beginning of October. Either they looked at my application and the status didn't change OR my application hasn't been picked up yet.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 138
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2014, 06:57
Have we really only seen one interview invite in December? Last year was so much more active at this point in the process.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2013
Posts: 531
Berkeley-Haas Veterans Learn VC Ropes on Trek to Andreessen Horowitz  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2014, 12:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Berkeley-Haas Veterans Learn VC Ropes on Trek to Andreessen Horowitz
Members of the Haas Veterans Club spent an afternoon at VC firm Andreessen Horowitz, engaging in a case study on funding negotiations, learning about the tech employment landscape for vets, and sitting down with Founder Mark Andreessen.

Guest bloggers Brian Chadwick, Mark Lee, and Mike Christman, all MBA 16, recap the experience:

Image

This fall, thirteen members of the Haas Veterans Club participated in a trek to Menlo Park-based Venture Capital firm Andreessen Horowitz (known colloquially as a16z). The trek was the result of coordination between Vivek Ahuja, MBA 15, and Elizabeth Ocken, a Marketing Partner at a16z, who met through the COMMIT Foundation (a national non-profit dedicated to supporting veteran career transition).

We arrived at noon and were treated to lunch in a16z’s impressive Executive Briefing Center, the site of hundreds – if not thousands – of meetings between corporate executives, government leaders, and Silicon Valley’s most promising entrepreneurs.

Capabilities Prized in the Startup Community
Following lunch, Juliet Nyatta, Chief of the Business Operations Team, provided us with an informative overview of Andreessen Horowitz, including the firm’s unique, portfolio company-focused architecture. Frank Chen, Chief of the Deals Team, then led us in a guided case study of the firm’s funding negotiations with a recent startup. Dividing the Veterans Club into two teams, Frank shared some key details from the negotiations and facilitated as we debated for and against investing in the company.

Following the case study, Michael Copeland, former Senior Editor of Wired Magazine and a16z partner in the Marketing Team, moderated an interview with Chief of the Technical Talent Team Shannon Schiltz on the landscape for veterans in technology and insights on managing career transition.

Schiltz commented that a16z was particularly interested in the veteran community, because it consisted of individuals who were capable of operating under stress and of making complex decisions in ambiguous environments – abilities prized in the startup community. She was careful to add, however, that entrepreneurs had generally not made the connection between veterans and the qualities they seek in employees, and offered us some tactical suggestions for conveying our value to employers.

One-on-One Interaction with a Big Player in the Field
Our visit culminated with an appearance by a16z co-founder Mark Andreessen, interviewed by Don Faul, a former Marine Corps infantry officer and current Head of Operations at Pinterest. Andreessen spoke briefly about the changing nature of venture capital and responded to questions from the Veterans Club.

First year full-time Berkeley MBA student Michael Christman commented, "Getting the chance to visit a16z was a great opportunity. Especially so early in our first year, to get one-on-one interaction with a big player in the field and see how other veterans have succeeded in their transition from the military really opened my eyes about the skills veterans have that others find valuable." 

Full-time MBA student Mark Lee also commented, “As a veteran transitioning to a career in technology, I was curious to learn more about the role venture capital firms play in silicon valley–particularly how they foster growth for their startup founders. The visit was a tremendous opportunity for us to hear from one of the most influential firms in the Valley, and I hope we maintain a strong relationship for future Veteran’s Club engagements.” 

The Journey Home, as Old as War Itself
A recent survey by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics found there are over 21.4 million veterans in the U.S. and 2.8 million from the recent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The transition from the military to civilian life is different for everyone and the journey home is as old as war itself.

“The Odyssey” is often cited as one of the earliest parables of a soldier struggling with homecoming, and many veterans find that the journey home has changed little in the 2500 years since Homer wrote his epic poem. While veterans like us have been afforded all of the privileges that an academic institution like Berkeley offers, it is important to know that the unemployment rates for veterans, especially those who have served in our recent wars, remains higher than the national average. Our trip to Andreessen Horowitz was a great sign that firms in the Bay Area recognize the value veterans add to their organizations and are engaged in supporting their transitions.

Our Berkeley-Haas vets learned about potential career transformations on this trek. Watch this video tribute to learn about the transitions students have made from the military to the Berkeley MBA. 

 

Image

 

 

Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

_________________
This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2014
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2014, 14:05
It appears that way... I've heard stories from reputable people that people heard back the day before the deadline. I just hope there's still some space for us!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2014
Posts: 8
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.31
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2014, 20:25
I didn't received anything relates to interview invitation for Haas...... Actually for the two schools I've applied in the west, no sound at all..... Haas and Anderson... so silent....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2014
Posts: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.63
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2014, 15:56
I just got an invite today - there's still hope!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 138
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2014, 15:57
MBAPleaseME wrote:
I just got an invite today - there's still hope!


Congrats!!! Good luck :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Feb 2013
Posts: 2
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2014, 20:41
Just got an invite yesterday too. Don't lose your hope!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 138
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2014, 06:55
khapau wrote:
Just got an invite yesterday too. Don't lose your hope!


Congrats & good luck to you as well! :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 17 Dec 2014, 06:55

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  46    Next  [ 920 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: variantguy






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne